Kia EV6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jon, yep seems like a few of us have migrated, but glad to see some early adoptors receiving their cars this week.

It also appears many of us here have ordered the matt grey. I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I have been reading that matt paint finishes require considerable repair work if damaged. Living in London it is a given that it will be damaged, and this is causing me to wonder if it is the best choice. Would welcome any thoughts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
on the subject of Matt paint... I'm no expert but I would imaging it's not easy to blend it in which will mean whole panels need to be repainted. I really like the look but my wife hated it so that was that! :) I guess the other option is have it wrapped. which protects and can be changed if you don't like it... that said I've never lived with a wrapped car ... probably the same issues if damaged. It might be easier to move ! :)

yes pleased for the Mach-e guys who have been so patient. I'm sure it will all be long forgotten once delivered.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for pm and vids. Always good to hear info from the EUR side we here can only sit and wait but in interim your inputs have value. Good luck! Full disclosure ...GO Gunners!
Thanks for pm and vids. Always good to hear info from the EUR side we here can only sit and wait but in interim your inputs have value. Good luck! Full disclosure ...GO Gunners!
on the subject of Matt paint... I'm no expert but I would imaging it's not easy to blend it in which will mean whole panels need to be repainted. I really like the look but my wife hated it so that was that! :) I guess the other option is have it wrapped. which protects and can be changed if you don't like it... that said I've never lived with a wrapped car ... probably the same issues if damaged. It might be easier to move ! :)

yes pleased for the Mach-e guys who have been so patient. I'm sure it will all be long forgotten once delivered.
The local CeramicPro people in Bognor Regis,
Far 2 Kleen - F2K Performance , offer a lifetime coating which apparently needs a once a year top up. My plan was to have both the annual service on the EV6 and the coating top-up at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being a bit naive I pre-registered in the hope that I could transfer the slot to a fleet management agency. Dealer and agency seemed to think this could work but I didn't hear anything by the deadline. Also can't place an order via the agency's site yet as no model details are there - any idea when Kia will share them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Being a bit naive I pre-registered in the hope that I could transfer the slot to a fleet management agency. Dealer and agency seemed to think this could work but I didn't hear anything by the deadline. Also can't place an order via the agency's site yet as no model details are there - any idea when Kia will share them?
Sadly not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly not.
@Robert how is the wait going? Sounds like getting amp'd up on promised April orders, October delivery dates estimates with better communications out of KiaUK. How did the over-subscription work out and did they advert options available for the 1st ed pre orders? I did not pay attention to p1 and premature posted RFI re matte finish if it was high maintenance. As you may have read US 1st edition orders are offered 3 color choices. We will also be at $100 deposit for initial pre-order, so would be interesting to see if the same (refundable/re deposit) process applies here to get formal introduction/handoff with a local dealer. We are seeing estimate 6-7 month delivery for 1500 copies. CM!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
@Robert how is the wait going? Sounds like getting amp'd up on promised April orders, October delivery dates estimates with better communications out of KiaUK. How did the over-subscription work out and did they advert options available for the 1st ed pre orders? I did not pay attention to p1 and premature posted RFI re matte finish if it was high maintenance. As you may have read US 1st edition orders are offered 3 color choices. We will also be at $100 deposit for initial pre-order, so would be interesting to see if the same (refundable/re deposit) process applies here to get formal introduction/handoff with a local dealer. We are seeing estimate 6-7 month delivery for 1500 copies. CM!
Sadly I have no idea. The latest I have heard from my dealer is that they are scheduled to receive a demonstrator in July, and that delivery is still set for October. Kia UK should certainly improve its communications and let those who have placed orders know their expected delivery dates.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly I have no idea. The latest I have heard from my dealer is that they are scheduled to receive a demonstrator in July, and that delivery is still set for October. Kia UK should certainly improve it communications and let those who have placed orders know their expected delivery dates.
Agreed.. thanks yeah some have hinted may be out of place or unfair to question business acumen of such a successful brand. Consensus for that opine is difficult when compared to increased (here at least) marketing of their fleet ICE/Hybrid models, yet near crickets on the BEV. Yes, communications is a key element to help manage expectations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just received my invitation to view. 14th July at Kia GWR (Brentford). Two other nearby dealerships had earlier dates, one the 9th and one the 13th, but thought it best to stick with the dealer I have ordered through. Only allows for one guest, so now have the hard choice between my wife or my son!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have just received my invitation to view. 14th July at Kia GWR (Brentford). Two other nearby dealerships had earlier dates, one the 9th and one the 13th, but thought it best to stick with the dealer I have ordered through. Only allows for one guest, so now have the hard choice between my wife or my son!!
That's great information thank for sharing. I get the impression my dealer is not mainstream and not as fully focussed. Wife or son? Hmmm... I'd be saying, "sorry Son, I'll live stream it to you"... unless your wife is not really that bothered. I'm hearing good things about July building for delivery this year so figured crossed!! I'd really like to see some driving reviews although the Ionic 5 drive reviews are good. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, the new way of buying cars is very different. Hopefully the Korean boys who give great reviews, will get to drive one soon. I loved the Ioniq 5 but my son hated it and my wife always sides with him :cautious:. The invite interestingly came directly from Kia and they said it was being sent to me as one of the first to have ordered. Given my dealer took 3 days after orders opened to get to me on his list, I suspect invites have gone out to lots within the London area where the car appears to be visiting at this time. So you should receive your invite directly from Kia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, the new way of buying cars is very different. Hopefully the Korean boys who give great reviews, will get to drive one soon. I loved the Ioniq 5 but my son hated it and my wife always sides with him :cautious:. The invite interestingly came directly from Kia and they said it was being sent to me as one of the first to have ordered. Given my dealer took 3 days after orders opened to get to me on his list, I suspect invites have gone out to lots within the London area where the car appears to be visiting at this time. So you should receive your invite directly from Kia.
Oh that's interesting.... their focus will be London. Probably October before they get to the West Country!! Good to know it will be over here!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good news, but this seems limited to the London area, and I got the impression from what you said that you could look but not take it on a test drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone, I thought I would start up a thread specifically for UK-based subscribers.

