Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Generally most cars drive reasonably well these days. What we do know is that Kia have the experience of the Niro to lean on when it comes to tuning the car for UK roads which is where I think Ford fell short with the Mach-e. A bottom weighted electric car is very different from a front engined car. The acceleration will be intoxicating, and couple that with a nice cabin to sit in and it all sounds really promising.

Off to view in 3 hours!!
Enjoy your time with it!!! :) I agree with what you say.

One point I forgot is the Demo car has no sunroof so it's quite dark and gloomy inside. I think the Panoramic sunroof will really help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Me too, as I was leaning towards the Ioniq 5 due to the much brighter interior, but was vetoed by my son of all people, not that he is paying for it!! One of several reasons I opted for the GT-Line S.

Will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK, so initial thoughts are all positive. Very comfortable driver-focused car with lots of neat little detailings. The 'zero gravity' seats are fabulous, especially in full recline. Huge amount of legroom front and rear, good sized boot, and good storage throughout the cabin. It felt a much more special place to be than the Mach e. As an added bonus there were lots of Kia staff and reps around to answer each and every question. There was no sense of urgency, despite the session being fully booked.

The 20 inch wheels are a big plus point - they look great and suit the car very well.

The interior is dark, but hopefully the panoramic roof will brighten this up. I asked about this specific feature as there is very little information about it and I was told it is a full panoramic roof that is split in two and the front section opens back as far as the antenna. This does not appear to be the case in any images I have seen, so let's see if they are right on this point.

I was also told that the first batch of cars are already in shipping and October is pretty much nailed on for the first orders, with test drives in September.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK, so initial thoughts are all positive. Very comfortable driver-focused car with lots of neat little detailings. The 'zero gravity' seats are fabulous, especially in full recline. Huge amount of legroom front and rear, good sized boot, and good storage throughout the cabin. It felt a much more special place to be than the Mach e. As an added bonus there were lots of Kia staff and reps around to answer each and every question. There was no sense of urgency, despite the session being fully booked.

The 20 inch wheels are a big plus point - they look great and suit the car very well.

The interior is dark, but hopefully the panoramic roof will brighten this up. I asked about this specific feature as there is very little information about it and I was told it is a full panoramic roof that is split in two and the front section opens back as far as the antenna. This does not appear to be the case in any images I have seen, so let's see if they are right on this point.

I was also told that the first batch of cars are already in shipping and October is pretty much nailed on for the first orders, with test drives in September.
Oh! That's great news about October being a possibility. I think the first build was July so I assumed UK cars would be August build.

I very much agree about the Mach-e. I didn't really like the long bonnet and the inside was very "american" and kind of OK but not a great place to be. I went back and immediately prefered by Land Rover and did the opposite with the EV6.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Kia rep said they were being shipped, the Kia dealer was surprised to hear this. Hopefully it does not turn into a Mach-e debacle, but they seemed 100% confident that they were on schedule for an October rollout in the UK. Interestingly they seemed very aware of the Mach-e disconnect between Ford and their customers, so seem determined not to let that happen here.

The shorter bonnet on the EV6 is a big bonus. Frunk is rather pointless, other than as a cable store, especially on the AWD variant.

An added bonus, a big thumbs up from my wife who also really liked it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Kia rep said they were being shipped, the Kia dealer was surprised to hear this. Hopefully it does not turn into a Mach-e debacle, but they seemed 100% confident that they were on schedule for an October rollout in the UK. Interestingly they seemed very aware of the Mach-e disconnect between Ford and their customers, so seem determined not to let that happen here.

The shorter bonnet on the EV6 is a big bonus. Frunk is rather pointless, other than as a cable store, especially on the AWD variant.

An added bonus, a big thumbs up from my wife who also really liked it.
Also, Kia kept a lot of people waiting for the e-Nero and I've even heard dealers say I hope it's not the e-Nero all over again. NOTHING like Ford. When I saw the pre-production Mach-e it was nowhere near as far developed as the EV6 demo. Especially the software. I'm pleased they know about Ford and the Mach-e fiasco.

It fit them being made as it was not possible for me to add the Heat Pump after initially deciding against it and any change of colour resulted in the back of the queue. Frunk is a cable store or maybe a bit more security for a laptop bag. My wife liked it too. She said it's a bit wide but when I told her she could park it with the key she thought that was great. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here are my thoughts on the EV6 launch event in Chippenham;

The car looks fabulous in matt grey. I'm regretting black now. I think I would have put up with the issues around maintenance. The build quality looks up there with BMW, Audi etc. The plastics surrounding the boot looked a little cheap but I really don't care about the boot. It's very wide! I really like the stance of this car.

The cabin was a great place to be with tonnes of room. Cockpit surround design is first class. I much prefer the EV6 cockpit design to the Mache and the ID4. Displays were fast, almost no lag and very easy to use. I didn't have long enough to learn them, but they worked very well, and I prefer the twin display to the single large central unit.

The event wasn't very slick to be honest. I don't want to be harsh as they did their best, but it was too small a space for the numbers looking. The Kia travelling staff were very good.

Focussing on the car; visibility is great front and sides but little more limited behind. There is some subtle but interesting attention to detail. Getting back into our Discovery made it feel quite dated. The height of the boot from the floor to the roof is only 26inches or 28 if you remove the floor cover. My dog is going to have to lie down! The wheels look great, better in person than online.

I think my only negative is the boot is not that large. Two large suitcases only I would estimate, maybe some small bags too, but the space inside is huge. Felt as big as my full size Discovery but with better leg room. You can only just get your toes under the front seat from the back. Almost no space at all.

View attachment 287

View attachment 286

View attachment 285
2 wheel drive frunk
View attachment 284
View attachment 283

View attachment 282

Head Up Display
View attachment 281
Oh wow, it looks like you got the other vehicle in the UK - the one shown to the media.

On one hand, I'm curious to see if the materials are different, but if they're both pre-production vehicles, I suppose it's a moot point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh wow, it looks like you got the other vehicle in the UK - the one shown to the media.

On one hand, I'm curious to see if the materials are different, but if they're both pre-production vehicles, I suppose it's a moot point.
Yes I think you're right. I'm quite relaxed about the material quality. It won't be worst and to be honest we ALL have to get used to sustainable materials. There is no choice and it will come to all OEMs'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I am really disappointed but the event in Epsom has been cancelled tomorrow. I understand there is illness at the Dealership. I got the impression from the tone it was serious rather than someone off with a cold.
I am gutted as I really wanted to see it in the flesh ahead of delivery later in the year. I went back to see if I could rebook elsewhere but apart from a 9am at Kia UK, all other slots we in October. I can't make it at 9am tomorrow :(

Good to hear the good feedback on here from those who have seen it. I really do like the interior from the pictures and videos but there is nothing like sitting in that seat!

I am a tad concerned coming from a 3 Series Touring to the EV6 with boot height, but I'll make it work. No family here so those seats can live folded down if necessary.

All the press videos have been massively positive too and they seem as eager to drive it as we all are.

The MME forums are have reports of plenty of niggles and moans. Many are very happy too.

Oh, one thing someone pointed out to me on a comment which I found surprising. The Ioniq5, like for like is several £k cheaper. I guess it was ' badge prestige' and I think a couple of minor things like wireless charging? Am I wrong?

I still love the look of the EV6 over the I5, but I think it's almost £5k difference GT Line S versus Ultimate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is a real shame and very frustrating. I would have hoped that Kia would find a way to fi in another viewing at a more convenient time.

The Inoiq 5 is a great car, but their pricing structure is a bit confusing. If you look at the Ultimate specification things like the memory seats, relaxation seats, parking assists/360 view appear to be optional extras that take the price much closer to the EV6.

That said, either car is great, and having seen and driven the mach-e, these two cars are superior in most ways.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I am really disappointed but the event in Epsom has been cancelled tomorrow. I understand there is illness at the Dealership. I got the impression from the tone it was serious rather than someone off with a cold.
The COVID Delta variant is running rampant through the UK and any Kia dealer is going to need enough staff to manage the people wanting to crowd around the new car. I can't see any way that we won't see more of this in the next month - though it must be awfully frustrating!

I'm due to see the EV6 this afternoon at 6.00pm and I will be gutted if it gets called off too!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The COVID Delta variant is running rampant through the UK and any Kia dealer is going to need enough staff to manage the people wanting to crowd around the new car. I can't see any way that we won't see more of this in the next month - though it must be awfully frustrating!

I'm due to see the EV6 this afternoon at 6.00pm and I will be gutted if it gets called off too!
What I would say is that the Kia team have the Covid safety procedures pretty much nailed. 2m apart and the split the groups so people could see the car. Our group had to wait upstairs which was a little frustrating but understandable. Masks at all times. The lady from Kia wiped down all the touch points before each couple could get in the car. It was well done.

I think the real issue is younger unvaccinated staff catching it and then their proximity to other working staff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I am not even sure it is a Covid thing. But either way, extremely disappointing considering the long delay from July to October for local viewings. I don't know why there is such a big gap. Maybe they are heading up north. My guess is they are being given to Press for drive tests soon.

Ref the I5, I will price up an online car again. I would be happier knowning they are much closer in price than I currently think they are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, the Hyundai site is awful. What is it with Car Makers and awful websites when trying to offer you a car in excess of £40k! They don't have the I5 on a configurator which lists specs.

I cannot see if you need to add the £1500 Tech pack to the Ultimate spec (would go against that title if you did!). The Ultimate 73kwh RWD is £45k. One website I found seems to says you need to add it on and maybe also an Eco pack too.

Anyone found a definitive answer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Completely agree with you.

What you need to do is scroll down to the Specifications section then expand the drop down lists - this shows you what is included and what is an optional extra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah thanks, man...that was a lot of scrolling down!

Okay, so yeah, the I5 is indeed over £3k cheaper but with some minor differences. That is a shame but I think that is more that Hyundai could probably charge more than Kia being overpriced.

·
Registered
53 Posts

At Kia GWR there were almost as many Kia staff as customers.

Hope you make it Bill and look forward to your thoughts as another of the Mach-e defectors (if this is the right word).

101 - 120 of 175 Posts