Kia EV6 Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4464 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I would like to know more about Ghost immobiliser in EV6.
Can you provide the details about who fitted and how much it cost?
Many thanks..
Hi
I had mine fitted by Colin at Tracking Doctor | Stolen vehicle tracking Experts He's based in Brierley Hill, West Midlands. It cost £499.
Initially he had problems getting the various key strokes to work. However, he arranged for a technician from the manufacturer to come. He was able to sort it out and it now works perfectly. It's great to have the peace of mind that the immobiliser gives.
Would definitely recommend Colin. He stuck with it and didn't take a penny until it was fully up and running. I didn't watch when he did it but you would never know that he'd stripped down any parts on the car. I'm sure he will have learnt from the experience so the next one should be a lot easier

·
Registered
GTLS RWD no HP ordered Feb 22
122 Posts
Hello
Car keys solutions in the UK fit the Ghost immobiliser system
It has a 5 year warranty.
Cost is around £450.
It’s a good system and is hidden within the cars wiring system so potential bad people cannot detect it.
I am going to get one fitted once my beastie turns up.
Wasn't aware of a ghost immobiliser until your post. Very interesting just checked it out !

Shame Kia couldn't do this in Their own system. Half did it with the valet mode.
This is a useful second option.

·
Registered
Ordered May 22 - Yacht Blue GT Line RWD no Heat Pump - Due Q1 23
35 Posts
So with the announcement that VED will be charged on EVs from 2025 (was expecting this at some point but not to be backdated to cars registered from 2017!), does anyone have clarification on whether the luxury car surcharge will also impact us?

Let’s say someone takes their delivery in April 2023, come April 2025 they’ll need to pay VED + Luxury car supplement for (at least) 3 years? Or will the luxury car supplement only impact EVs registered after 2025?

·
Registered
waiting for Kia EV6 GTLS RWD - currently on a Renault Zoe
23 Posts
So with the announcement that VED will be charged on EVs from 2025 (was expecting this at some point but not to be backdated to cars registered from 2017!), does anyone have clarification on whether the luxury car surcharge will also impact us?

Let’s say someone takes their delivery in April 2023, come April 2025 they’ll need to pay VED + Luxury car supplement for (at least) 3 years? Or will the luxury car supplement only impact EVs registered after 2025?
It seems the latter Autumn Statement 2022: electric cars have to pay road tax.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had my monthly chat with my dealer. I've been advised that the "by the end of this year" date has been pushed back to "end of the first quarter 2023".

No surprises there ...

I ordered a GT Line S without a heat pump in Yacht Blue via a lease deal on March 8th.

Maybe the car will turn up on the first year anniversary of having our - as yet unused - car charger installed !
I am on Team Black rather than Team Blue but only ordered a couple of weeks after you and have been told to expect March '23 delivery. sigh I keep hoping for a Christmas miracle and that it will be on the production by then but I think its wishful thinking :(

·
Registered
Ordered May 22 - Yacht Blue GT Line RWD no Heat Pump - Due Q1 23
35 Posts
“The £355 annual ‘Expensive Car Supplement’, which applies to cars that cost £40,000 or more from new, will also be applied to EVs from April 2025 – although this only applies to EVs sold from that date – it is not a retrospective charge like the standard VED fee.”

Well that part is good news at least…

·
Registered
14 Posts
“The £355 annual ‘Expensive Car Supplement’, which applies to cars that cost £40,000 or more from new, will also be applied to EVs from April 2025 – although this only applies to EVs sold from that date – it is not a retrospective charge like the standard VED fee.”

Well that part is good news at least…
So long as the delays in delivery don’t take us past April 2025!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wasn't aware of a ghost immobiliser until your post. Very interesting just checked it out !

Shame Kia couldn't do this in Their own system. Half did it with the valet mode.
This is a useful second option.
Not cheap, but if you spend 50k on a car, then it needs protecting.
Could become a nickable commodity

luxury car supplement (£355) is payable from 2025 and continues for 5 years!
Plus the standard rate VEd of £165
So £510 per annum

looks like the VED will be back dated too, to 2017.
Ouch if this goes ahead.
Plus the VED may also increase

all this plus rising energy costs make the EV6 a bit less attractive.
I my consider just selling mine and buy a nice Jaguar XJ for around 30K and pocket around 25k.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am on Team Black rather than Team Blue but only ordered a couple of weeks after you and have been told to expect March '23 delivery. sigh I keep hoping for a Christmas miracle and that it will be on the production by then but I think its wishful thinking :(
It takes between 10 and 14 weeks from issue of VIN to delivery to your dealer in UK. With there being just over 5 weeks until Christmas your Christmas Miracle would be just that. In fact, if your dealer does not notify you that your car is in production by mid-January 2023 you will be looking past March 2023 for delivery. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the reality, whatever "Team" you support. o_O:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
It takes between 10 and 14 weeks from issue of VIN to delivery to your dealer in UK. With there being just over 5 weeks until Christmas your Christmas Miracle would be just that. In fact, if your dealer does not notify you that your car is in production by mid-January 2023 you will be looking past March 2023 for delivery. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the reality, whatever "Team" you support. o_O:(
And so the misinformation continues as there is never a single, consistent answer! My dealer told me 6-8 weeks from production to delivery to the dealership - your 10-14 weeks is probably more accurate. I certainly wasn't expecting a Christmas miracle of delivery by Christmas any more. Had just at one point hoped it would be going into production by Christmas but that hope has certainly dwindled.

·
Registered
158 Posts
And so the misinformation continues as there is never a single, consistent answer! My dealer told me 6-8 weeks from production to delivery to the dealership - your 10-14 weeks is probably more accurate. I certainly wasn't expecting a Christmas miracle of delivery by Christmas any more. Had just at one point hoped it would be going into production by Christmas but that hope has certainly dwindled.
Thank hod the luxury tax is only for new cars purchased from April 2025 over £40k

don’t mind paying the tax
But if a cheek back dating it though

·
Registered
32 Posts
May depend on your location. My EV6 has an August 2022 build date and I purchased it off the dealer lot mid-September. Admittedly I am in the north western USA, but I did not know the ships could sail that quickly!

·
Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,350 Posts
Road tax is being covered in a separate thread, just a heads up.

2 Posts
I read a lot about GTLS deliveries on here, but don’t see many GTL owners telling us of their wait times. Would any owners care to share how long they waited? I have had a GT line, RWD, no heat pump on order since April hence the interest. I’ve seen a lot of people say they arrive quicker than the higher specced GTLS 🤷‍♂️.
Just grasping for some hope really 😂.

·
Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,350 Posts
I read a lot about GTLS deliveries on here, but don’t see many GTL owners telling us of their wait times. Would any owners care to share how long they waited? I have had a GT line, RWD, no heat pump on order since April hence the interest. I’ve seen a lot of people say they arrive quicker than the higher specced GTLS 🤷‍♂️.
Just grasping for some hope really 😂.
At the beginning of launch GTLS were 10 to 12 months, today people are now reporting some are the same lead times some slightly higher and upto 18 months, it appears heat pump as well as colour makes a difference.

The longest wait time would be GTLS AWD Matte Grey Heat Pump.

Hopefully like others who are waiting your car will arrive soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can any point me in the right direction on what its called? Using the Key then auto drive forward/Reverse from a parking space?

I have noticed that one key works and the other doesnt. Want to see if there is settings to change.

4301 - 4320 of 4464 Posts