Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the background colour of the map can be changed. It is, at the moment a black background which I assume is the default, I think it looks like a night time setting. Anyone know how to change it ?
I've looked through settings but can't find anything about it but, as I said, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
It's probably extremely obvious so sorry in advance.
Regards
Roychip (Roy)

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Hi all
I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the background colour of the map can be changed. It is, at the moment a black background which I assume is the default, I think it looks like a night time setting. Anyone know how to change it ?
I've looked through settings but can't find anything about it but, as I said, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
It's probably extremely obvious so sorry in advance.
Regards
Roychip (Roy)
If it's anything like the system for our Kia's here in the states, it's default that color on the home screen. When it's dark out and the auto lights come on, it will change the map color to whichever setting you have chosen in the navigation settings menu.

Saying this, I now wonder if you can put the headlights in the full ON position and if it will make that homescreen map always show the night time color...?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hopefully this will explain - from Kia website.

□ [New] Navigation Map "Black" Theme Added
▷ The "Black" theme has been added so that the dark theme can be used for the Map during both daytime and nighttime
- Set the theme by going to [Settings] > [Navigation Settings] > [Map Screen] > [Colour scheme]

external_image

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Murlinator
Thanks so much for your reply, its dark here in London at the moment so I have been to the car and put the map view on, still the black background. I have checked the info from the Kia website you sent and my settings, navigation settings, map view. Doesn't mention "colour scheme". Since putting this question on the forum I have, I believe, discovered that I have not got the latest navigation software. I will approach my dealer on Monday and suggest this maybe the problem, I have also discovered that I have a setting for "3D buildings" before I ticked that box I didn't have any buildings on the map anyway, I thought maybe checking this box would give me lovely 3D buildings but alas, still no buildings let alone 3D. Once I've seen the dealer I'll get back with the answer.
Many Thanks for your help.
Roychip (Roy)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perhaps someone out there knows if this nav. software version is the latest, its the version that was on the car when I got it. I know that the general car software was updated before I took delivery but maybe the navigation software was not.
Navigation Software that was on the car at deliveryversionCV_E.EUR.55W_L.001.001.210719

Thanks in advance for any comments
Roychip (Roy)

-

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks EV6 driver
So I haven't got up to date nav. software.
once I've got a big enough usb stick I'll download and install it. hopefully it'll put a few things right.
many thanks
Roychip

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Murlinator
Thanks so much for your reply, its dark here in London at the moment so I have been to the car and put the map view on, still the black background. I have checked the info from the Kia website you sent and my settings, navigation settings, map view. Doesn't mention "colour scheme". Since putting this question on the forum I have, I believe, discovered that I have not got the latest navigation software. I will approach my dealer on Monday and suggest this maybe the problem, I have also discovered that I have a setting for "3D buildings" before I ticked that box I didn't have any buildings on the map anyway, I thought maybe checking this box would give me lovely 3D buildings but alas, still no buildings let alone 3D. Once I've seen the dealer I'll get back with the answer.
Many Thanks for your help.
Roychip (Roy)
Hi Roy.

If you tap on the red and white compass needle on the top left of the map, it should toggle the map to 3D perspective. That might also trigger the appearance of the 3D buildings…

I’ll check this when I’m in the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply Arnsbrae
Just tried that and I do get a 3D map but still no sign of buildings let alone 3D.
If you get 3D buildings I wonder if you could let me know your nav. software version ?
It may prove a point.
Many thanks
Roy

·
Registered
780 Posts
The EV6 update site and the actual car updates and what it shows it different. Been saying this for 3 weeks or so. The icons are not the same as the Kia updates site, theme is different, no maps colours either…. Turns out other cars that got this update seen the new theme and map colours. Not EV6 tho. Anyone seen any different?. I done a big post about it here and and speakEV forums. Someone said EV6 head unit was different to that of other Kia EVs so didn’t get it all?.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply Arnsbrae
Just tried that and I do get a 3D map but still no sign of buildings let alone 3D.
If you get 3D buildings I wonder if you could let me know your nav. software version ?
It may prove a point.
Many thanks
Roy
If it's like other map systems that are supposed to show 3D buildings, you will probably find that they only show up in major cities and even then it is only substantial or notable buildings

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did the upgrade today to the 211214 version, apparently the latest, I have now got 3D buildings but the background colour of the map is still no where to be found, had a chat on the phone today with Kia re the map colour, she went through it with me in the car and even she gave up, even tried a soft reset. She did say that next week there is yet another update being published she said "that should put all the problems right" !!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds about right, no map colours to be found nor does the UI look like the update site (pink/purple etc). I was told by Kia that its due to the EV6 head unit....mmmm lets see what next week brings or spring update. The car is capable of soo much more UI wise!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts