Kia EV6 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great!! I got mine too...
KIA EV6 ELECTRIC EXPERIENCE RESERVATION
Tuesday 13th July

My dealer wasn't until October and I'm not waiting that long....

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, despite subscribing to What Car. Thank you for the link. They did not exactly go overboard with their comments. But then to please What Car it must be a German car...
Yes you're right although I think they are a little restricted as they only have the press data. They do make reference to "when we do a full review" or something like that. It's good to see the driving reviews of the Ionic 5 but I would LOVE to see the same for the EV6.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This is quite an interesting page:

lots of gaps but worth checking back to.
Interesting list, thank you. Strange it is so light on performance figures. Googling the driver assist features takes you to a series of Australian-made videos of the features as implemented on the Kia Sorento. Not sure of the true real-world usefulness of some of them, but it seems it cannot find a space and parallel park which my Ford Kuga has been doing for years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting list, thank you. Strange it is so light on performance figures. Googling the driver assist features takes you to a series of Australian-made videos of the features as implemented on the Kia Sorento. Not sure of the true real-world usefulness of some of them, but it seems it cannot find a space and parallel park which my Ford Kuga has been doing for years.
I've never trusted my car to park itself and I'm not sure I ever will. The Camera with the guide lines will be useful but that's about it. I must say when I test drove the Mach-e I found the lane guidance on the motorway very good. There's a long gradual curve on the M4/M5 junction which at one stage goes into five lanes and it was absolutely dead centre. You have to indicate before it will let you go which would be a great addition for Audi and Merc drivers in general. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I've never trusted my car to park itself and I'm not sure I ever will. The Camera with the guide lines will be useful but that's about it. I must say when I test drove the Mach-e I found the lane guidance on the motorway very good. There's a long gradual curve on the M4/M5 junction which at one stage goes into five lanes and it was absolutely dead centre. You have to indicate before it will let you go which would be a great addition for Audi and Merc drivers in general. :)
My Ford Kuga parallel parks perfectly with you only needing to control the speed, gear selection and braking. It gets it right every time whereas I sometimes do not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had some follow-up on the matte grey paint. My very helpful dealer has been chasing Kia and received a response today. Kia have confirmed that it does require a lot more consideration when it comes to cleaning, so no automatic car washes, pressure washers from a distance only and not close-up, no wax cleaners/polishes, and the deal-breaker for me, any scratches require a whole panel re-spray. Thankfully they are saying that because this information was not available at the time of order if I want to change colour it will not affect my order. I have changed to red. (if I did not live in London where my last three cars have been scratched several times by careless parkers, then I would probably stick with the matte grey).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I have had some follow-up on the matte grey paint. My very helpful dealer has been chasing Kia and received a response today. Kia have confirmed that it does require a lot more consideration when it comes to cleaning, so no automatic car washes, pressure washers from a distance only and not close-up, no wax cleaners/polishes, and the deal-breaker for me, any scratches require a whole panel re-spray. Thankfully they are saying that because this information was not available at the time of order if I want to change colour it will not affect my order. I have changed to red. (if I did not live in London where my last three cars have been scratched several times by careless parkers, then I would probably stick with the matte grey).
Eeck! Quite a list of problems... I suspect I will have to the same. Thank you for the heads up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I must admit I had my worries when their demo car had markings on it which people said was pre-production issues. It looked like sticker marks where somebody put a label. I was lucky my wife didn't like it otherwise I would have chosen it too. I think if they are making changes this early it should be fine. Mind you, I have heard today I can't add the Heat pump without cancelling and reordering and I'm not that bothered by it. I'll do without. Worth it if you're somewhere cold but not in the south west.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
I must admit I had my worries when their demo car had markings on it which people said was pre-production issues. It looked like sticker marks where somebody put a label. I was lucky my wife didn't like it otherwise I would have chosen it too. I think if they are making changes this early it should be fine. Mind you, I have heard today I can't add the Heat pump without cancelling and reordering and I'm not that bothered by it. I'll do without. Worth it if you're somewhere cold but not in the south west.
You must have sharp eyes, I am afraid I did not notice the sticker marks. I have asked my dealer to change my colour selection to white. I will wait and see what, if any, issues will arise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You must have sahrp eyes, I am afraid I did not notice the sticker marks. I have asked my dealer to change my colour selection to white. I will wait and see what, if any, issues will arise.
I think it was highlighted in one of the videos but it was one where there you had to use translated sub titles I think.

Her's another one with good inside views, no subtitles but a good tour with the sound down. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jon, I saw the same thing. Looked like the residue from a sticker they may have had on previously. I found the video and have copied a clip that shows the mark. It was a bit disconcerting and is what started me on the path to looking at the issues with a matte paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was it... one presenter commented on it I think... I love the look but not sure I could live with the maintenance. A wrap might be a better idea perhaps?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts