Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S AWD with Heat Pump
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a call from my (UK) dealer. My order was placed in October 2021 for delivery in March 2022; now the date has slipped back to "Late May, June".

I'm not thinking of cancelling the order - I still think the EV6 is the right car - but I will be keeping an eye on the market in case other options arise...

·
Registered
11 Posts
that's worrying. Ordered AWD black with heat pump in November not been told of any delay. expecting March delivery. If June might cancel and see what else is arriving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Chris,

I had originally ordered the same one in grey with a March delivery. But I went for a RWD so I could get it in December.

This morning I got a call saying that my initial date of the 3rd of December (yes it was already late) has been move "indefinetely" until they fix the heating issue.
I guess they had to cancel production for all AWD at the same time so they can focus on this issue.
I'm hoping to get my car in January ...

·
Registered
926 Posts
I chatted with my Kia dealer yesterday again, I am now delayed on the GT Line RWD in white with HP as well but not because of the heating issues it seems, supposed to be 22nd December but now moved. The car is built and on a ship somewhere, likely with the heating issue... But it gets into port 17th December and then the expected time to get it off the ship and move it to where it needs to be in order to be transported to the local Kia dealer in my town is now 22nd December leaving very little time before Christmas shut down. It may be here on Christmas Eve, it may not. They told me, it may even be January 3rd latest by the time everyone comes back from Christmas/New Year break. Bad timing I guess. Plus the PDI needs done, any update work carried out etc etc etc... Sorry to hear you guys are delayed. It is a shame.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've not had any communication from my dealer yet. Will leave it until after Christmas and then get in touch if I've not heard anything. I'm paying £450 a month to hire a car until mine is ready so a 3 month delay is costing me money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took delivery of my blue RWD GT Line 16 Nov and encountered heating issues which stopped working totally, returned the car to the dealer 3 Dec and got a petrol Sportage in the meantime. Car needs software and hardware upgrade don’t think that will be done before the New Year but here’s hoping !

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
Interesting that some are saying ordered in October / November and delivery pushed back, I ordered first week of July ands still not had any news on delivery.

Will be 6 months and counting at the end of this month.

• Sad
Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting that some are saying ordered in October / November and delivery pushed back, I ordered first week of July ands still not had any news on delivery.

Will be 6 months and counting at the end of this month.
Ordered mine in September, I guess it depends how hard the dealer looked for what was available and which spec you wanted. The upside is all issues on early cars will be sorted when you take delivery.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Ordered mine in September, I guess it depends how hard the dealer looked for what was available and which spec you wanted.
Mine was a pre-order and was on Kia booking system from the 1st of July AWD Blue with heater.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've not had any communication from my dealer yet. Will leave it until after Christmas and then get in touch if I've not heard anything. I'm paying £450 a month to hire a car until mine is ready so a 3 month delay is costing me money.
May I ask where you are hiring the 'stop gap' car from? I can't seem to find anything that reasonable! Many thanks. Awaiting delivery of my Red GT-Line S w/o Heat Pump through work salary sacrifice scheme - saying Feb delivery but not holding out that much hope!

·
Registered
51 Posts
All I can add to the discussion is that kia use EUKOR to ship their cars. One of their RORO ships docked at Immingham today and two more are scheduled in January. Let's hope some of the outstanding orders are on them. I know from reading other forum posts that sometimes the dealers don't hear anything until the cars roll off the ship.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
May I ask where you are hiring the 'stop gap' car from?
I use All-Inclusive Electric Car Subscriptions | Onto (I have a referral code which gets £50 off I think).

I chose them as whilst it's not necessarily the cheapest, it's certainly the most flexible. It's a rolling monthly contract and all inclusive with 1,000 miles a month, insurance, breakdown cover and charging on Instavolt, Shell and BP Pulse (although I don't public charge all that often).

It's the flexibility that I wanted mainly. With not knowing exactly when my new car will be delivered, being able to just keep this hire rolling and hand back when I'm ready is worth the extra costs.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Interesting news on delivery, I was told 17th to 22nd Dec for car making it over to dock in UK. Or something like this, wonder if this is actually true and the car is going to be early or on time as they suggest. Unless it’s stuck on a January ship. Time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
I use All-Inclusive Electric Car Subscriptions | Onto (I have a referral code which gets £50 off I think).

I chose them as whilst it's not necessarily the cheapest, it's certainly the most flexible. It's a rolling monthly contract and all inclusive with 1,000 miles a month, insurance, breakdown cover and charging on Instavolt, Shell and BP Pulse (although I don't public charge all that often).

It's the flexibility that I wanted mainly. With not knowing exactly when my new car will be delivered, being able to just keep this hire rolling and hand back when I'm ready is worth the extra costs.
Just looked and to get anything near to my VW Tiguan is going to cost over 1000 pounds per month. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
504 Posts
Like I said, it's not cheap. I'm in a Peugeot e-208 instead of the Model S that I sold but it does the job of getting me around town and dropping the kids off to school and then in to work so it's fine for me but I appreciate others might need a more suitable car further up the pay scale. It's the fact I can keep the car or just hand it back that I like for now but I'd never want to use this as a long term solution.

On the flip side... I'm driving a car that I'd never usually look at and I'm actually really enjoying it :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts