Kia EV Forum banner

Kia EV6 vs. Hyundai Ioniq 5

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  SoulMan 
#1 ·
This is a really good comparison of the EV6 and the Ioniq 5 based on the info that's out so far. Of the two I'm still leaning towards the EV6 because of the more subtle styling compared to the Ioniq 5.

0:00 Intro
0:20 Premise
1:18 Exterior
4:28 Interior
8:25 Performance
10:41 High-Performance Versions
12:00 Summary

#7 ·
Front is better for charging stations on the road. And I’d prefer it on the driver’s side.
No problem to have it at the back at home - I set up my EVSE at the garage door so that it can reach my car whether it’s in the garage or in the driveway.

#11 ·
Dutch presentation of the EV6.

I must say I am a bit dissapointed. A bit boring. Small trunk. I prefer the Ioniq 5. It is more flexible. And cooler (in my opinion).
Welcome @ToddaMeister! I don't know if I'd call it boring but it's definitely not as bold as the Ioniq 5. The Ioniq is a bit too boxy for my liking. Maybe that'll change when I see both cars in person.

#12 ·
Thank you @SoulMan
I want to like the EV6. I have a Niro EV today, and I was really hopeful towards the EV6.

But there is something about the rear of the car that does not agree with me. I like it from the side, and I think the front is ok.

Also, for such a big car, I think the boot is rather small. It seems to slope a lot towards the back of the car. Even more than the Ioniq 5.

I was lucky enough to secure a reservation for the Hyundai Ioniq 5 P45, and after the presentation of the EV6, I went ahead and signed the contract on the Ioniq 5. Hopefully it will arrive in June.

#16 ·
Thank you @SoulMan
I want to like the EV6. I have a Niro EV today, and I was really hopeful towards the EV6.

But there is something about the rear of the car that does not agree with me. I like it from the side, and I think the front is ok.

Also, for such a big car, I think the boot is rather small. It seems to slope a lot towards the back of the car. Even more than the Ioniq 5.

I was lucky enough to secure a reservation for the Hyundai Ioniq 5 P45, and after the presentation of the EV6, I went ahead and signed the contract on the Ioniq 5. Hopefully it will arrive in June.
That's fair. I think you can't go wrong with either car really. they both seem solid. Congrats on getting a reservation for the Ioniq 5!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.