Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm still looking everyday for an MSRP deal. Don't believe there are any to be had in Florida. The only units on dealer lots are RWD but they aren't even sling them at MSRP let alone AWD Winds or GT lines.

If the dealer sticks to the buyers order I signed when I ordered the car it might end up being the best deal to be had in Florida at $2200 over. We'll see. I have a feeling they will try to hit us w add ons when the car actually arrives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still looking everyday for an MSRP deal. Don't believe there are any to be had in Florida. The only units on dealer lots are RWD but they aren't even sling them at MSRP let alone AWD Winds or GT lines.

If the dealer sticks to the buyers order I signed when I ordered the car it might end up being the best deal to be had in Florida at $2200 over. We'll see. I have a feeling they will try to hit us w add ons when the car actually arrives.
I ordered mine from a Kentucky dealer at MSRP. I am traveling from AZ to get it. Shipping will be around 2k

·
Registered
250 Posts
We looked at ordering outta state and shipping but just not worth the hassle. Hate buying a car aight unseen. I'd still love to buy at MSRP but will suck it up and pay the $2200 over as long as they honor our order and price.

It's not worth taking 2-3 days off work to drive and pick one up. Shipping costs almost as much as the mark up I'm paying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We looked at ordering outta state and shipping but just not worth the hassle. Hate buying a car aight unseen. I'd still love to buy at MSRP but will suck it up and pay the $2200 over as long as they honor our order and price.

It's not worth taking 2-3 days off work to drive and pick one up. Shipping costs almost as much as the mark up I'm paying.
2200 isn’t bad , considering I am paying that anyways. What I was finding was Dealers were adding the “dealer protection package” which was another 2k of a wasted markup

·
Registered
60 Posts

Some use it as an excuse as roadtrip vacation and sightseeing lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called and complained to Kia and asked them to locate me a unit that wasn’t marked up … they didn’t seem to care. Maybe they will wake up like Ford and start punishing dealers that are taking advantage of consumers

·
Registered
316 Posts
I told my Kia salesman that there is a good chance that I may sell back my EV6 to them before it turns a year up, if I receive it within a few months. His eyes lit up as I can imagine that the profit margin on a "used" EV6 with less than 5000 miles sounds like an early Christmas. About the only way that might not happen is if I find that the EV6 is better than the i4 I have ordered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jake Sweeney Kia. Ask for Phil. He’s the one that processed the order for me.
I have since canceled my order and ordered a Tesla.

decided I don’t want to support Kia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suppose if you order a car or buy one off the lot, you would negotiate the sale price of the car with the salesperson (to avoid the ADM, then deal with the extended warranty and other BS with the finance guy in the back office). If you factory order a car through a dealer, it should be the best thing for a dealer. There's no marketing cost involved for them, no need to update their online inventory, etc.

If the salesperson is 'unable' to get rid of the ADM, I would say "I will go file paperwork with the AG's office that your dealership is taking advantage of customers with non-sensical markups." Add on to that if they are charging an outrageous 'Doc Fee' or any other BS 'Government Fee'. Note that Doc Fees are not mandated, but it allows the dealer to rip every customer off by charging more than $100 to spend 5 minutes and file paperwork electronically with the state.

Don't even try to trade in your car. If you do and they want to hit you with the ADM, say "If it will make you feel better, you can add $X to my trade-in so make up for this ADM you want to charge me." It's basically the same thing you would do if they say 'we have to charge you this Doc Fee'.
Yeah heaven forbid a small business make money right? What a dolt

·
Registered
eAWD Steel Matte Gray w/ White Vegan
28 Posts
would you mind if I ask which dealership in KY? I’m in Phoenix and looking at options to avoid ridiculous market adjustments. Thanks!
I'm in Phoenix and I placed an order with Jake Sweeney in Florence KY on June 4th. Was told 3-4 months. I'm coming up on month two, so will be checking in with them soon to see if they have any update. My salesman was Don, but I also was speaking to the Sales Manager. I also had refused to buy one here with the ADM. I have a nice little road trip planned when it arrives.

·
Registered
GT-Line: Steel Matte Gray w/ White Vegan Seats
13 Posts
Almost every Kia and Hyundai dealer is charging over MSRP in IL, WI, and IN that I called and all stated due to limited inventory, the only way for dealers to make their numbers on less volume is to charge over MSRP. Many of the salespeople I spoke to would rather have inventory and sell everything at MSRP but like everything else, it's all about supply and demand. The only dealer I found willing to sell at MSRP in the midwest still hasn't called about the reservation that I made very early this year. I called every dealer in NY, NJ, and CT for a Genesis GV60 hoping to find one at MSRP since it would be a similar price. 99% of Kia, Hyundai, and Genesis dealers wanted $5k-$20k over MSRP with most wanting an average of 15% over MSRP. I spoke to Genesis concierge who stated they should be charging MSRP but said they don't have any control over final pricing. I did find one Genesis dealer that would sell at MSRP but as you can imagine they had a waitlist that extended until next year at the current rate of fulfillment. In the end, I was just happy to find my wife an EV6 in the color combo that she liked for a reasonable markup.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Almost every Kia and Hyundai dealer is charging over MSRP in IL, WI, and IN that I called and all stated due to limited inventory, the only way for dealers to make their numbers on less volume is to charge over MSRP. Many of the salespeople I spoke to would rather have inventory and sell everything at MSRP but like everything else, it's all about supply and demand. The only dealer I found willing to sell at MSRP in the midwest still hasn't called about the reservation that I made very early this year. I called every dealer in NY, NJ, and CT for a Genesis GV60 hoping to find one at MSRP since it would be a similar price. 99% of Kia, Hyundai, and Genesis dealers wanted $5k-$20k over MSRP with most wanting an average of 15% over MSRP. I spoke to Genesis concierge who stated they should be charging MSRP but said they don't have any control over final pricing. I did find one Genesis dealer that would sell at MSRP but as you can imagine they had a waitlist that extended until next year at the current rate of fulfillment. In the end, I was just happy to find my wife an EV6 in the color combo that she liked for a reasonable markup.
I always found it funny when people were outraged at these dealership mark-ups. If they can find a sucker to pay crazy prices, more power to them. Some people are impatient and that's fine, let them pay their "impatient" fee.

When I bought my Camaro in February, other dealerships were going $5000+ over MSRP. I actually got my dealership to charge me employee pricing, which knocked the price down by about $4000 off of MSRP. The reason for it, my trade in was a low mile SS sedan in near perfect condition. The dealership raked me over the coals with my trade-in, giving me about $2000 LESS than the next best offer. Retail price, the car could've sold for $8000+ more easily. I figured $9000 less than the price others were paying, even though I was a little low-balled on my trade, I didn't make out too bad. Similarly optioned versions of my Camaro are selling used right now for about $10k to $20k more than what I paid.

If you want to try and get a great deal, make sure you have something to bargain with. My trade in for my ordered EV6 is a 2022 Nissan Leaf. I'm sure the dealership would love to have a current model vehicle that they can mark up and insist that the shortages are still in effect. I would imagine they can convince a consumer that paying MSRP prices for a slightly used EV is great economical sense.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts