Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone have any information on the charger that is offered with the FE ?
Make Model #
With the information I would be able to pick a location for the install and the electrician can pre-wire. If it’s a smart charger there’s different Incentives from the utilities I can look into.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When KIA was still taking names for the wait list there was a place on the reservation page that gave a little detail in the specifics of the "gifts". This is what I downloaded at the time "Charge Point Home Flex Level 2 EV Charger may require professional installation, which is included." However, I can't find the information on the reservation website anymore. On another thread someone was talking to KIA corporate about pricing. They may be able to get an update on the model of charger from their corporate contact. There is definitely a lack of information from KIA considering that the reservations were closed 5 months ago and locked in 2 months ago

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When KIA was still taking names for the wait list there was a place on the reservation page that gave a little detail in the specifics of the "gifts". This is what I downloaded at the time "Charge Point Home Flex Level 2 EV Charger may require professional installation, which is included." However, I can't find the information on the reservation website anymore. On another thread someone was talking to KIA corporate about pricing. They may be able to get an update on the model of charger from their corporate contact. There is definitely a lack of information from KIA considering that the reservations were closed 5 months ago and locked in 2 months ago
Thank you

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had an electrician at my house just this morning and he told me to run an outlet with a NEMA 14-50 in my garage would cost me $600. Basically, $300 for materials and $300 for labor. My choice is the ChargePoint Home Flex as well which can be found at various locations for around $700. Tax CREDIT for this in the US is "up to" $1000 as I understand it, along with the "up to" (read the fine print) $7,500 tax CREDIT that I can apply to my tax bill, this will work for me as long as the tax policy from 2021 carries over to 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2022 Kia Sorento Plug-in Hybrid last month. The level 1 charger that came with the car is horrible. I was searching for a good Level 2 charger. I looked at everything that is out there. I went with the Ford Mach-E Charger. It is a level 2 charger that charges at 30amps. I purchased it at my local Ford dealer for $410 plus tax. My Sorento now charges fully in 2 hours instead of the 8 hours with the charger that came with the car. This Ford charger also comes with a 3-year warranty. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good charger..
Corded phone Audio equipment Gadget Cable Electrical wiring
Sports uniform Smile Sports jersey Shorts Jersey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.