Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Still happening. This has been going on for months now. Why are you unable to fix it?
We've been unable to recreate it on our end (outside of maybe one time). However, those screenshots will help. Giving them to the dev team now.

Edit: Although, a coworker just had it happen to him...so thats actually encouraging.

-Mike

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Do you guys find this happens instantly or after a certain amount of time has passed? Daniel can now accurately get this to happen after 5 minutes, almost on the dot. Myself, still can't recreate...but we're now at least making some progress.

-Mike

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Can someone provide a screenshot of the crash WITH console open? I need this tab specifically:

(right click on the page, inspect)

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Paper

It needs to be console and not any of others.

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my laptop (where i can open 'console') it doesn't crash, only on my iPhone and iPad. On the iPad it crashes both in Safari and Chrome. Is there a way to get the information you need, on an iPad?
This is what i get on my laptop, so far without crashes.

Rectangle Font Pattern Number Circle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everybody. New member here - but I’ve been lurking in the shadows for months :) .

I have this problem too, and it’s very irritating. Someone said that it isn’t very intruding if you’re just reading - put I’m sure the last 50% or so of the video below will convince you that it is.

It’s recorded on my Ipad Air 4. generation, IOS 15.1, and I’m browsing in Safari. I have also tried browsing the site in Chrome and Microsoft Edge - but with the same result.

To add to this I can say that when I search for something on the site and see the hits the page DOESN’T reload. Only after clicking on a specific thread.

Also when I joined your community and entered the necessary information the page DIDN’T reload either.

I hope this can be somewhat helpful.

I wrote this post in IOS Note and pasted it here because of this problem.

·
Administrator
49 Posts
We have forwarded this information to the developers. Seems to be a little tricky to pinpoint since it only impacts some users and a very small number of forums, but as we have been able to recreate it even on our end (I personally experience it too), we are aware of the impact and trying to get it resolved.

Hopefully we will get this sorted soon.

Daniel

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Cartoon Vertebrate Mammal Organism Gesture

We are making progress on this bug. I had the chance to chat with a handful of our developers today and they got to witness the error first hand (as my PC manages to get the bug too). They got to see the error and I have provided several screenshots of the crash over the past week. They will be bumping up the priority and trying to get this sorted ASAP now that they know exactly what is happening and how it impacts the site.

Thanks for your patience while we got this bug sorted out.

Daniel

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just noticed that when I browse kiaownersclub.co.uk everything works fine and the page never reloads.

This might be interesting since that site seems to be built on the same template as this site. Seems identical.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I gave up in the end - it is unusable in Safari.

I access this forum using an alternative browser - DuckDuck Go.

·
Administrator
49 Posts
I just noticed that when I browse kiaownersclub.co.uk everything works fine and the page never reloads.

This might be interesting since that site seems to be built on the same template as this site. Seems identical.
So far, we have identified 4 forums that seem to be impacted by this, which is odd since we have well over 1000 running the same software and features. Our developers are continuing to investigate what is causing this to happen, but they can see that there is a large amount of memory usage and this seems to be directly related to the errors.

I don't have a timeframe for the fix as they are still investigating it, but they have considered it a higher priority as it has a significant impact on the forum.

Daniel

61 - 80 of 80 Posts