Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

It wasn't quite the full reveal we might have been expecting, but Kia did show the first official images of the Concept EV9. The official full reveal will happen at next week's LA Auto Show (Nov. 17 @ 11:15 am PST).

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior

Gear shift Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Grille Communication Device

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's the press release from Kia. It honestly doesn't say much of anything (kudos to the person who managed to make zero details into five paragraphs!), but it's interesting to see how Kia is positioning this.

From Kia:
Kia Concept EV9 hints at an exciting ideation for its next all-electric SUV
  • Bold exterior highlights Kia’s pioneering electric vehicle design language
  • Interior images show state-of-the-art tech, including an adaptive and smart lounge space
  • Kia Concept EV9 set for global debut at AutoMobility LA on November 17

(Seoul) November 11, 2021 – Kia today revealed the first official images of the Kia Concept EV9, an all-electric SUV concept that embodies the company’s commitment to become a sustainable mobility solutions provider.

Following the launch of EV6, the Kia Concept EV9 is an intriguing glimpse into the future direction of the all-electric SUV, combining progressive design, state-of-the-art tech, and an advanced all-electric powertrain in one pioneering package.

The first visuals of the concept SUV show an ultramodern exterior design, the schematics of which hint at a contemporary recreational treatment that’s brought to the fore by an upright and capable stylistic stance.

The renderings illustrate a highly conceptual cabin that has been honed to give the driver and passengers a light, flexible and adaptive interior space as the experience of the journey evolves. A stunning interactive ultra-wide display and a radical new take on the traditional steering wheel are just two of the standout interior features.

The Kia Concept EV9 preview images have been revealed ahead of AutoMobility LA, which starts next week. Kia will unveil its all-new electrifying take on the SUV form at 11:15 a.m. (PST) on November 17 at the LA Convention Center.

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
Agreed! The name obviously suggests it will be bigger than the EV6. I suppose even if they keep that car's wheelbase, they have enough room for a large SUV. But these photos are making me wonder.
the platform can be moved, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 is on the same platform but the wheel base is in different positions so they maybe able to stretch it a little more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agreed! The name obviously suggests it will be bigger than the EV6. I suppose even if they keep that car's wheelbase, they have enough room for a large SUV. But these photos are making me wonder.
Apparently the EV9 and Hyundai Ioniq 7 are expected to be similar to the Telluride and Palisade.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If kIa is positioning this as the 9th place and Hyundai as the 7th, what does Hyundai have in mind beyond their large SUV? I assume a grand tourer coupé could fill in the Ioniq 8 or Ioniq 9 spot.

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
for me, what came to mind first was the Kia Mohave.
Not a car we get in the UK and I for one am glad we do not as that's like a brick, plus in the UK we would never found any parking space for that monster SUV.

One thing I love about the USA is you know how to build car parking spaces for big cars, in the UK is like all are parking spaces were built for mini cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts