Kia EV6 Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1534 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Had call from my dealer yesterday saying Gt-line s still on course for April. Update expected end Jan.
Last dealer update I saw was all GTLS orders were looking around June...that was from 21st December I think. It's on here a few pages back.
Get them to send you a screenshot of their most recent bulletin. Maybe they've got a new one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Last dealer update I saw was all GTLS orders were looking around June...that was from 21st December I think. It's on here a few pages back.
Get them to send you a screenshot of their most recent bulletin. Maybe they've got a new one?
There is so much conflicting information, it's hard to know who to believe. I don't even think Kia knows exactly. They make whatever they have parts for on the day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The latest update from my dealer is that they are in a meeting on the 18th Jan and will update me on the 19th to give me a better understanding officially.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agreed, and online fora will also be swamped with those who have cars without heat pumps trying to convince themselves they didn't need them which will confuse the issue further ;)
Has anyone worked out the break even point for a spend of £900 against range extension using 3 miles per kWh and an overnight charge cost of 7pence per kWh ???? 😳😳😳😳

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've never worked out any costings as it doesn't really bother me. I just want maximum range for even those few times a year I might need it so heat pump was added.

·
Registered
223 Posts
no, sorry that math(s) is wrong. It save 19% of the winter range loss, not 19% of range. So if your range drops from say 310 miles to 230 miles (taking an extreme) your winter range loss is 80 miles. The HP will save you 19% of that which is 15.2 miles per full charge.... so roughly 3 miles on the 50 mile journey. You see the HP is great when the weather is cold and there is no surplus heat in the battery/motors. So actually great on short journeys. On long journeys you will think that the surplus heat from the motors and battery would be enough to heat the cabin. In reality I found I did need to "top up" with the heat button which turns on the PTC heater.

This is where preheating comes in - if it worked!! You could preheat, even over heat the cabin from your mains power whilst on a short charge cycle before you leave and avoid the range loss (with a cost).

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro heat pump but we will no see massive range differences. I think the HP will have an impact on residual values, mind you. It should be included and £900 is a deterrent price. The cost of the HP to Kia is about £80 based on some industrial prices I have seen through work. It might be much less.
Lol - I think you need to read my post again. Our maths is the same!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've never worked out any costings as it doesn't really bother me. I just want maximum range for even those few times a year I might need it so heat pump was added.
Aaagh I just remember those days when my time was so valuable, now as a retired old pensioner that extra comfort stop, coffee and rapid charge is so much more attractive :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Aaagh I just remember those days when my time was so valuable, now as a retired old pensioner that extra comfort stop, coffee and rapid charge is so much more attractive :)
It's not time either :) It's hassle factor and if I can just make it home or to my destination without that one extra stop then it's all good.
And with a 6 year old in the car....actually maybe it is just time :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
19 Posts
The latest update from my dealer is that they are in a meeting on the 18th Jan and will update me on the 19th to give me a better understanding officially.

It would be good to hear their update.

We have Kia UK tweeting that delivery is from June.

I have ordered a GT Line-S (via a lease), due on 1 April, I chased this a couple of days ago with the lease company, this was my reply;

Thank you for your email I have checked this out with the dealership and the dealership have advised on the below;

It doesn’t show any delay on manufacturer portal. It is only models with additional heat pumps that are affected.

I had resigned myself to a June/July delivery, but I may get a pleasant surprise in April!!

Working out delivery times etc, I would be expecting my car to be built anytime over the next couple of weeks - surely if this was not going to be built, the manufacturers portal would show this information??

Sorry if I am adding to any misinformation - but just passing on what I have been told.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It doesn’t show any delay on manufacturer portal. It is only models with additional heat pumps that are affected.
I think dealers and lease companies are just making stuff up that they think the customer wants to hear. We've seen the official update from end of December that has ALL GTLS models delayed. Until I see something in the form of an official update like that again I can't believe much I see or hear, even from my dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer told me about the same update on the same date and promised to call me afterwards. Just hoping for good news.

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
19 Posts
I think dealers and lease companies are just making stuff up that they think the customer wants to hear. We've seen the official update from end of December that has ALL GTLS models delayed. Until I see something in the form of an official update like that again I can't believe much I see or hear, even from my dealer.
I had sent the lease company the screenshot (which someone uploaded) which showed ALL GT Line-S models being delayed (this showed HP and non-HP models delayed).

Reactions: Desmo

·
Registered
474 Posts
There are too many variables involved, although with electricity prices going up again soon, £900 might be a bargain 😔.
I'm going to fit more solar panels if it gets that expensive!! That's 4,285 miles on my tariff for break even, or 18,000 miles on Octopus Go overnight. I think if you live in a cold climate it's more about the range and residual value.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have gone for the UK Kia recommended pod point charger hopefully can get install before government scheme runs out. Car AWD GTLineS won't arrive until June/July I guess having ordered in November. Anyone had pod point installed?

1361 - 1380 of 1534 Posts