Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Did you do the quick or the general update? Thanks
I just used quick as it was selected by default.

This might be a stupid question but did you have to sit in the car the whole time while it was updating or were you able to lock and leave the car?
I don't think you have to BUT you must leave the car turned on so you might consider the security issues.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I couldn't find the split screen dark and light modes BUT I did fine one very small issue for the UK drivers. After the update the HUD and dash speed warnings are in KM even if the car is set to Miles. The vehicle speed is still in Miles per hour.

To resolve this go in to Units and change the whole car to KM. Then change it back to Miles and the HUD and centre dash warnings update the Miles. Takes 30 seconds but really confused me on a short test drive!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That sound like great news! Do you know if it uses real-world range (depending on drive style and conditions)? Or theoretical range
Is that the news though, or did you mis-read the previous post?

I think ppheijnen was asking if those changes were included, rather than saying they are... (although I would be very happy to be corrected!)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Now I'm also very confused.

Can jongodfrey or anybody confirm that plan i including chargestops or get a soc expectation when setting a destination?
I think you are right, the english is getting confused. I think there is a wish for countdown to predicted charge level when a charger is a destination. I've not seen this and my wife has the car so I can't test it. I will later today.

The Good News... is that the km vs Miles issue is fixed in the App as part of this update. Although you need to reset the car first the km and then back to miles to fix an assumed km default on the Speed Limit Warning. It takes 2 minutes to do this. It is interesting that the car update has a significant impact on the App performance.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok thnx. I had a look at the manual and i found some info about finding chargers along the route but it is very vague about how it actually works.

No... I can't find any predicted charge level at destination function in the update (my wife came home for lunch so I had a quick look).

I did find this but I'm not sure if this was here before.

Gadget Display device Multimedia Auto part Font

It seem you only have time to destination and distance to destination... sorry the light was against me so poor images...
Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Electronic device

Gadget Font Electronic device Multimedia Technology

·
Registered
47 Posts
That sound like great news! Do you know if it uses real-world range (depending on drive style and conditions)? Or theoretical range
It was a question as during my test drive I used the old version navi and it did not show the expected battery status at the destination.
I did select a route which was 600km and it told me that car wil not make it to destination and it came with a suggestion for charge locations but the suggestion was 4km ahead while it still had 75% capacitity :(. Then you manually have to scroll to what you expect will be the range and select manually a charge station.

Would be nice if it comes with suggestion
a) 10% left -> 50kwh charger
b) 15% left -> 150Kwh charger
c) 20% left -> 300 Kwh charger

Then you can see the total duration of the drive including the expected charge time, like some only navi tools do already...
You do not wan to drop below 10% then charging goes a lot slower..

·
Registered
3 Posts
About the time to upgrade, my last car have some updates along the year and ever using a pendrive. At the beginning ever said 70 minutes and spent 120. One day I lost the pendrive and started to use another one with a huge speed. Save the files on the prendrive were quicker than before, and write the files in the car spent less time that screen said. So try to use the quickest pendrive that you have. Usually there are big files and the speed to read and/or write isn't good except if you use USB 3.0 ready pendrives.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks. The pictures are clear enough. If read the manual correctly (check link above) you can hit the menu button en there should be a range menu (EV range i think) in there to project the range.
Yes this is the option pictured with the "range dome" but it doesn't predict range at destination.
It was a question as during my test drive I used the old version navi and it did not show the expected battery status at the destination.
I did select a route which was 600km and it told me that car wil not make it to destination and it came with a suggestion for charge locations but the suggestion was 4km ahead while it still had 75% capacitity :(. Then you manually have to scroll to what you expect will be the range and select manually a charge station.

Would be nice if it comes with suggestion
a) 10% left -> 50kwh charger
b) 15% left -> 150Kwh charger
c) 20% left -> 300 Kwh charger

Then you can see the total duration of the drive including the expected charge time, like some only navi tools do already...
You do not wan to drop below 10% then charging goes a lot slower..
Yes, this would be great. A work around is to use A Better Route Planner and Zap Map if you are in the UK and have this on CarPlay. You might also have the destination in the Kia Nav if you want the Augmented Reality feature on the Sat Nav, although this assumes they chose the same Route. :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts