Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont want to give into war profiteering, so can anyone point me to a dealership selling ev6s at msrp anywhere in the continental US. I am willing to travel to get one.
Read this post in "New Wind AWD from NW Indiana" and others.

Spent a couple of weeks emailing dealers (25+) before I finally found one that had an available EV6 at MSRP. Hopped on the Amtrak and picked it up from LaFontaine Kia in Dearborn, MI; no markup, no pressure for extras- Ace is highly recommended. Loving it so far, just a few observations from the ~4 hour drive home.
  • Averaged about 2.5mi/kWh, but I decided to drive it like a regular car: 75-80 keeping up with faster traffic and HVAC on auto, plus it was a decent headwind. More than enough range though.
  • Stopped at an EA, had 0 issues and deducted from free 1000kWh. Was about 30F out and went from 30-80% in about 30 mins. Ran about 70kW at first but eventually saw 130kW+ for a while, pretty happy with that given the temp. (Plus saw a Lucid charging so that was neat)
  • Was plenty comfortable for the duration. I'm 6'1" so part of the reason I picked the wind was for the extra headroom, no issue there.
  • As other people on here have said, the volume adjustment is odd, have to get it over 50 before it's anywhere near loud.
  • Same thing with some vibration on the highway, like when a wheel is out of balance. It seems like it lessened as the miles went on, so the running theory about flat spots from shipping may be right. If it persists after 500 miles or so I'll take it in though.
Overall very happy, even in eco mode with just the rear motor there is plenty of punch, and sport is just a blast. Looking forward to getting some more miles on it this weekend :cool:

View attachment 3415

View attachment 3416

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont want to give into war profiteering, so can anyone point me to a dealership selling ev6s at msrp anywhere in the continental US. I am willing to travel to get one.
I got my FE from Peak Kia in Littleton, CO. That’s after the dealer closest to my house didn’t commit to not marking up the car after I got the reservation last summer. Their website shows two with no markup, one’s even discounted. They had 6+ two weeks ago so move fast, I suppose. Good luck.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
I got my FE from Peak Kia in Littleton, CO. That’s after the dealer closest to my house didn’t commit to not marking up the car after I got the reservation last summer. Their website shows two with no markup, one’s even discounted. They had 6+ two weeks ago so move fast, I suppose. Good luck.
i got mine at Peak Kia North in Windsor, CO. Kerry Kennicutt is awesome. It’s in transit now to me in California.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Seems all dealers in Florida are marking up from $5k to $10k+
Hooray, markups are falling! Lol.

Back when they first arrived they were asking $25K(3x) and $15K, and $10K(4x). I will wait til fall to look again… I finally have a Mach-E build date and my Ford dealer confirm it be at the old MSRP price too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Freedom Kia in Clarksburg, WV has had a RWD white GT line with floor mats and suede,in the showroom since early Feb.

Selling at MSRP. Id have bought it if it were AWD.
Which MIGHT have been why they were only asking MSRP.

Around here (IL) RWDs definitely sell slower (at least at this time of year), with or without ADM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All the NH dealers I've looked at are marking up $10K but Rowe Auburn, ME and Bill Dodge in Portland, ME both seem to be selling at sticker. I haven't done a full deal with either yet so can't be sure if they try to tack on any extras.
One dealer which I didn't bother to note the name of was adding $390 to each car for Pulse (r), a third brake light flashing thing. You know, the kind of thing that's $10 - $20 on Amazon and is pretty unnecessary.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought one at MSRP this week from Weston Kia in Gresham, OR
Me too, great buying experience. I was in and out with the new car within an hour and I had a trade that I got nearly as much as would have selling to Carvana. Recommend Weston Kia highly, they have a glacier and red Wind in stock right now. New and Used Dealership in Gresham, OR Serving Portland | Weston Kia My sales associate knew exactly what I wanted and when he saw one incoming I put a deposit on it and he reserved it for me. Picked up a week later.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts