Kia EV6 Forum banner
481 - 500 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I remember tracking the ship my Tesla was on :ROFLMAO:
Had an interactive map up to see where the ship was each day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
An update from my dealer today. My GT-Line S AWD should be with me around the 19th November as long as the ship does not sink (his words!). Test drives should be from the 18th October. Overall it looks like Kia are actually coming good on dates with only minimal slippage!

·
Registered
32 Posts
An update from my dealer today. My GT-Line S AWD should be with me around the 19th November as long as the ship does not sink (his words!). Test drives should be from the 18th October. Overall it looks like Kia are actually coming good on dates with only minimal slippage!
The only ship coming into Immingham that I can see is Thruxton, which my car is on, due in 20th October.
my dealer is looking at getting my car to me on 1st November. So your dealer may not be in a hurry to get your car to you!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
The only ship coming into Immingham that I can see is Thruxton, which my car is on, due in 20th October.
my dealer is looking at getting my car to me on 1st November. So your dealer may not be in a hurry to get your car to you!
There is a second ship the Morning Pride which docks in Tilbury on the 7th November, and Southampton on the 17h November carrying Kias.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a second ship the Morning Pride which docks in Tilbury on the 7th November, and Southampton on the 17h November carrying Kias.
Robert I did see that, but not sure they will be dropping KIAs there as they’d then need to ship them by road to the new depot near Immingham

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Robert I did see that, but not sure they will be dropping KIAs there as they’d then need to ship them by road to the new depot near Immingham
I hope you are right Gordon as my order is also showing as shipped with the dealer expecting a mid-November delivery which would be unlikely if the car was on the Morning Pride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope you are right Gordon as my order is also showing as shipped with the dealer expecting a mid-November delivery which would be unlikely if the car was on the Morning Pride.
How did find that your EV6 is shipped? In my order form the quoted estimated delivery date 28 Oct 21. But my dealer cannot say anything or give an update. I ordered GT-Line S Black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi gp quite easy, I emailed my dealer 1st October, as he had spoken about a test drive in September. He replied saying they were due to get their demonstrator W/c 18th.
I have only the original sales order dating back to 10th May, showing a delivery date of October. I have since had an email saying delivery of the AWD cars was delayed and the car should active in December. I have seen nothing on any KIA sites re my car.
Having read various post on various forums, I was expecting the delivery to be delayed until the new year.
On Thursday I received a call from the dealer saying my car would be available to me on 1st November, advising me it was due to dock on 20th.
I know Eukor are the shipping agent and know from the Eukor website that Thruxton left Pyeongtaek on 11th September and is due into Immingham on 20th October. So I know from the dates given that my White Pearl GT Line S AWD is on Thruxton and currently that ship is in the Med just south of Crete.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi gp, depending on the model of car and when you placed your order. Going on my information, I would have thought the dealer should have sufficient info to be able to update you.
I would contact them and ask for an update. Please feel free to use the info about my car to assist you. Fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
187 Posts
After all I said I have just had a call to say my car is in the UK! I wasn't expecting that but then again nor was my dealer. It will be available to collect within two weeks!! Mine is a Black GT Line S AWD.

Kia clearly have planned a big fanfair of early reservation holders. The dealer demo is coming next week and must have been on the same ship.

Great news although I don't have the charger, not arranged the finance etc etc but they are nice problems to have.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I find this situation really confusing. Like many of you I reserved an EV6 within the first hour of reservations opening, then placed my order as soon as my dealer contacted me, the 2nd day after orders opened up. Yet I am being told that my car will not be here until November 19th. Gordon has been told his will be November 1st, and now Jon has been told that his is in the country. Whilst I am happy to wait until the 19th, and am equally happy that others look like getting theirs sooner, the situation is quite mystifying. BUT the great news is that alongside test drives in the next 10 days, we will have some real-world feedback from those fortunate enough to receive their cars early.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After all I said I have just had a call to say my car is in the UK! I wasn't expecting that but then again nor was my dealer. It will be available to collect within two weeks!! Mine is a Black GT Line S AWD.

Kia clearly have planned a big fanfair of early reservation holders. The dealer demo is coming next week and must have been on the same ship.

Great news although I don't have the charger, not arranged the finance etc etc but they are nice problems to have.
I wonder which ship that car arrived on? Morning Lily 23 Sept, Thruxton due 20 Oct.
I believe from the various forums I have read, that some dealers may be being economical with the truth.
I was expecting my car not to arrive until January, then I got the call on Thursday

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi gp, depending on the model of car and when you placed your order. Going on my information, I would have thought the dealer should have sufficient info to be able to update you.
I would contact them and ask for an update. Please feel free to use the info about my car to assist you. Fingers crossed for you!
Hi Gordon, My dealership completely useless. In fact they don't even know the exact procedure for ordering the EV6. Here is an example of their reply
"Pre Reservation customers with deposit paid to Kia UK online will be October 2021 appox and all other deposits taken not on the Pre Reservation system will be next year"
- I preserved on first day when launched. Kia send email to select the preferred dealer. Which I did. I am not sure contacting the West End Kia is going to be any help. I telephoned few times last few weeks. But they never returned the call.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Gordon, My dealership completely useless. In fact they don't even know the exact procedure for ordering the EV6. Here is an example of their reply
"Pre Reservation customers with deposit paid to Kia UK online will be October 2021 appox and all other deposits taken not on the Pre Reservation system will be next year"
- I preserved on first day when launched. Kia send email to select the preferred dealer. Which I did. I am not sure contacting the West End Kia is going to be any help. I telephoned few times last few weeks. But they never returned the call.
Why not try contacting KIA? They may help and may even allow a different dealer if your is rubbish.
Not good when you are spending so much money!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did consider changing to blue, it looked terrific in the videos, but it was all down to studio lighting
So did I, but the kids convinced me to go for the red. Now seeing the blue out and about on this video, I think the blue would have been amazing, especially with a Ceramic Coating. The promotional images showed the red being much deeper, but in the flesh looks a bit too bright for my taste, but hopefully I will get used to it.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
11 Posts
Very confusing that these videos show a stated GT Line.........with GT Line 'S' wheels !
That model is most of the spec we get for the GT Line S in the UK with all the tech pack toys (Blind spot monitor, 360 view, Sun roof etc).

It's difficult to compare because each countries importer specs their own choices, which is why we don't get the full range of colours, or the "Light" interior trim in the UK - and I don't think we get the reclining second row seats either. The heat pump is an option in the UK, but standard in Ireland - It's soooo confusing!

John.

481 - 500 of 583 Posts