Kia EV6 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be buying my EV6 through my company as a company car on a lease. I am really worried about the Kia finance rates. They look awful. Select Car Leasing and Leaseplan are £1700 cheaper over the lease term and I'm paying tax on that, albeit a small amount. Now the car's close I wonder how those negotiations will go.
Strange that it should be this way. Kia should be more accommodating with their rates. I used Select Car Leasing for my XC90, and never again. Despite me insisting on certain specifications, and double-checking that they were present. when the car duly turned up it was lacking the specific items I asked for. No amount of complaining got me anywhere, other than for them to wash their hands of it and say that their terms were clear and no actual specification was actually guaranteed. So this time I am buying the car outright through my company.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Strange that it should be this way. Kia should be more accommodating with their rates. I used Select Car Leasing for my XC90, and never again. Despite me insisting on certain specifications, and double-checking that they were present. when the car duly turned up it was lacking the specific items I asked for. No amount of complaining got me anywhere, other than for them to wash their hands of it and say that their terms were clear and no actual specification was actually guaranteed. So this time I am buying the car outright through my company.
if you got the cash it's a great way... 100% allowances first year and all that. My problem is keeping the working capital due in the main to the B word. Thanks for the headsup on Select. Not my first choice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you got the cash it's a great way... 100% allowances first year and all that. My problem is keeping the working capital due in the main to the B word. Thanks for the headsup on Select. Not my first choice.
I took out a ridiculously low-interest loan in anticipation of buying the car so I could then claim the 100% allowance and then use this to pay off a chunk of the loan.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I took out a ridiculously low-interest loan in anticipation of buying the car so I could then claim the 100% allowance and then use this to pay off a chunk of the loan.
I might have that option actually as we are a Scottish business and there are EV loans available. It's a good point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got my first insurance quote for the EV6 from Direct Line - £285 fully come for business and pleasure... pretty good I though but will still shop around.
My BMW X1 'M' 2.0 sport with LV= is £327 fully comp with protected NCD. I just contacted them wrt GT Line RWD.......£25 extra of which £15 is admin charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got this response regarding my EV6 ordered on early September 2021. Ask him about possible early deliver dates and test drives...

"This is correct. There are a few that are coming in much sooner than expected, I did check on your order yesterday and hadn't seen any change. It could be that the Matt Grey is popular so has a bigger order take. Our Demo should be here next week all being well. We should be booking in test drives very soon once a time table has been made, I think we will be offering an hour slot per test drive. "

·
Registered
15 Posts
My BMW X1 'M' 2.0 sport with LV= is £327 fully comp with protected NCD. I just contacted them wrt GT Line RWD.......£25 extra of which £15 is admin charge.
Similar to my quote. Around £60 more than my 320d M Sport Touring. Excesses a little higher but considering the vast value difference. Happy with that. I'll do a proper shop around after the year expires.

Fingers crossed, there is a chance I could pick my GT Line S RWD up on friday!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Similar to my quote. Around £60 more than my 320d M Sport Touring. Excesses a little higher but considering the vast value difference. Happy with that. I'll do a proper shop around after the year expires.

Fingers crossed, there is a chance I could pick my GT Line S RWD up on friday!
Mines about the same with the extras which of course you need... like NCP and legal etc...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did any of you find out the Service plan cost for EV6? I tried from the Kia website. It asks for the registration number. If anyone of you had this communications with the dealerships, please let me know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did any of you find out the Service plan cost for EV6? I tried from the Kia website. It asks for the registration number. If anyone of you had this communications with the dealerships, please let me know.
When is was still thinking about buying an Ioniq 5, I spent quite a bit of time trying to find service plan costs. They only released them after the first cars were delivered- shocking.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's Ronda. In the mountains above Marbella. Yes, I think the blue is my choice.
I think it is possibly the nicest colour of the limited choice we have. Would have loved the option of the green though, or some of the mock-ups one of the guys did on a forum that were stunning.

·
Registered
187 Posts
at the end of this one these some really interesting details about Driver assistance and technology... sorry if it's a repeat

short cut to the tech part...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
at the end of this one these some really interesting details about Driver assistance and technology... sorry if it's a repeat

short cut to the tech part...

Answered one of my queries as to whether the car stops automatically if the car in front stops suddenly, though I am not sure I would be brave enough to test it! Does anyone know if that feature is always on, or do you need to switch it on?

521 - 540 of 583 Posts