I have recently ordered a Kia EV6 GT-Line S 4WD in Matt grey with Heat Pump. I had originally signified my interest by paying a £100 refundable deposit (returned last week direct from Kia). On the 4th May my dealership, Newbarn in Bognor Regis (great people to work with) took a £500 deposit and ordered my car.

As of today I have no delivery date (October 2021 has been mentioned). However the orders were well over-subscribed here in the UK so I am unsure how that will affect delivery, hopefully I will be near the front of the queue if it is based on ordering time.

I have yet to see any photographs of a grey EV6 GT-Line S (unless someone knows differently) and so have to rely on the scant written data available.

On delivery I will be asking the dealer to take the car to the local CeramicPro installer for them to clean and cover the car, glass, wheels and interior with their magic goo. Hopefully that will protect the car from Seagulls and sea spray!

Interested to hear from others who have ordered and how their experience has been to date, and what news they have been able to pick up.
I just went to Kia as they asked me to come in about the matt grey colour.
My delivery date is the end of November 2021.
The issue with the matt grey, which is similar to that on a Merc and BMW, very dull and unpolished, is that it can only be washed in cold water with specific soap, no waxing/ polishing and cannot go into a carwash. To finish off the wash, use only of a microfibre cloth.
This was not pointed out when you ordered.
You cannot even use a bug spray on the car, if when in the summer you go on a long motorway drive.
A great deal of fuss each time you want to clean it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have ben advised to use CeramicPro who claim to have a product specifically for matte paints i.e. one that keeps the paintwork looking matte. I was also advised to have the car go straight to them without any dealer preparation.
Do share if you find any photographs of the GT-Line S and how it differs from what we have seen so far externally and internally. Do you have hard evidence of an October delivery? All I have heard are rumours?
The issue with the matt grey, which is similar to that on a Merc and BMW, very dull and unpolished, is that it can only be washed in cold water with specific soap, no waxing/ polishing and cannot go into a carwash. To finish off the wash, use only of a microfibre cloth.
This was not pointed out when you ordered.
You cannot even use a bug spray on the car, if when in the summer you go on a long motorway drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is a shame, hopefully they will roll it out nationwide fairly quickly after that. You are correct though, these are showroom models only. Demonstrators arrive in September I believe. Still, it will at least be good to see the car in the flesh. Some of the reasons for cancelling my Mach-e order were the poor seat adjustment, the big central screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Good news, but this seems limited to the London area, and I got the impression from what you said that you could look but not take it on a test drive.
I too have now received an invitation to view the new EV6 in Portsmouth on the 19th July. Not with my dealer but at least we get to see the car in the flesh.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts