Kia EV6 Forum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4464 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everyday I wake up and stare at the money drinking ice vehicle sitting in my driveway and I cringe at thinking about driving to the petrol station to fill up.
Supposedly, my GT Line-S is still due in March but I don’t know whether to believe this yet

·
Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,350 Posts
Everyday I wake up and stare at the money drinking ice vehicle sitting in my driveway and I cringe at thinking about driving to the petrol station to fill up.
Supposedly, my GT Line-S is still due in March but I don’t know whether to believe this yet
Going by your order date of May 22 I would say March onwards would be about right. (y)

·
Registered
waiting for Kia EV6 GTLS RWD - currently on a Renault Zoe
23 Posts
Is yours with or without HP? If it's without, we have exactly the same car on order and I ordered 2 months after you (July). Will keep on eye on your updates...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wouldn't bank on it - but it really does seem like a lottery.

I've got a basic RWD Air with no options on order since March 22. These are supposedly the trim with the shortest wait times.

Still no build date. So looking at Feb/Mar at the earliest now. That's 11/12 months.

It's frustrating when people with higher-spec (more tech) and added options (eg HP's) are coming through within 12 months.

Either the theory about lower-trim cars coming through quicker is rubbish, or I'm being very unlucky.

It's galling because I'm on a fixed rate leccy tariff until October 23 (tied in Oct 21) and I should be being able to take advantage of cheap electricity but, because Kia are utter sh*te, I can't. And the clock is ticking down.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I've got a basic RWD Air with no options on order since March 22. These are supposedly the trim with the shortest wait times.

Still no build date. So looking at Feb/Mar at the earliest now. That's 11/12 months.

It's frustrating when people with higher-spec (more tech) and added options (eg HP's) are coming through within 12 months.

Either the theory about lower-trim cars coming through quicker is rubbish, or I'm being very unlucky.

It's galling because I'm on a fixed rate leccy tariff until October 23 (tied in Oct 21) and I should be being able to take advantage of cheap electricity but, because Kia are utter sh*te, I can't. And the clock is ticking down.
"It's frustrating when people with higher-spec (more tech) and added options (eg HP's) are coming through within 12 months." Not necessarily so sadly. Wednesday this week is 11 months to the day since I placed my order - complete radio silence from the dealer, so even if I am called by them tomorrow, it will be Feb before it arrives.

• Sad
Reactions: stephant2021

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is yours with or without HP? If it's without, we have exactly the same car on order and I ordered 2 months after you (July). Will keep on eye on your updates...
Mine is without HP. At the time I couldn’t see enough of a benefit for our UK winters and the amount of driving we will do to warrant the extra cost. May regret that decision. Time will tell

Reactions: manub

·
Registered
158 Posts

Yep
Feel the pain as I ordered in March 22
I don’t think it’s Kia’s fault in particular

I think the dealers have given out duff information on lead times as stated by many on this forum

it looks like 12 months wait for us

it will be worth it I am sure

hope you get some good news soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is ultra annoying. I would love to know the logic to the build times and distributions. Whether they’re done in batches etc

Sounds like I’m on the same tariff as I’m watching it tick away too. I’m hoping that there’s some element of normalcy coming at some point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don’t think it’s Kia’s fault in particular
Have to disagree. It all starts with the lack of anything like realistic information from Kia. :poop:
A build order which approximates the order that orders were received would be good but no-one has any confidence that that is the case - especially with, for example, later Red orders being met before any Blue orders. :mad:

·
Administrator
3,350 Posts
Have to disagree. It all starts with the lack of anything like realistic information from Kia. :poop:
A build order which approximates the order that orders were received would be good but no-one has any confidence that that is the case - especially with, for example, later Red orders being met before any Blue orders. :mad:
Think everyone is scared to tell the truth, if you just were told the truth from the dealers and Kia you would have more respect.

Both are too scared to loose your order to another manufactures so either tell you a date that's never going to be met or just do not say anything at all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The problem is that nobody knows how orders are fed into the system?
It’s all about opinions by people on this forum
We are all entitled to an opinion.

red is the most popular colour ordered in the Uk
Then white
So you would expect more red cars to come through than blue ones?
But who knows!!
Are we all confident that the dealers actually processed the orders when we placed them!

why are most of the cars produced being sold into the Korean market?

so much can be attributed to the delays
We have no choice but to wait
Or
Cancel

it’s not right
But other manufacturers are in the same situation

i know
Who cares about the rest
We our fkin cars!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speaking from my own POV, I don’t think dealers know anything other than an estimate given by Kia. Our dealer promised nothing, in fact, only showing us a screen on his ordering system that told us a car was expected in Q3 next year in any trim.

I’m not sure that dealers are happy that the queues are long either. They’ve got to wait months to be paid as well.

But the truth is that Kia clearly don’t have a handle on how to allocate cars according to demand. It’s complicate by spec, colours, even whether left or right hand drive, and then which countries to sell them in.

Australia are waiting two years for a car. India are celebrating that orders delivered have doubled to just 200 (sic) since launch!

And it won’t help Kia that it’s plastering ads for the EV6 GT all over the World Cup stadiums.

What Hyundai/Kia need to do is scale up manufacturing capacity rapidly. Unfortunately it takes years for the capacity to be built, so all they can do for now is make cars with the limited capacity they have…

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speaking from my own POV, I don’t think dealers know anything other than an estimate given by Kia. Our dealer promised nothing, in fact, only showing us a screen on his ordering system that told us a car was expected in Q3 next year in any trim.

I’m not sure that dealers are happy that the queues are long either. They’ve got to wait months to be paid as well.

But the truth is that Kia clearly don’t have a handle on how to allocate cars according to demand. It’s complicate by spec, colours, even whether left or right hand drive, and then which countries to sell them in.

Australia are waiting two years for a car. India are celebrating that orders delivered have doubled to just 200 (sic) since launch!

And it won’t help Kia that it’s plastering ads for the EV6 GT all over the World Cup stadiums.

What Hyundai/Kia need to do is scale up manufacturing capacity rapidly. Unfortunately it takes years for the capacity to be built, so all they can do for now is make cars with the limited capacity they have…
Well it’s simple really
Stick or twist!!

wait or cancel

it’s tough waiting 12 months for a car

I hope we are all happy after Christmas
Good luck to everyone waiting.

In my town in East Sussex I have only seen 2 EV6’
Both were Matt Grey

·
Administrator
3,350 Posts
It is a lottery, When I placed my order at launch I then watched as USA cars where built but they could not place there orders till after mine as the order window was after yet they got there cars before, it could be due to them being left hand drive and ours right, more left hand drive parts then right hand drive.

It is a mess and as such the dealers are frustrated at Kia and you at the dealers.

Only crumb of comfort is its not just Kia having issues so if you jumped to another brand, unless they have it on the forecourt on in build the issues may be the same.

I feel for everyone who is waiting, I was well annoyed when my car kept being delayed and delayed especially as ordering before launch.

I am not the most patient person and found the lack of information made me feel worse.

Kia has been the only manufacture I have ordered with who have not offered a delivery date, maybe this is due to the current supply issues or maybe this is Kia's model.

Either way would I order again from Kia knowing this information, possibly not, persoanlly I like to be kept informed in progress and the lack of information from Kia certainly does not help if like me you want to be kept informed.

Saying that, now my EV6 has had all the issues resolved and touch wood appears to be working without issue I am happy with the car, was excited when I first placed the order but the delivery issues watered this done.

Would I buy an EV6 again, sure the car is great so for all those awaiting delivery, when it does arrive your be glad you waited.

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It is a lottery, When I placed my order at launch I then watched as USA cars where built but they could not place there orders till after mine as the order window was after yet they got there cars before, it could be due to them being left hand drive and ours right, more left hand drive parts then right hand drive.

It is a mess and as such the dealers are frustrated at Kia and you at the dealers.

Only crumb of comfort is its not just Kia having issues so if you jumped to another brand, unless they have it on the forecourt on in build the issues may be the same.

I feel for everyone who is waiting, I was well annoyed when my car kept being delayed and delayed especially as ordering before launch.

I am not the most patient person and found the lack of information made me feel worse.

Kia has been the only manufacture I have ordered with who have not offered a delivery date, maybe this is due to the current supply issues or maybe this is Kia's model.

Either way would I order again from Kia knowing this information, possibly not, persoanlly I like to be kept informed in progress and the lack of information from Kia certainly does not help if like me you want to be kept informed.

Saying that, now my EV6 has had all the issues resolved and touch wood appears to be working without issue I am happy with the car, was excited when I first placed the order but the delivery issues watered this done.

Would I buy an EV6 again, sure the car is great so for all those awaiting delivery, when it does arrive your be glad you waited.

Good luck to you all.
Good call👍

·
Registered
43 Posts

Good luck to you all.
Personally I am not frustrated with my dealer (having forgiven them for their initial lack of contact and inaccurate information) but I am frustrated with Kia 💩 and for me the brand is tarnished - and everyone I know knows that.

The problem now is that, no matter how good the car is, once it arrives any small niggle will be amplified to me because of the somewhat extended wait and my frustration at the lack of information from Kia :poop:. Reading other threads about some of the issues that owners have does make me wonder about the current quality control in Kia :poop: in Korea as, to me, many of the faults should have been detected before the car left the factory. In my work I have seen how shortcuts in testing and quality control lead to problems in systems in use. Release of App and Infotainment system updates which do not work properly are a prime example of inadequate controls in design and verification.

If I'd been told in the first half of this year that I would not be seeing my car until late in the first quarter of next year then I would have reconsidered my options but I do not see the point of now jumping ship to another manufacturer because I will just end up at the end of another long queue.

The only saving grace to me is the price being held at the pre-June increase.

4321 - 4340 of 4464 Posts