Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hyundai/Kia should go all electric since they botched Gen 3(?) motors…. in how many vehicles? A million plus?

Wow, did not know about that! Really not good...

Forgot to also add VW to the list of companies that would not sign the COP26 agreement to phase out ICE.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow, did not know about that! Really not good...

Forgot to also add VW to the list of companies that would not sign the COP26 agreement to phase out ICE.
Kia was once reliable but the last Gen or so of motors have been problematic.

VW is weird. They are trying to go all electric and yet they won’t sign the agreement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I agree, hard to explain VW and Tesla...I hope they were not paying attention, and it is just an oversight...
Tesla probably wasn't invited. I don't know.... it's not like Tesla makes combustion/gas anything.

VW might still want to keep gas/diesel for semi-trucks and vans? They have businesses around the world.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Every car company has recalls for fire related concerns. Just google Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, VW fires and enjoy!
Except those companies didn’t have to shell out $750 million plus to replace the engines.

At least Hyundai owned up with Kona and are pay $900M to replace Kona EV batteries

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@voxel, really...? Everyone that makes cars deals with expensive recalls and fires. No one is exempt.

Toyota
Honda
Subaru
Honda Fires
Toyota Fires
Tesla Fires
Yes, but rates at which fires occur have varied among these cases...And, soon it may be less of a concern in general, as LFP batteries that Tesla is soon going to use in nearly all of its vehicles, have substantially lower fire risk, in addition to not using cobalt and allowing use of the full 100% battery capacity. Let's hope that Kia and others transition to LFPs or something with similar improvements...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts