Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading of known or speculative reasons for delayed deliveries, and would like to know how many UK forum members have actually taken delivery of their EV6 and which models have been delivered. Speaking to my dealer on Thursday he checked on known orders which are currently heading for UK, whereas he could see Earth and GT line cars on their way to the UK he was unable to see any GT line-S cars in the pipeline. Has anyone taken delivery in November or December?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I keep reading of known or speculative reasons for delayed deliveries, and would like to know how many UK forum members have actually taken delivery of their EV6 and which models have been delivered. Speaking to my dealer on Thursday he checked on known orders which are currently heading for UK, whereas he could see Earth and GT line cars on their way to the UK he was unable to see any GT line-S cars in the pipeline. Has anyone taken delivery in November or December?
I have a GT Line S AWD in white. I didn’t take the heat pump option.

Ordered 24th September. Picked up 1st week in December.

Within a week of ordering the dealer told me it would arrive end of November\ start of December and that’s what happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We ordered our GT Line S RWD in White back on 17 October and we received it on 27 December, from Grimsby Stoneacre Kia. Ours was originally due 8 December. Vehicle arrived at Immingham port a week later, but then was delayed while they checked all of the vehicles for the heating issue and performed a necessary update rather than recalling later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered GT Line S AWD Yacht blue( no heat pump) on 27 August for delivery March 22.
26 October test drive of EV6,told then delivery would be early December.
6 December car at dealers.I was in no rush to collect at that time,wanted any software or other possible issues sorted before collection.
3 January is collection day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GT Line RWD Matt Grey with Heat Pump. Ordered May and delivered end of October - first one out of the door at my dealership and before they had their demo car...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Kia EV6 GT-Line S AWD with Heat Pump in Pearlescent White. 2 x Infotainment updates, and one dealer update. Ordered 5th May 2012 (after advanced ordering) delivered 19th November 2012 Two small issues: theft alarm goes off when parked away from home after around 5 minutes unless I turn Advanced Alarm off, and the figures listed under Energy Consumption in the Kia Connect app are garbled but the correct numbers can be got from the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GT Line RWD Matt Grey with Heat Pump. Ordered May and delivered end of October - first one out of the door at my dealership and before they had their demo car...
Hi harrim99, how are you liking the matte grey?

·
Registered
193 Posts
This thread is quite frustrating to read at times.....seeing people order after me but receive their cars before. Only difference from some is that I ordered with the heat pump.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love it but have to admit am a tad worried about its maintenance. Hoping no chips scratches and may investigate some paint protection.

I had a London cabbie stop me last night to say he really liked my car!
I'm planning to ceramic coat mine, can't decide between paying a pro or using one of the many DIY kits that are promoted on YouTube. Too many choices and I would hate to mess it up !!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm going to pay a pro to do it.

As you say if they mess it up they have to pay to sort it out, although looking on YouTube does make it look easy, but most of the time it is someone who has done it before and has all the tools/facility to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread is quite frustrating to read at times.....seeing people order after me but receive their cars before. Only difference from some is that I ordered with the heat pump.
Same frustration here but different story, preordered in May - car originally did arrive in October but faulty windscreen, seems Kia are incapable of replacing it so have now been bumped to a new arrival mid Jan after over 2 months waiting for said windscreen - and a replacement which was also faulty! (and only got any clarification after contacting Kia directly, worth a try if dealer not getting anywhere). I guess at least the new one shouldn't have heating issue. Gt- line in white, no HP

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Ordered a GT Line S AWD with Heatpump in Yacht Blue at the beginning of July 2021 expect delivery sometime in 2022, car is already late on the promised delivery date, at time of order was informed October / November.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Same as me.

Then you see lesser spec cars being delivered with Heatpump only to be told that another item on the GT Line S is now out of stock delaying the build of GT Line S.

By the time the missing part arrives it will be the Heatpump again and we will keep going round in circles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered my GT-Line S, AWD with heat pump in Steel Matte Grey on day one of orders in May.

Latest estimated delivery time is March 2022

1 - 20 of 139 Posts