Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT Line, Yacht Blue
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is! Love how it drives, the look, the tech.
I’d like Car Play nav to be integrated into the HUD, but the built-in nav is better than I expected. I want to play with voice commands; it was able to find the coffee place of my choosing this morning as I drove, which I thought was a good sign! ☕

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I had read that in some ppl’s comments, but for me it is crisp and clear. My salesman mentioned how much plastic film was used to protect interior surfaces that had to be removed before delivery. Do you think it’s possible that some of those blurry HUDs could be due to that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
others had mentioned that but said it was not present - did not check mine - but I will do it now.

Have same configuration as yours and love my car as well - its a keeper.

No, I had read that in some ppl’s comments, but for me it is crisp and clear. My salesman mentioned how much plastic film was used to protect interior surfaces that had to be removed before delivery. Do you think it’s possible that some of those blurry HUDs could be due to that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, and to you, too! Are you using voice commands much so far?
I have not. I didn’t on my previous car either. Only when I wanted to call someone. I did try it out once and it didn’t work but I guess I need to copy my contacts first? I haven’t really looked into what else I can do with it.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Congrats on your new EV6! Mine is the exact same as yours and I love it. I hope you enjoy it too. As far as voice commands, I haven't tried them yet (haven't really had a need). I've never owned a car with voice commands so I guess I just don't know what I've been missing. :D I'll get in there and play around with it sometime though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same as my car. when you say the built in Nav is better than you expected ??? Is your's permanently dark..in night mode?
I didn’t know the answer, so I just went out and checked. The nav screen is white when the system is in that mode. Setup > Screen Theme/Layout > White

I guess by better than expected, I meant I didn’t find it clunky or slow to use. It is still easier to type into my phone, but in cases where I would prefer seeing turn info in the HUD, it’s not a big deal to just use the built-in nav instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts