Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts on here of disappointment that you can't lock car doors by pressing the lock door button, on the door, prior to exiting.

I've not tried this on the back doors, but once you exit the vehicle either by the passenger or driver side, press the door opening handle the opposite way (inward) and all door lock, indicators flash, and mirrors fold 馃憤

Registered
I've seen a few posts on here of disappointment that you can't lock car doors by pressing the lock door button, on the door, prior to exiting.

I've not tried this on the back doors, but once you exit the vehicle either by the passenger or driver side, press the door opening handle the opposite way (inward) and all door lock, indicators flash, and mirrors fold 馃憤
Thanks, hadn't discovered this yet. Very useful.

Registered
Currently drive a Cadillac SRX and will be receiving my GT-Line AWD next month. Question: I got so use to having my SRX lock 10 seconds after I leave the car. Any way to set the EV6 to automatically lock after I leave the car?

Registered
Speaking strictly from a devil's advocate position--have we gotten to the point where it's apparently too much to even bother to press a simple button to lock the car doors that we're talking about how it would be nice to have auto-lock doors so that we won't have to deal with remembering to lock them ourselves? I'm surprised some of you haven't already started asking for a similar feature to be available to auto-close windows too so that you won't have to remember to press a button to close them yourselves. ;)

Registered
Speaking strictly from a devil's advocate position--have we gotten to the point where it's apparently too much to even bother to press a simple button to lock the car doors that we're talking about how it would be nice to have auto-lock doors so that we won't have to deal with remembering to lock them ourselves? I'm surprised some of you haven't already started asking for a similar feature to be available to auto-close windows too so that you won't have to remember to press a button to close them yourselves. ;)
I'm 82 and I remember, about 55 years ago, when my brother-in-law purchased a car with air conditioning. I thought that was a total waste of money. You don't need air-conditioning--just open the windows. So, like many other things in our life, we cannot see a need for something until we have and use it. I find it very nice to know that my car will be locked when I leave the car, especially if it is raining or snowing. It is also a safety issue. I think my first car had a speedometer and a gas gage. Compare that to all the information we now have available on the dash of the EV6!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm 82 and I remember, about 55 years ago, when my brother-in-law purchased a car with air conditioning. I thought that was a total waste of money. You don't need air-conditioning--just open the windows. So, like many other things in our life, we cannot see a need for something until we have and use it. I find it very nice to know that my car will be locked when I leave the car, especially if it is raining or snowing. It is also a safety issue. I think my first car had a speedometer and a gas gage. Compare that to all the information we now have available on the dash of the EV6!!!
Remember wing mirrors where you had to drill holes in the wings 馃槻 to fit your own, also the radio aerial 馃槈 and spot lamps wired with speaker cable 馃槀 straight to the car battery. And welding repairs using two car batteries, negative to body and positive to welding rod, spot welding biscuit tin to sills, - throw in some sticky dirt to cover, and hey presto... MOT prod pass 馃挴

Oh to reminisce 馃憤

Registered
Speaking strictly from a devil's advocate position--have we gotten to the point where it's apparently too much to even bother to press a simple button to lock the car doors
Funny, I've been seeing these complaints for a while about the doors not auto-locking, and felt the same way. My previous car didn't auto-lock, and it was never an issue. But now that I have my car, I kind of agree that it's a slight annoyance. I don't necessarily mind that it doesn't auto-lock, but locking isn't as quick/seamless as my previous car. With it, I would just brush the outside of one of the handles as I walked away and it would instantly beep and lock. I'd typically use the rear door, because I was usually walking out of a parking space. Although I haven't tested it, I assume the rear doors don't have a sensor since there's no indent. But more importantly, the sensors aren't nearly as quick or sensitive. You have to press it, then wait a second or two for any response to see if it took. I'm beginning to think it may just be easier to get back in the habit of the "old-school" method of reaching in my pocket and pressing the button on the remote.

First world problems. 馃槈

Registered

Sorry. So you push the handles back so it鈥檚 flush with the door?

Registered
With the KIA app now letting you know that you left your doors unlocked, you would be surprised how many people walk away from their car forgetting to lock their door. And depending on where you live, some neighborhoods you'll find people checking for unlocked doors.

With an auto lock feature like I have on my BMW, it's extremely useful. For now I can settle with the App notification and locking the car through the app. It's also fun if you have an apple watch and you can lock it right from your wrist from however far away

Registered
So long as your key is near the car, I believe, not tried it without, say in your pocket, press the handle inwards, just a tad, and it'll lock up. You can do this from both driver and passenger doors 馃憤
I tried this today, I manually pushed the driver's handle in, and nothing happened. The doors didn't lock, and the other handles stayed out. Until I touched the indent that does that anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts