Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (e-AWD) Blue
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up the car monday. In the EV6 quick reference guide page 9-97 illumination there is a mode automatic daylight night setting that is missing from the menu on the car.
I just traded in a Kia soul with the same map software the day mode for the map is much better. Can anyone get day mode on the GPS map?
Rectangle Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Pattern

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just picked up the car monday. In the EV6 quick reference guide page 9-97 illumination there is a mode automatic daylight night setting that is missing from the menu on the car.
I just traded in a Kia soul with the same map software the day mode for the map is much better. Can anyone get day mode on the GPS map?
I noticed this when I test-drove a Wind RWD on Tuesday. Told the sales guy I couldn't get it to go off "night/dark mode"... He said that's the way it is, can't be changed (he could be wrong, but he seems to know what he's talking about on other things).

·
Registered
390 Posts
At the moment you only get the white or black theme, not specific day or night maps.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
233 Posts
Unfortunately, it is set by time of day. Go to:
Setup -> Screen Theme/Layout -> Graphic Themes. Select Scheduled Time, enter the start and end times.

This just mens you‘ll have to adjust the times as the seasons change. Kinda less than satisfactory, especially since essentially every other car for the last 5+ years uses their ambient light sensor to change the display to dark mode.

Hopefully, an OTA update will correct this. I’ve asked my dealer to pass this along to Kia, along with the missing ”Walk Away Door Lock“ feature. Perhaps if more of us complained to our dealers it would make a difference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately, it is set by time of day. Go to:
Setup -> Screen Theme/Layout -> Graphic Themes. Select Scheduled Time, enter the start and end times.

This just mens you‘ll have to adjust the times as the seasons change. Kinda less than satisfactory, especially since essentially every other car for the last 5+ years uses their ambient light sensor to change the display to dark mode.

Hopefully, an OTA update will correct this. I’ve asked my dealer to pass this along to Kia, along with the missing ”Walk Away Door Lock“ feature. Perhaps if more of us complained to our dealers it would make a difference.
Thanks for explaining that. It makes no sense whatever! Heck, the TomTom dash-top GPS I owned almost 15 years ago changed between day and night using location and calendar. This is a major programming fail IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts