Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Picking up my GT S on Friday. I noted on Twitter that a software update was released today by Kia (was delayed from the 12/11/21). Has anyone got experience of downloading this from the online Navigator updater onto a USB, either for this or previous Kia’s?
Also has anyone tried seeing if they can download OTA from the software screen on their Kia’s, now this has been released.
I assume in the UK we would use the European updates?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all. Picking up my GT S on Friday. I noted on Twitter that a software update was released today by Kia (was delayed from the 12/11/21). Has anyone got experience of downloading this from the online Navigator updater onto a USB, either for this or previous Kia’s?
Also has anyone tried seeing if they can download OTA from the software screen on their Kia’s, now this has been released.
I assume in the UK we would use the European updates?
Thanks

I now attach the link

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool.
I was afraid that the software version of my EV6 starts with CV_E.EUR.S5W and the update with CV.S5W
Does this happens to you too?

I contacted support and they told me is ok to perform the update but I don't know why this name difference worries me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've updated successfully. Warning - this is not a fast process. Around 45 minutes roughly and it takes about the same amount of time on top to create the update USB stick. Obviously you do this fist. I couldn't get it to run on my Mac but it worked fine on a PC.

Here are some images of the actual update process.

Automotive lighting Trunk Bag Bumper Motor vehicle

Before turning the car on I plugged the USB stick with the update image on it. The Device unplugged is my wireless CarPlay device Carplay2air thing...

Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Multimedia

When I started the Car this displayed without needing to go in to any menus. I think 34 minutes is optimistic.

Plant Gadget Font Audio equipment Display device

I chose quick... but it really wasn't very...

Rectangle Font Output device Gadget Personal computer

First it checks the files and validates the update...

Rectangle Font Gas Electronic device Technology

Then does the update. You can heat the car as by this time I was getting damn cold.

After this the system restarts automatically. I noticed charger locations had been updated. I ran out of time so haven't checked other changes as yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What can be the difference between Quick and General update?
Does this update affect climate control or other functions apart from the maps?
Truth is I have no idea but quick was pre-selected so I ran with that.

I am not 100% sure of the updates included BUT the App interface is slightly different and I have been able to remote start the Climate without being plugged in. I'm still testing so I'm not too sure about this as yet. Maps have changed for sure and charge stations are updated. There's a new one locally which is now included.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I am not 100% sure of the updates included BUT the App interface is slightly different and I have been able to remote start the Climate without being plugged in. I'm still testing so I'm not too sure about this as yet. Maps have changed for sure and charge stations are updated. There's a new one locally which is now included.
Sounds good!!!
I'll give it a try tonight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read that an update will allow the maps to be in "day" mode even when the rest of the cluster is in dark mode. I assume that's part of this update?
That's an issue I have with Apple Maps, both on the phone and via CarPlay. The dark-mode colour scheme is really difficult to read...

·
Registered
208 Posts

Downloaded and updated my system this morning. The car spotted the usb stick was present and took me to the correct menu. It took about 40 minutes to update.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you select a charging station (or other destination) will it now show the percentage of battery at arrival.
And come with suggestions for fast chargin when it does not get there without charge.

Check the former version and it did not do both..
Most likely will be using a third party app to navigate when this is not available on longer trips through carplay

·
Registered
1 Posts

This might be a stupid question but did you have to sit in the car the whole time while it was updating or were you able to lock and leave the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you select a charging station (or other destination) will it now show the percentage of battery at arrival.
And come with suggestions for fast chargin when it does not get there without charge.

Check the former version and it did not do both..
Most likely will be using a third party app to navigate when this is not available on longer trips through carplay
That sound like great news! Do you know if it uses real-world range (depending on drive style and conditions)? Or theoretical range

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
That sound like great news! Do you know if it uses real-world range (depending on drive style and conditions)? Or theoretical range
Hi @Atze, happy Tuesday and welcome to the forum!

Kia's system does use real time calculations based on driving, systems being used, and such.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts