Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Apologies that link might be broken. Here is another link that should hopefully work.

Thanks for sharing... some nice images. I don't like the black parking sensors. I'd hope they have found a way of making them grey if not matt by then. Having worked a long time ago in ultrasonics matt would cause functional issues. I also think it could do with 20" wheels, which I have ordered anyway but just another thing that pushed me to the GT-Line S.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes the GT-Line S seems to be the best option, though I find it strange they did not go down the First Edition route here as they did in the States. Hopefully they will have the GT-Line S available to view next month.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes the GT-Line S seems to be the best option, though I find it strange they did not go down the First Edition route here as they did in the States. Hopefully they will have the GT-Line S available to view next month.
I think it will probably be the same vehicles, probably Left Hand Drive too. The initial Mach-e tour was LHD I remember. Hopefully you are right. It would be great to see it.

I'm curious about delivery dates for other RHD countries such as Japan. If it's close to October that would be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi folks, another cancelled ME punter here. I just couldn't commit to a £50k purchase without driving the car, let alone see one!

I compared the tech to the EV6 and it wins outright for less money, so a reservation went into the Aldershot branch. GT line S. Was the heat pump an extra? I don't remember being asked, but may have. I'm not too fussed either way.

I feel I've gone a bit cheap here and stuck with the Red (my ME was going to be red).

I do have an early question. I was going to install a commando socket for my ME. It was less of a problem with the freeholder of the building. Will the EV6 come with a charger to do the same?

I will be seeing an EV6 in Epsom on 16th July. Can't wait!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Djkam, welcome on board. There are a few of us ex MME guys here. Agreed that in terms of vfm, the EV6 wins hands down. Seems to be quite a few teeething problems with the MME which hopefully the EV6 will not have. The heat pump is an extra, and depending on how much you will use the car, not really essential unless you are a high daily mileage driver. I did get it because there are days when I do high mileage and in winter range can be badly affected.

I do not believe the EV6 comes with a Commando Socket compatible charger lead, but I recently bought a charger via Octopus at a discounted rate that is commando socket compliant. See the link below.

In terms of paint choices, the red is no cheaper than the others, and having originally gone for the Matte Grey upon hearing of the many potential issues with it Kia agreed to change my car to red (also my choice for the MME).

·
Registered
77 Posts
haha some old very patient faces on here. :) Yes, I guess for me it didn't help that Ford had messed me around right good and proper before I did the test drive of the MME. I left it feeling ambivalent. It was sort of OK although the brakes on my car were way too snappy. I thought the interior was very American and not all that great for the money.

The big thing however was the disappointing Charge Curve. I could live with 150Kw but I'd really want it close to that for between 10 and 80%. It's not much faster than the iPace and I discounted that for mainly this reason. I also prefer the design language of the Kia. I wouldn't say the Mustang badge added anything in my head. Ford's admin was a complete s**t shower which really didn't help.

The Heat Pump is a £900 option on the EV6 GT Line S in the UK. It's only standard on the GT. I tried to add it later but I would have had to cancel my order and start again and there's no way I would do that again after my MME experience so no heat pump for me. In the UK the heap pump won't make a massive difference and with 800v charging I won't care much. I do two to three long journeys a month and none when it's really cold.

Yes I did the maths too and even losing the £3k grant the EV6 was cheaper and it gave me the excuse to go for the AWD and the head up display which I wanted. So I'm spending a few K more but I'm getting a much better spec.

I'm going to fit a Zappi as I have two solar arrays, one on FiT and the other not and as I work from home I plan to put my surplus electrons into the EV6 when I can. When we change my wife's car it will be for an EV so probability is we will have at least one car at home.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Djkam, welcome on board. There are a few of us ex MME guys here. Agreed that in terms of vfm, the EV6 wins hands down. Seems to be quite a few teeething problems with the MME which hopefully the EV6 will not have. The heat pump is an extra, and depending on how much you will use the car, not really essential unless you are a high daily mileage driver. I did get it because there are days when I do high mileage and in winter range can be badly affected.

I do not believe the EV6 comes with a Commando Socket compatible charger lead, but I recently bought a charger via Octopus at a discounted rate that is commando socket compliant. See the link below.

In terms of paint choices, the red is no cheaper than the others, and having originally gone for the Matte Grey upon hearing of the many potential issues with it Kia agreed to change my car to red (also my choice for the MME).
Yes the Ohme is a good unit... clever tech.

Colours for me are down to my wife unfortunately. I liked the Blue and the Red but we ended up with black. :)

I'm probably going to fit commando sockets at our work site so might end up with both. I do bi-monthly trips between Bristol and Scotland so I need a good charge plan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay, of course I am being completely stupid. I have the Ohme cable! So I have answered my own question about having a commando socket. Sorry, senior moment.
Not sure I'll miss the heat pump in the UK and with the £3k bump in price (without the grant) I couldn't afford it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Okay, of course I am being completely stupid. I have the Ohme cable! So I have answered my own question about having a commando socket. Sorry, senior moment.
Not sure I'll miss the heat pump in the UK and with the £3k bump in price (without the grant) I couldn't afford it.
You can buy well over 4000 KWh with the £900 and do over 14k miles so unless you really need the winter range it makes no sense in the UK. People say winter range drops by 30% for non heat pump but it still drops 20% for with a heat pump. Even if you're overly generous and say 15% drop, that would be say from 250 real world range take it to 212 miles comfortably vs. 175 miles so roughly an extra 37 miles. In very cold weather I'll just stop more frequently. The only thing that made me want to add it was residual value but I'm probably going to lease anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Jon. Great news. Very happy they have decided to fly in an RHD version. They will have an EV6 on display at the Goodwood Festival this week. Sadly I cannot make it, but have someone there who will hopefully be sending me some images. Front on the car looks stunning, and the paint finish is beautiful - almost regret changing away from the matte grey, but the issue previously raised just made it an impractical choice for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Jon. Great news. Very happy they have decided to fly in an RHD version. They will have an EV6 on display at the Goodwood Festival this week. Sadly I cannot make it, but have someone there who will hopefully be sending me some images. Front on the car looks stunning, and the paint finish is beautiful - almost regret changing away from the matte grey, but the issue previously raised just made it an impractical choice for me.
Yes me too ... I was hoping to get there but not possible. Still, we'll see it next week. They didn't show inside but I have seen those two tone seats which I'm quite unsure about. I also really wish they had given the dark green option in the UK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Completely agree. The green is lovely, and did you see the video of the green car with tan seats - much nicer. I really do not like the two-tone seats, but we are stuck with them. Roll on next week. Look forward to hearing your thoughts as I believe you see it the day before me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Completely agree. The green is lovely, and did you see the video of the green car with tan seats - much nicer. I really do not like the two-tone seats, but we are stuck with them. Roll on next week. Look forward to hearing your thoughts as I believe you see it the day before me.
13th in Chippenham for me. It's trek for me but the dealer in Bath isn't getting one until September! I'll post some picture and take some measurements :)

Yes, I don't like those two tone seats to be honest...

·
Registered
53 Posts
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you are right Jon, the embargo well and truly lifted. This review is great. Some nice camera angles and commentary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I think you are right Jon, the embargo well and truly lifted. This review is great. Some nice camera angles and commentary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
Great video! Well found.

61 - 80 of 174 Posts