Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new owner and i have the car for about 5 days now. I have question on Charging using Level 2 at home.

I have the Morec Charger 16 Amps. Every time i plug in the charger, i have to go to the KIA Connect App and click Start Charging. Do i need to do this all the time or just plug it in and it will start by it self?

TIA

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
183 Posts
Do you have scheduled charging setup? Maybe its not charging right away because of this. Make sure this is off. Ill give this a try, and see if mine does the same. Think this might be it. Does the woman's voice say Charging Started?

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
183 Posts
Thank you for the info. I will double check the Charging Schedule
I tried add schedule, it still started charge as soon as I plugged it in. I thinking maybe its the charger. Normally it send a signal as soon as you plug it in making the handshake and says its safe to send power. How long have you owned the Morec? Has it been used on other EVs? If its new, I would contact Morec, they might send a replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TWCZ3. Its charging fine. I'm just curios why when i connect the charger in the Car, they Car Alert states its Charging and i see it in the Car Dashboard.

I go to my KIA Connect App and showing " Not Charging" so i have to manually Tap the Start Charging on the phone then it will update to " Charging"

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Thanks TWCZ3. Its charging fine. I'm just curios why when i connect the charger in the Car, they Car Alert states its Charging and i see it in the Car Dashboard.

I go to my KIA Connect App and showing " Not Charging" so i have to manually Tap the Start Charging on the phone then it will update to " Charging"
The app is not great with refreshing status. I connected to a free L2 charger this morning. The car and the charger clearly showed charging, but when I looked at the app, it said not charging and my doors were unlocked. But if you look at the top of the app, it shows when the app last refreshed. In my case today, it was from yesterday. I had to refresh the status, and after about a minute, it finally showed accurately.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess the positive is an automatic refresh might wake up the car system unnecessarily, I really don't know if that would be significant. However, the wait for the update is longer than I would like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do i unlock/ release the Charging cable off the Car? Right now i been using " Stop Charging " in the KIA Connect App, seems the Charging Cable is locked if i just pull it directly from the car without clicking the "Stop Charging ". TIA

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
252 Posts
How do i unlock/ release the Charging cable off the Car? Right now i been using " Stop Charging " in the KIA Connect App, seems the Charging Cable is locked if i just pull it directly from the car without clicking the "Stop Charging ". TIA
Click the unlock button on your remote and remove the charging cable within 15 seconds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but from other posts I've read, the locked connector is an option you can change. It exists to stop someone else from disconnecting the cable while you charge in a public place. To unlock it you either need to have the app or a (remote) key to unlock the car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
FYI, if you DO have a charging schedule set for instance to avoid peak charge hours, when you plug in, the car will announce "charging scheduled" and NOT charge immediately. If you're at a public charger and actually want to override it to charge now, you can change the schedule of course, but you can also click the lightning bolt button next to the charge port. That means "ignore the schedule and charge now."

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD Extended
89 Posts

My app updates every 15 minutes so unless you do a manual update there is a delay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts