Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide an AZ Dealership that :
Does not add on Marketing Adjustment Fees
Does not add on Dealer Add Ons I don’t need like Exterior and Interior coatings , alarm systems, etc, which cannot be removed to reduce pricing
I don’t mind paying full sticker at this time
And if I can find one, purchase our EV 6 I will be sure to share in all the EV clubs I am a member in. In return...Let the “volume sales” be their reward!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Royal Kia in Tucson was the closest I found. No market adjustment, but they do have dealer add-ons. Jim Click and Lawley were both out off their mind, but I was able to talk the latter down to the price that we both found acceptable. Buying at the end of the month, and having a popular trade-in, definitely helped negotiations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Royal Kia in Tucson was the closest I found. No market adjustment, but they do have dealer add-ons. Jim Click and Lawley were both out off their mind, but I was able to talk the latter down to the price that we both found acceptable. Buying at the end of the month, and having a popular trade-in, definitely helped negotiations.
THANK YOU for sharing!
I am trying to place an actual order through a dealership in Kingman, AZ. If it works our I will report back as Jenell there has been amazing to navigate to "where we are".. Of course I am at the mercy of KIA's build and delivery, which could be months away... Let's hope this mess improves for all! I am sure it is the same for all high demand EVs

We test drove an EV6 at Lawley. It just wasn't the color we wanted. I didn't have our trade in either for a concrete assessment but yes they had the Mkt Adj Fee to talk through😞
Our trade in was actually bought at a ROYAL (different brand/place) and YES they have their own ADD ONS. Forever Warranty and all the jazz!

I think the future will be like TESLA, just order on line All getting the same ON LINE current pricing with approx delivery

Exciting...Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you know why the dealers want your trade in? It is to give you less on the value on your car and "pretend" to give you a break on the purchase of the new vehicle.

I had my car appraised when going to the dealer. The offer was okay but I thought I could do better. That and they had a $5000 theft markup on the EV6. By doing a little leg work and going around to dealerships that wanted to buy my car, I received an offer almost $3000 more than the trade in value. Unfortunately for me, I drug my feet on getting the EV6. I cannot find any dealers that are not price gouging. That is on me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes They play their games…
I have the values sell vs trade from KBB and others Even Carvana and Vroom. So when the right EV 6 lands I can try to move fast being better informed !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you know why the dealers want your trade in? It is to give you less on the value on your car and "pretend" to give you a break on the purchase of the new vehicle.

I had my car appraised when going to the dealer. The offer was okay but I thought I could do better. That and they had a $5000 theft markup on the EV6. By doing a little leg work and going around to dealerships that wanted to buy my car, I received an offer almost $3000 more than the trade in value. Unfortunately for me, I drug my feet on getting the EV6. I cannot find any dealers that are not price gouging. That is on me.
I have the values sell vs trade from KBB and others Even Carvana and Vroom. So when the right EV 6 lands I can try to move fast being better informed

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the values sell vs trade from KBB and others Even Carvana and Vroom. So when the right EV 6 lands I can try to move fast being better informed !
You may already know this but this is how I played it. I went to Carmax and received an offer. Carmax offers are good for 7 days. I did the KBB and Edmunds giving my car info. Prospective dealers who want used cars will reached out. I went to see them with Carmax quote in hand. I showed them the Carmax header but not the quote. They insisted on knowing what Carmax amount was but I wouldn't tell them. In the end one dealer gave me a few thousand more than Carmax. I didn't haggle and thought it was a great offer. I didn't bargain with them but just accepted it as I did not want to behave like some of these KIA dealers, lol.

All the time was very courteous and nice to all the car folks who wanted my car. I am sure at times they have unpleasant experiences. I think it helps. Good luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
You may already know this but this is how I played it. I went to Carmax and received an offer. Carmax offers are good for 7 days. I did the KBB and Edmunds giving my car info. Prospective dealers who want used cars will reached out. I went to see them with Carmax quote in hand. I showed them the Carmax header but not the quote. They insisted on knowing what Carmax amount was but I wouldn't tell them. In the end one dealer gave me a few thousand more than Carmax. I didn't haggle and thought it was a great offer. I didn't bargain with them but just accepted it as I did not want to behave like some of these KIA dealers, lol.

All the time was very courteous and nice to all the car folks who wanted my car. I am sure at times they have unpleasant experiences. I think it helps. Good luck
Curios. If you bring in your trade in, then the dealer has your VIN. What stops them from going online and getting the exact amount Carmax, carvana Vroom etc are offering for your car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

THX!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curios. If you bring in your trade in, then the dealer has your VIN. What stops them from going online and getting the exact amount Carmax, carvana Vroom etc are offering for your car?
They may not bother "while you are there" In my case the VIN tells them 98% of the items in the car but I have some add ons that Dealer would not know unless I shared it... Like THX audio system, larger premium wheels, etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts