Kia EV6 Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1534 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have gone for the UK Kia recommended pod point charger hopefully can get install before government scheme runs out. Car AWD GTLineS won't arrive until June/July I guess having ordered in November. Anyone had pod point installed?
I've had a pod point installed. Very professional, I think took about 2 hours. Very easy to get the app connected and the charger connected to my WiFi. The only thing I can't comment on is how well it charges, as I'm still waiting for delivery of my EV6.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Had a pod point unit for the last four years and it's been fine. Must admit that a charger install was never mentioned when I was placing my order but the dealership has passed my details on to pod point without my permission :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bydandie

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had a pod point installed. Very professional, I think took about 2 hours. Very easy to get the app connected and the charger connected to my WiFi. The only thing I can't comment on is how well it charges, as I'm still waiting for delivery of my EV6.
I’ve had a Pod Point for over a year now. Nothing to report- it just works. The app is reliable and gives you some nice stats by week and month. I don’t use any scheduling as I couldn’t make the Octopus economics work. The cheaper night tariff seemed to be outweighed by the higher daytime rate for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
you can have your charger installed and claim the grant as soon as you have ordered the car I think... as long as you have a VIN number I seem to recall. Double check with your installer as they make the claim so will know the rules. I ordered mine before I had a number plate but they accepted the sales order with the VIN.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have gone for the UK Kia recommended pod point charger hopefully can get install before government scheme runs out. Car AWD GTLineS won't arrive until June/July I guess having ordered in November. Anyone had pod point installed?
Had one installed last year, nice looking 7m tether in the old Solo and all of features you need as long as you don’t need solar compatibility.

The new one Solo 3 is smaller, but has a nice place to wind the tether around.

You certainly want to get one installed before they start mandating a standalone smart meter from the summer

·
Registered
36 Posts
The latest update from my dealer is that they are in a meeting on the 18th Jan and will update me on the 19th to give me a better understanding officially.
I think this is noteworthy.I checked the sailings from Korea to Immingham(purportedly the Shipping company Kia use).
Next shipment is Jan 18th arriving about a month later.So I think Kia will be saying what they have shipped then.
I ordered a Red Air just after Christmas and was told late Feb.Delivery date March 2nd.So II can delay if early and make it a 22 reg they said.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Then this makes allot of sense. It must be the dealers confirming what is on that shipment and basically seeing what has "missed the boat" for confirmation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
FWIW, a Canadian memo from Dec said any orders in December (when our ordering books opened for everyone that didn’t reserve an early edition), had delivery timelines between May and Sept with Moonscape Matte Grey adding 2 months to any of those timelines. The equivalent to the UK GTL (we call it GTL package 1) has an estimated delivery time of May-July and the GTLS (GTL Package 2) is Aug-Sep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just ordered my pod point install, one thing to note if Kia send you the link it knocks a further £70 of the price, documentation needed is your order form
just ordered mine just waiting for an install date. I uploaded deposit receipt which was accepted. Car AWD GTlineS ordered November so long wait but at least get gov discount

·
Registered
99 Posts
Question for the gallery. I've tried three times now but it hasn't worked yet: starting the climate control from the Kia Connect App. I've made sure Eco Heating is off and the night before I made sure to leave the climate system on with the car in Normal mode. Is there a setting in the car I need to twiddle, does it need to be connected to a charger to work, or is the App just unreliable for this one feature (it's been 100% okay for everything else I want to do with the car).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Question for the gallery. I've tried three times now but it hasn't worked yet: starting the climate control from the Kia Connect App. I've made sure Eco Heating is off and the night before I made sure to leave the climate system on with the car in Normal mode. Is there a setting in the car I need to twiddle, does it need to be connected to a charger to work, or is the App just unreliable for this one feature (it's been 100% okay for everything else I want to do with the car).
My understanding is that this is a known sw issue being worked on, dealer informed me this week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just ordered my pod point install, one thing to note if Kia send you the link it knocks a further £70 of the price, documentation needed is your order form
How do you get the link from Kia?
do pod point do solar panel enabled chargers and so your deposit receipt is enough?

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do you get the link from Kia?
do pod point do solar panel enabled chargers and so your deposit receipt is enough?
Dealer sends it, unless the solo 3 does solar then no. The old model didn’t

·
Registered
474 Posts
yes, known issue, I'm afraid, I wouldn't waste your time. I have tried numerous way. You can get the seats and rear windows and mirrors to defrost. Only way I have found is to start the car but I was thinking about the heater in the V2L socket and a smart plug.

1381 - 1400 of 1534 Posts