Kia EV6 Forum banner
861 - 880 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very smooth handover this afternoon. Only a short drive home before rush hour and will probably leave it to the weekend to take it on a proper drive. This will give me time to go through the myriad of settings. Lovely car, and very happy so far. For some reason the red always photographs much brighter than it is when viewed with the human eye. They actually had all colours in the showroom, and they all looked great.

View attachment 839
View attachment 840
Phone sensors are set to over saturate and add some brightness. It makes images "pop" but it's not very "real".

GREAT you got you care at long last. You will have lots of fun I'm sure. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Phone sensors are set to over saturate and add some brightness. It makes images "pop" but it's not very "real".

GREAT you got you care at long last. You will have lots of fun I'm sure. :)
True, I took some more today in the PRO setting and these are much better. Uploaded them to the Kia EV6 Facebook page. Hopefully will get her on to the M4 tomorrow for the brief section before the 50mph limit starts!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Photo accuracy is almost impossible to get consistent. For Example the original taker of the pictures might use a phone that gives funny colours, but his home monitor is set up equality weirdly to the opposite extreme, so the pictures to him/her look very natural, but all wrong to everyone else.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Photo accuracy is almost impossible to get consistent. For Example the original taker of the pictures might use a phone that gives funny colours, but his home monitor is set up equality weirdly to the opposite extreme, so the pictures to him/her look very natural, but all wrong to everyone else.
Your best bet is to get photos sourced from a professional photographer not edited to "pop" for marketing materials and view them on a properly colour-balanced display. iPhones are pretty good at this, as are Mac computers. With others, e.g. Samsung, you may need to ensure the phone isn't trying to be "smart" about how it shows a photo.

I also think you can judge fairly accurately from this photo, because of the red painted doors, red taillights, and the colour of the brick and painted road lines. As a photographer I recognize that this photo is "warmed" because it was shot on a cloudy gray day.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Here are some additional shots in different lighting conditions, maybe an owner of a red can tell us which look most accurate to them:

Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
46 Posts
Just linking this post into the UK Owners area to help get it seen.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just put my Cayenne up on Gumtree to sell. Almost instant reply on WhatsApp from 'Alex' in Scotland who can't come to see it but wants to buy for his disabled daughter as a surprise. Would I take £100 off? Quick Google of the mobile number shows many reports of a Paypal scam. The internet can be a crappy place sometimes.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Apologies!!
It's a know fault with iOS devices. Only work around is the type your posts in Notes and then Copy and Paste your message. It's been reported by many people but I wouldn't hold your breath. It works better on a PC or Mac.

Yup - my dealer says that production hasn't even started on my GT Line S, AWD Matte Grey with heat pump which I ordered on the first day orders opened.
I don't think dealers have a clue. They say this as they normally get a build date on the Kia ordering system but this it NOT the case with the EV6. The first thing the dealers hear is when the cars arrive at UK Port. This is why many including me were caught unaware and the cars just turned up.

Also; don't try to unpick if it's this model, in that colour with or without the heat pump. Kia took a guess of specifications and colours and just made the early cars as a batch. If you were lucky like me you get a hit but if you miss it will be the full quoted lead time. It makes some sense as the dealers will take any car they can get so they will sell all the early cars. I think they will switch to build to order very soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey all,
If this has been asked before then I couldn't find it using the forum search feature, but, is there an equivalent to the Ford ETIS system for Kia? When I had my Mustang on order back in 2015 the forums posted a link to ETIS so that we could use to track our order, including build status, if it was shipped, and what the VIN number was.

My dealer clearly has access to a system like this since he phoned me and told me exactly when it was built and when it came off of the production line, but I don't know if it's available to the public like the Ford system was.

Ta!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey all,
If this has been asked before then I couldn't find it using the forum search feature, but, is there an equivalent to the Ford ETIS system for Kia? When I had my Mustang on order back in 2015 the forums posted a link to ETIS so that we could use to track our order, including build status, if it was shipped, and what the VIN number was.

My dealer clearly has access to a system like this since he phoned me and told me exactly when it was built and when it came off of the production line, but I don't know if it's available to the public like the Ford system was.

Ta!
none of us have found anything close, sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We're taking the EV6 and the dogs down to cornwall on Friday so have a good few hundred miles to put on it. Also get to try some rapid chargers. It's a bit out of our way but I might even stop of at Ionity Exeter and have a try. Ideally I'd like to get the paint treatment done but I might have to do it when we get back. That will depend on the weather.

Any news on your test drive? If it takes any longer I'll drive to you and you can have a try!!
Jon, what paint treatment are you having done ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Latest reports show Kia battery degradation about 2% per year or about 14% after 7 years. If realistic, any condition, range is 275 miles, expect around 240 miles at 7 years old.
Expect battery tech to advance considerably in next 7 years, so our 7 year old EV6 may not be worth a lot ? Just a thought.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Latest reports show Kia battery degradation about 2% per year or about 14% after 7 years. If realistic, any condition, range is 275 miles, expect around 240 miles at 7 years old.
Expect battery tech to advance considerably in next 7 years, so our 7 year old EV6 may not be worth a lot ? Just a thought.
Ten year old Nissan Leafs are currently fetching around £5,000 to £8,000 with a 24kWh battery pack, so I don't think you need to worry about residuals for the EV6. By then, battery swaps with the E-GMP platform should be on the market by that point.

If you're worried about battery health then make sure you only charge your car when the battery is empty, say 10 to 20%. Using rapid chargers or charging in hot/cold weather doesn't affect battery health to a meaningful degree, but driving five miles when your battery is 100% to then charge the battery immediately will absolutely wreck it in the long term.

Also, it's not a linear 2% reduction of the original total per year but a compound reduction. It would take 17 years for the battery to drop to 200 miles as the initial drop in battery capacity is steep but levels out as you start to reach 20 years old. There will still be a lot of usable life in these cars by 2036.
Font Material property Number Pattern Screenshot

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you're worried about battery health then make sure you only charge your car when the battery is empty, say 10 to 20%. Using rapid chargers or charging in hot/cold weather doesn't affect battery health to a meaningful degree...
That doesn't align with the info I've always seen on lithium batteries. Reducing depth of discharge is one of the ways to increase battery life (e.g. charging to only 60% and discharging to only 40% if you only need 20% of your capacity, rather than charging it all the way up then waiting until it's completely discharged before recharging). Hi heat, high voltage (charge level), and high charge rates have all also been shown to accelerate aging.

861 - 880 of 974 Posts