Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can you remove a speed limiter?
Currently, the regulation permits you to switch the speed limiter off. Those chasing the thrill of higher top speeds, or looking for better fuel economy may look at modifying their cars by getting the speed limiter removed. However, if you try to exceed your car’s top speed, it can be dangerous and illegal if you cross the legal UK speed limits.

Wonder how long it will be before this is not allowed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wonder how long it will be before this is not allowed?
Not long I would think before the car will actually enforce the speed limit, with a pedal to the floor override. It will all be logged though. At that point I'm going old school analogue.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not long I would think before the car will actually enforce the speed limit, with a pedal to the floor override. It will all be logged though. At that point I'm going old school analogue.
No more need for speed cameras as your car will be the speed camera.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow, nanny state UK at its very best. I get the need for safety but come on, is this for real. We will all be driving clone cars soon, that look the same, do the same speed, borning auto driven cars. Why buy an Audi RS6, Tesla, Kia EV6 GT or a Porsche Taycan or whatever fast car... when it can only 20-70mph....... Kia Picanto...no wait, that's too fast.

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, nanny state UK at its very best. I get the need for safety but come on, is this for real. We will all be driving clone cars soon, that look the same, do the same speed, borning auto driven cars. Why buy an Audi RS6, Tesla, Kia EV6 GT or a Porsche Taycan or whatever fast car... when it can only 20-70mph....... Kia Picanto...no wait, that's too fast.
Soon your just get into a car, sit back, tell it where you want to go and relax.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why buy an Audi RS6, Tesla, Kia EV6 GT or a Porsche Taycan or whatever fast car... when it can only 20-70mph....... Kia Picanto...no wait, that's too fast.
Always felt it was fundamentally pointless buying cars in the UK that can do 130MPH or crazy high figures. The speed limit has been 70MPH in the uk for decades, I'm sure it would be revealing to see the stats on how rarely cars actually exceed 100MPH in the UK, most be a small percentage of a small percentage. Good to have some acceleration and the ability to go somewhat quicker that the speed limit to get out of the occasional bad judgement situation, but frankly I'm fine with a car that maxs out at 112MPH, for the vast vast majority of real world situations its acceleration that's more important.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts