Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my EV6 for about 2 months. This was the first time I got down to 20%, I set my car up to charge last night at 9:00pm. It is now 8:00am and I am only at 73%, have I do not sometime wrong??

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have had my EV6 for about 2 months. This was the first time I got down to 20%, I set my car up to charge last night at 9:00pm. It is now 8:00am and I am only at 73%, have I do not sometime wrong??
What is the amp rating? That would be about right if it's only 16A or 24A. Have you confirmed you don't have the car set to a reduced rate?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use the ENEL X Juicebox, capable of 40 amp with a NEMA 14-50 plug and a 50 foot extension cord and a 2 tiered Kobalt cart I purchased from Lowes. I purchased the charger via Costco.com because using the cart and extension cord, the Costco model is 20 foot cord, not 25 ft on the charger, but is about $100 less. This charger is easy to hook up to wifi, works very well, sends notifications and emails for charging parameters, starting, stop, delaying for time of use, etc. What I like best is that the user can set the amperage draw up to 40 amps. Mine is installed on a 50 amp circuit that is not dedicated to the charger alone, so if I pull all 40 amps, I may trip the breaker if an AC motor or furnace motor starts. I set it down to 35 amps in the phone app and never had a problem since. It charges at about 7.74 kW/hour set like this. By setting up with an extension cord and cart, I can park my car in lots of places besides the garage to charge it and can also charge visitor's to our home car's if needed. Also, manually starting and stopping charging outside of time of use cheaper rates is very easy. So in summary it is very flexible in output, very informative to the user, the app is shareable with others in the household. It's UL listed, 3 year warranty and i get nothing for promoting it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The first time I used my Charge Point level 2 charger i hadn‘t down loaded their app and linked it to my car the the charge was quite slow. Could that be your problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts