Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way of lowering the volume of the external warning noise made when the EV6 goes into reverse. I get it is a safety feature, but we reverse the car onto the drive and if we are home late I'm pretty sure the noise will be disruptive for our neighbours. Thanks.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way of lowering the volume of the external warning noise made when the EV6 goes into reverse. I get it is a safety feature, but we reverse the car onto the drive and if we are home late I'm pretty sure the noise will be disruptive for our neighbours. Thanks.
I don't know if this will work on the Kia, but this is how I deal with my kid's toys that are too loud & disruptive:

Step 1: Find the speaker.
Step 2: Put tape over it.

;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can disable it entirely by pulling the fuse labeled VESS from the fuse box next to the frunk. If you really want to keep it and only disable it on occasion I suppose you could wire a switch to it and make it accessable from the interior. But that would be even more work than finding the speaker and covering it in tape :-D

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
You can disable it entirely by pulling the fuse labeled VESS from the fuse box next to the frunk. If you really want to keep it and only disable it on occasion I suppose you could wire a switch to it and make it accessable from the interior. But that would be even more work than finding the speaker and covering it in tape :-D
What else is on that powered circuit, or in another way what else quits working with that fuse pulled, if anything? Will the ECM / BCM throw a CEL if that fuse is pulled?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts