Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my 4 week old EV6 suddenly stopped responding to the accelerator pedal and "20 mph" flashed on the dashboard. I pulled off, shut off the car, got out and locked it, got back in and restarted, and the problem went away. I took it to my local Kia dealer and they said there was no error code and they found nothing on visual inspection. They said this was "limp mode" and they've no idea why it went into limp mode or if it will do so again. I've got a 2000 mile drive with the wife and kids coming up in 9 days. Anyone have a clue what this was or what to do?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So...my 4 week old EV6 suddenly stopped responding to the accelerator pedal and "20 mph" flashed on the dashboard. I pulled off, shut off the car, got out and locked it, got back in and restarted, and the problem went away. I took it to my local Kia dealer and they said there was no error code and they found nothing on visual inspection. They said this was "limp mode" and they've no idea why it went into limp mode or if it will do so again. I've got a 2000 mile drive with the wife and kids coming up in 9 days. Anyone have a clue what this was or what to do?
That's very disconcerting, I'd find another dealer to take a look and also call Kia Consumer assistance and open a case. Kia Consumer Assistance Center

1 - 4 of 4 Posts