Kia EV6 Forum banner
501 - 520 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
If anyone on here lives near Royston, Mantles have posted on Instagram that they have an EV6 in the showroom and are taking bookings for test drives.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I find this situation really confusing. Like many of you I reserved an EV6 within the first hour of reservations opening, then placed my order as soon as my dealer contacted me, the 2nd day after orders opened up. Yet I am being told that my car will not be here until November 19th. Gordon has been told his will be November 1st, and now Jon has been told that his is in the country. Whilst I am happy to wait until the 19th, and am equally happy that others look like getting theirs sooner, the situation is quite mystifying. BUT the great news is that alongside test drives in the next 10 days, we will have some real-world feedback from those fortunate enough to receive their cars early.
I find this situation really confusing. Like many of you I reserved an EV6 within the first hour of reservations opening, then placed my order as soon as my dealer contacted me, the 2nd day after orders opened up. Yet I am being told that my car will not be here until November 19th. Gordon has been told his will be November 1st, and now Jon has been told that his is in the country. Whilst I am happy to wait until the 19th, and am equally happy that others look like getting theirs sooner, the situation is quite mystifying. BUT the great news is that alongside test drives in the next 10 days, we will have some real-world feedback from those fortunate enough to receive their cars early.
I completely agree.I was assuming
Yes, I completely agree. Let's look at what we do know. We know that the "normal" Kia dealer procedures don't apply as my dealer shared his ordering system screen shots and last week my car didn't even say it was in production. He couldn't give me a date.

So perhaps Kia have kept the early cars off the main system. Ewe have seen another batch of cars being promised for November so they clearly have been making the early orders. There are some but perhaps less GT Line S and AWD cars being delivered. If the dealers aren't being advised which is perhaps the key issue.

Kia customer services should provide more information as somebody somewhere knows the schedule. Cars tuning up at short notice cause other issues like lack of home charger and finance. I probably won't be able to collect my car until November as I won't have everything ready and I must sort all the company stuff out.

I suggest people do contact Kia Customer Service. They might get the message. For the ex-Mach-e guys, at least we aren't seeing 6 months between when the cars were made and delivered.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wonder which ship that car arrived on? Morning Lily 23 Sept, Thruxton due 20 Oct.
I believe from the various forums I have read, that some dealers may be being economical with the truth.
I was expecting my car not to arrive until January, then I got the call on Thursday
No idea which ship but I guess it arrived on the 7th or 8th as it takes a little time to filter through to the dealers. I am guessing that a significant batch of cars were on the same ship at the Demonstrators.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Gordon, My dealership completely useless. In fact they don't even know the exact procedure for ordering the EV6. Here is an example of their reply
"Pre Reservation customers with deposit paid to Kia UK online will be October 2021 appox and all other deposits taken not on the Pre Reservation system will be next year"
- I preserved on first day when launched. Kia send email to select the preferred dealer. Which I did. I am not sure contacting the West End Kia is going to be any help. I telephoned few times last few weeks. But they never returned the call.
You should be able to get an order number from them... their screen looks like this;

Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Number

·
Registered
129 Posts
Agreed Jon. Kia have at least managed to meet delivery schedules, give or take a few weeks. My Mach-e was 12 weeks over the estimated date by the time I cancelled, with no confirmed date forthcoming.

More notice would be good, because many of us will have things to sort out. I already have a charger, but have a car on lease I need to return. I can easily envisage having to pay an extra month of lease costs due to the lack of certainty about actual dates. BUT these are minor gripes, and kudos to Kia if they get deliveries out this month and next, despite the global chip shortage.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
Agreed Jon. Kia have at least managed to meet delivery schedules, give or take a few weeks. My Mach-e was 12 weeks over the estimated date by the time I cancelled, with no confirmed date forthcoming.

More notice would be good, because many of us will have things to sort out. I already have a charger, but have a car on lease I need to return. I can easily envisage having to pay an extra month of lease costs due to the lack of certainty about actual dates. BUT these are minor gripes, and kudos to Kia if they get deliveries out this month and next, despite the global chip shortage.
Looks as if Kia might be filling the pre-reservation orders first.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks as if Kia might be filling the pre-reservation orders first.
I think you're right. As @yorkieboy said much better than Ford. I placed a preservation with the Mach-e and had to watch as others were able to queue jump with cancelled orders. Then they said I wouldn't lose my place in queue if I changed colour and I did, so then ended up buying a cancelled order... and then cancelled that! Makes me dizzy remembering the whole thing.

Kia's dealer comms could be better but that's probably true of every OEM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have received a phone call from my dealer. My EV6 GT-Line S (Black) will be arriving end of November and the demonstrator model in the first week of November. I think this is inline with other communications you all had with the dealerships. Keep finger crossed!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got my first insurance quote for the EV6 from Direct Line - £285 fully comp. for business and pleasure... pretty good I though but will still shop around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered Hypervolt EV charger. Decided based on cost and reviews and its UK made. Estimated installation date is 9th Nov.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered Hypervolt EV charger. Decided based on cost and reviews and its UK made. Estimated installation date is 9th Nov.
ha! Me too... you and I are thinking alike. I was going for Zappi but I really like the development approach of hypervolt. I just hope they have their Solar functions working 100% by the summer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll be buying my EV6 through my company as a company car on a lease. I am really worried about the Kia finance rates. They look awful. Select Car Leasing and Leaseplan are £1700 cheaper over the lease term and I'm paying tax on that, albeit a small amount. Now the car's close I wonder how those negotiations will go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ha! Me too... you and I are thinking alike. I was going for Zappi but I really like the development approach of hypervolt. I just hope they have their Solar functions working 100% by the summer.
I also have PV. It will be good have the solar functions, but it is not critical for me as the excess power will be stored in the Tesla Power Wall 2.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Direct Line quoted me £650! SDP only 14 yrs NCD!
Yep, Direct Line quoted me £690 Fully Comp Business Use and Protected No Claims. I was actually pleased as this is not much more than my i3, but now seeing Jon's quote I am not so sure. I know living in London carries a premium, but I have not made one claim in over 35 years of driving! As for your quote Gordon, that seems ridiculous. I know they say to get a quote around 26 days before the start date, so that is what I did.

501 - 520 of 583 Posts