Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my red EV6 GT on February 10th, 2022. I have only seen three other EV6's on the road so far. I feel special!

Driving an electric is a totally different experience. Instant power. The EV6 interior is very sporty and I like the center console controls.

It took a while to get accustomed to the light touch on the screens - and to find many of the options for the car's custom settings. It will be like my iPhone, I'll never learn all the possibilities and settings.

The safety features of blind spot indicators, stay in your lane assistance and auto cruise control are fantastic.

So quiet and the sound system makes any trip enjoyable. I feel stealth, and know that I can out preform most of the noisy cars on the road. I don't have to prove I have the power, but it's there when I need it.

Charging is a social experience. Comparing other electric cars and watching the charging rate in kWh confirms I made the right choice in buying the EV6. One thing is common is we all seem to like our choice of driving an electric car.

A very happy EV6 owner!
Larry O.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bought my red EV6 GT on February 10th, 2022. I have only seen three other EV6's on the road so far. I feel special!

Driving an electric is a totally different experience. Instant power. The EV6 interior is very sporty and I like the center console controls.

It took a while to get accustomed to the light touch on the screens - and to find many of the options for the car's custom settings. It will be like my iPhone, I'll never learn all the possibilities and settings.

The safety features of blind spot indicators, stay in your lane assistance and auto cruise control are fantastic.

So quiet and the sound system makes any trip enjoyable. I feel stealth, and know that I can out preform most of the noisy cars on the road. I don't have to prove I have the power, but it's there when I need it.

Charging is a social experience. Comparing other electric cars and watching the charging rate in kWh confirms I made the right choice in buying the EV6. One thing is common is we all seem to like our choice of driving an electric car.

A very happy EV6 owner!
Larry O.

Welcome and I agree with just about everything you said. I personally have not seen another EV6 "in the wild", but I do love the social aspect of the public charging stations. I got to know more about the ins and outs of several other EV's on the market. Also I've had a few sideways glances when I pull up after say a Mach E and leave before they are done!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are on the EV6 site - so it's OK to say our cars are the best. At a charging station - it's like telling someone their baby is ugly or child is dumb.
I feel I made the right choice - and I'll keep it to myself when around owners of other electric cars.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We are on the EV6 site - so it's OK to say our cars are the best. At a charging station - it's like telling someone their baby is ugly or child is dumb.
I feel I made the right choice - and I'll keep it to myself when around owners of other electric cars.
I agree with you. I didn't do a ton of research before I jumped into the EV6, I've just been a big fan of Kia the last several years but the EV6 is my first EV. I just like learning more about the other options out there and what other owners like and don't like so much. I think the community is still small enough (with plenty of shortages in the market) that there doesn't seem to be any brand animosity out there yet... which is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts