Kia EV6 Forum banner
4341 - 4360 of 4464 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think you have summed this up very well, @stephant2021. I believe some of the other brands have learned a lesson too. My wife is currently looking to replace her petrol Jaguar F-Pace. She has been very taken with the MG4 and guess what. The dealer (same dealer as Kia) says they have built up a huge stock of these cars before advertising them for sale and if ordered now, she should have it by February. This means she could well get her car before mine arrives!!! :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally I am not frustrated with my dealer (having forgiven them for their initial lack of contact and inaccurate information) but I am frustrated with Kia 💩 and for me the brand is tarnished - and everyone I know knows that.

The problem now is that, no matter how good the car is, once it arrives any small niggle will be amplified to me because of the somewhat extended wait and my frustration at the lack of information from Kia :poop:. Reading other threads about some of the issues that owners have does make me wonder about the current quality control in Kia :poop: in Korea as, to me, many of the faults should have been detected before the car left the factory. In my work I have seen how shortcuts in testing and quality control lead to problems in systems in use. Release of App and Infotainment system updates which do not work properly are a prime example of inadequate controls in design and verification.
Exactly this, let's say there's a slight rattle or you have the dreaded amp failure or some future issue and it then takes weeks / months to fix, it just makes the whole thing feel worse!

I think you have summed this up very well, @stephant2021. I believe some of the other brands have learned a lesson too. My wife is currently looking to replace her petrol Jaguar F-Pace. She has been very taken with the MG4 and guess what. The dealer (same dealer as Kia) says they have built up a huge stock of these cars before advertising them for sale and if ordered now, she should have it by February. This means she could well get her car before mine arrives!!! :mad:
I've heard this about the MG4, they seem to have figured out there will be demand and taken steps to deal with that, other manufacturers could learn from this.

Nissan are currently having similar issues to Kia with the Ariya, particularly for the AWD models the delivery dates keep slipping despite Nissan being aware of the high demand well in advance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good news
February I guess because the cars are built in China/Thailand or I did and stored there ready for shipping?
MG owned by SAIC now
Be nice if Kia had some sort of stock
Lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good news
February I guess because the cars are built in China/Thailand or I did and stored there ready for shipping?
MG owned by SAIC now
Be nice if Kia had some sort of stock
Lol
MG are currently supplying the MG4 to the UK in the same way as Kia supply the EV6 to the US. Dealers know they have cars coming but not what will arrive until they arrive. When you order they ask for a few colours so they can match you if your second/third choice arrives. I believe they will move to build to order in the new year. As with the EV6 there are new model teething troubles. I keep an eye on this forum still as I'd like to see those who have been waiting for ages get their orders 🙂

·
Registered
53 Posts
MG are currently supplying the MG4 to the UK in the same way as Kia supply the EV6 to the US. Dealers know they have cars coming but not what will arrive until they arrive. When you order they ask for a few colours so they can match you if your second/third choice arrives. I believe they will move to build to order in the new year. As with the EV6 there are new model teething troubles. I keep an eye on this forum still as I'd like to see those who have been waiting for ages get their orders 🙂
MG have definitely made their lives easier by limiting configurations, if you ignore colours there are only 3 models of MG4 compared to 10 different models of the EV6 in the UK.
We know that the EV6 models are even further varied by region thus complicating the manufacturing even more, not sure if this is the case with the MG4 or if the 3 models they offer here are the same everywhere.

Can't help but feel Kia should have just included the heat pump in the UK as that would have dropped them down to 6 models.

·
Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,350 Posts
Still can not get over the issues in previous owners of the MG brand and if yet another goes out of business leaving owners high a dry.

·
Administrator
3,350 Posts
The F-Pace was and still is full of issues, build issues, quality issues etc etc.

Then JLR thought it would be a great idea to use the same problem hardware and use it on new and up and coming models meaning the whole range is tainted with issues.

I feel for you with your F-Pace and I am sure your hoping your new car will be fault free.

Good luck with your choice whatever it is.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The F-Pace was and still is full of issues, build issues, quality issues etc etc.

Then JLR thought it would be a great idea to use the same problem hardware and use it on new and up and coming models meaning the whole range is tainted with issues.

I feel for you with your F-Pace and I am sure your hoping your new car will be fault free.

Well @JK-KIAEV6 , I have to call you out here as this was the 3rd of 4 JLR vehicles that we have owned and has been far and away the most reliable, in fact it has operated impeccably for the 4+ years we have owned it. The valuations for it are stronger than anticipated, so please don't "feel for me" feel pleased that we have owned an excellent JLR product that has come to the end of its usefulness for us. It will probably go on to be an excellent family vehicle for the next owner. Certainly the petrol versions were far better than diesel.

We all hope that our new vehicles are fault free. I have to say that the Kia EV6 hasn't been without issues and some of those continue, too!!

Reactions: Ianw68

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well @JK-KIAEV6 , I have to call you out here as this was the 3rd of 4 JLR vehicles that we have owned and has been far and away the most reliable, in fact it has operated impeccably for the 4+ years we have owned it. The valuations for it are stronger than anticipated, so please don't "feel for me" feel pleased that we have owned an excellent JLR product that has come to the end of its usefulness for us. It will probably go on to be an excellent family vehicle for the next owner. Certainly the petrol versions were far better than diesel.

We all hope that our new vehicles are fault free. I have to say that the Kia EV6 hasn't been without issues and some of those continue, too!!
Hello
I just want to add some support here
I have had 5 JLR products
2 x XF 3.0
1x XJL
1 x Discovery Sport
1 x Discovery 5 ( traded in for EV )
Still waiting

all my cars were excellent
Just A Spec up each time and newer model

I would have another as well with no hesitation

hope you enjoy your EV6

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
147 Posts

Well interestingly, I have a JLR vehicle and I've had umpteen issues with mine, right from purchasing as new with malfunctioning items, software glitches, parts failing etc. In the first 3 years it was in the garage on 17 occasions. I'm still having issues with JLR and their customer care! A replacement light bulb for a headlight was quoted at £700+ as they tried to say it was the headlight rather than a bulb replacement - eventually it was KIA who replaced it for me - at zero cost whilst my wife's KIA was being serviced. I've had numerous oil leaks over the last 4 years with every single oil seal known replaced, not once but twice and I still have an oil leak awaiting PTU seals for the third time! On top of this we had a Jaguar I-Pace on order to receive a demand from JLR after 4 weeks from placing the order that the price of the car had gone up by £3K - so I cancelled much to their dismay and it took 3 months to get the refunded deposit back!
I'm looking forward to my EV6 arriving!
Happy and safe driving

·
Registered
158 Posts
Car owner's anecdotes are one thing but multiple reliability/owner/dealer surveys etc in the UK and elsewhere place JLR products low/bottom and this has been the case for many years.
Not the JLR cars that I have had!
Maybe I was lucky

however I have also had many Ford cars and had nothing but trouble
Some EV6 owners seem to have plenty of issues, yet some seem to have very little issues.

mad for reliability my Jags were perfect.

·
Administrator
3,350 Posts

Had two F-Paces and both rejected so nothing personal taken., would never touch a JLR car again, had them before and were fault free.

Like our EV6 cars some do not have issues other do.

Glad yours was faultless and lets hope your EV6 will be the same. (y)

·
Administrator
3,350 Posts
Well interestingly, I have a JLR vehicle and I've had umpteen issues with mine, right from purchasing as new with malfunctioning items, software glitches, parts failing etc. In the first 3 years it was in the garage on 17 occasions. I'm still having issues with JLR and their customer care! A replacement light bulb for a headlight was quoted at £700+ as they tried to say it was the headlight rather than a bulb replacement - eventually it was KIA who replaced it for me - at zero cost whilst my wife's KIA was being serviced. I've had numerous oil leaks over the last 4 years with every single oil seal known replaced, not once but twice and I still have an oil leak awaiting PTU seals for the third time! On top of this we had a Jaguar I-Pace on order to receive a demand from JLR after 4 weeks from placing the order that the price of the car had gone up by £3K - so I cancelled much to their dismay and it took 3 months to get the refunded deposit back!
I'm looking forward to my EV6 arriving!
Happy and safe driving
Sorry to read your issues, I just rejected both as they were so bad, sorry you had so many issues.

I would never set foot in a JLR car again, dealers bad, JLR customer service is bad.

If people think Kia are bad you should see how bad my JLR dealer was, total waste of time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just as I thought, 11 months + 1 day since I placed my order for an EV6 and the dealer said just now: "we have no update for you, sorry" & that was the end of the conversation.🤬🤬!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just as I thought, 11 months + 1 day since I placed my order for an EV6 and the dealer said just now: "we have no update for you, sorry" & that was the end of the conversation.🤬🤬!!
Yeah, can't say I'm even remotely surprised about that...

Has any one got any good new saying that their car is on its way it’s been a long wait for everyone
Several people on Facebook are reporting good news including deliveries that seem to be arriving out of order...
But no, just angry people on here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine due to arrive UK by Monday. Was built around 08/10/22 according to Kia.

GTLS HP RWD white, ordered Dec 5th

I've had the dreaded update today.

Mine has been delayed again, new update advising May delivery which would be 12months to the date I ordered 17.5.21

Black RWD GT-S No HP

For the last few months I've been told Q1 2023, when I ordered I was told Q4 2022 / Q12023

4341 - 4360 of 4464 Posts