Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't on the initial 200 waiting list, and JUST got off the phone with the dealer. Getting orders in today!

Placed order for RWD, Long Range.... fingers crossed!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wasn't on the initial 200 waiting list, and JUST got off the phone with the dealer. Getting orders in today!

Placed order for RWD, Long Range.... fingers crossed!
Thanks for the update! Were you given pricing information? Or just configurations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update! Were you given pricing information? Or just configurations?
No real info... confirmed colours, RWD and long range battery.. Confirmed it did come with heat pump, and a heated steering wheel (not that it really mattered, but what he told me).... not much info beyond that.

So I can infer that options will be:
LR/SR battery pack - He did ask about that.
RWD/AWD

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks. It boggles my mind that they can be taking orders etc. without providing even indicative pricing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all. This is my first post. I was one of the lucky few that was able to pre-order. I was informed yesterday that my pre-order car was finally listed to go to my dealership. I got the colour I wanted but no ETA, no price.

According to the dealer, (and don't hold me to this it was what I was told) the price is not just something Kia sets, it is also part of a process with the government approvals so they couldn't tell me price either. They did say a rough price is the American equivalent adjusted to our exchange rate so add about 30%. So yes car will be pricey but offset the cost of the gas we would have paid for and it may be a close overall same monthly expense but greener and way more technology driven.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a part of the 200 initial and my preferred ev dealer just send me the order forms to choose a type and colour. Something I've Allready done in the initial pre order. I have a feeling they have me confused with someone else hopefully. As I was under the impression the pre order trim was gt line package 2 and they would arrive In the first quarter of 2022 , whereas the info sent by my dealer cites august-oct

Anyone else perhaps in a different province or region get the same thing from their dealership (of the 200 pre-orders)
(Ontario)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a part of the 200 initial and my preferred ev dealer just send me the order forms to choose a type and colour. Something I've Allready done in the initial pre order. I have a feeling they have me confused with someone else hopefully. As I was under the impression the pre order trim was gt line package 2 and they would arrive In the first quarter of 2022 , whereas the info sent by my dealer cites august-oct

Anyone else perhaps in a different province or region get the same thing from their dealership (of the 200 pre-orders)
(Ontario)
I would call the dealer and check your status...they should be able to show your order date which for me was the pre-order date.

Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
SpyderGTA, lets hope that pricing matches Ioniq 5, as it has in other markets around the globe. $45K-$60K. I am pretty confident that they will do this to get the federal grants. Lots of examples of cars in Canada not aligning to USA pricing.

I am excited about my EV6 order, but will buy an ID4 AWD if the EV6 is priced above the federal grants.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have a clue. I am hoping because it is a first edition and first of its kind they will price them to sell. But then there are so many variables.

Let's hope Kia and the government can make this car more affordable compared to other EV manufacturers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
On average, top-trim fully-optioned EV6's cost more than Ioniq 5's in Europe. I expect we'll see the EV6 more expensive than the Ioniq 5 here in Canada, too. My best guess is ~$65k for the 200 GT-Line S Package 2's.

(The Canadian pricing in this uses some wizardry of average pricing of several vehicles and removing extreme values to guestimate Canadian EV6 pricing. The GT is probably an underestimate by the formula. Note that "GT-Line S" in this basically means "GT-Line with all the options").

Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot Number

·
Registered
12 Posts
LoL. It is still pricey considering a top end ICE Kia is lower. Now I am so set on getting this car that in my mind I am justifying the price by less gas payments, helping the environment and that the car has a lot more recycled material in it than other brands....and of course potentially being the first kid on the block with this car is also a cool thought.

Just being honest🤓

·
Registered
244 Posts
LoL. It is still pricey considering a top end ICE Kia is lower. Now I am so set on getting this car that in my mind I am justifying the price by less gas payments, helping the environment and that the car has a lot more recycled material in it than other brands....and of course potentially being the first kid on the block with this car is also a cool thought.

Just being honest🤓
Other benefits to consider:
  • Lower maintenance costs
  • Less TIME lost to dealer doing maintenance
    • [Has anyone noticed that maintenance trips often precede the need to do repairs in older vehicles? I can't say this is linked, but fiddling around under there could - accidentally or not - lead to something failing earlier]
  • No harmful ICE fumes in the garage (I'm super conscious of this when my young kid walks behind the car)
  • No more trips to smelly, dirty gas stations.
    • No more breathing hydrocarbon fumes while - and after - filling
  • Get up every day with a full "tank." (No more trips where you get up and realize you may not have enough gas to get to your first destination, but you didn't leave enough time to stop for gas either.
Health costs money. Time costs money. So preserving these things saves money. :)
And a lot of these things lead to more enjoyment & better mental health. "Quality of life improves quantity of life," in my books :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Other benefits to consider:
  • Lower maintenance costs
  • Less TIME lost to dealer doing maintenance
    • [Has anyone noticed that maintenance trips often precede the need to do repairs in older vehicles? I can't say this is linked, but fiddling around under there could - accidentally or not - lead to something failing earlier]
  • No harmful ICE fumes in the garage (I'm super conscious of this when my young kid walks behind the car)
  • No more trips to smelly, dirty gas stations.
    • No more breathing hydrocarbon fumes while - and after - filling
  • Get up every day with a full "tank." (No more trips where you get up and realize you may not have enough gas to get to your first destination, but you didn't leave enough time to stop for gas either.
Health costs money. Time costs money. So preserving these things saves money. :)
And a lot of these things lead to more enjoyment & better mental health. "Quality of life improves quantity of life," in my books :)
My home energy auditer said her carbon monoxide detector can pick up increases inside the house from a car running in an attached garage even with the garage door open. So yeah, be careful running your car in the garage!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes. Some of us were speculating on the delay in pricing in another thread. Bee thinking iZEV has a lot to do with it and Hyundai’s pricing some of it lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also a note for those in Ontario, emailed liberal candidate for riding about their proposed EV Credit and got this response:

Leea forwarded your question to me about EV incentives. The promise was made a few weeks ago. It makes no mention of timing of implementation, so I would suggest it is unlikely that the OLP would provide financial incentives retroactive to a date prior to the election. The most likely outcome would be that it would come into effect when the OLP tables its first budget. Here is a link on the OLP website: https://ontarioliberal.ca/ontario-liberals-announce-incentive-on-electric-vehicles-and-charging-stations/
So hope for a delivery after June 2nd if you're in Ontario...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts