Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's because a provincial law states that no other fees can be added on top of the advertised price!

So, the line "Dealer may charge up to $899 admin fee where applicable." specifies where applicable because it's not applicable in Quebec. It would be illegal (apparently)

I had a pretty good scare with this since I thought that pricing had increased and that we were now over the 45k & 55k limits for the federal subsidy

Font Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
23 Posts
The MSRP having increased on Kia Canada website (47k for EV6 Light, and 55.1k for EV6 Wing RWD) means it doesn't qualify for the Federal subsidy anymore???

View attachment 3997

My understanding is as long as the base model is under the $45000 then all models in that lineup qualify for the rebate. That’s why Kia’s base is just under.
Edit: this is today’s price in Ontario, which qualifies for the $5000 rebate.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
122 Posts
So, the line "Dealer may charge up to $899 admin fee where applicable." specifies where applicable because it's not applicable in Quebec. It would be illegal (apparently)
Pretty sure it would still be legal in Quebec. Quebec does not have a law against extra charges, it has a law for advertised "all-in" pricing. Since Kia.ca isn't selling the car themselves, but the dealer is, the dealer really has to adhere to that law when advertising a car from inventory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts