Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, What do you all think is a fair price for a used FE in the US? I understand no tax credit and also reduced warranty.

I have a EV6 FE in Matte Gray, awesome car with about 1000 miles right now. Not trying to flip it or anything, found out yesterday that I can get a Rivian R1T LE for around 80k and not sure I can pass it up. Definitely don’t need two cars but hoping I don’t have to take a bath on the EV6.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
You may get back what you paid for it minus any incentives you got.

To be fair its from one extreme to another, your going from a family car to a truck, why the big swing?

Reactions: jjswan33

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put some Michelin Cross Climate2 tires on the EV6 and it does really well in snow to get me up to the mountains, occasionally a truck will help with some summer trailheads and occasional home project. I have been living without a truck for a couple years now fine, I do also have a ProMaster Van that is a converted camper that also meets some of those needs. Other than that just occasional commutes. I also don’t fully see the EV6 as a family car but I can see how it could be that.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It’s complicated. Two months ago (if EV6 was available and at all) I would have said around MSRP but the used car market has nosedived a bit. What works in your favor is the EV6 is still rare unlike the Ioniq 5 which I know folks trying to sell theirs and getting crapola offers because there are still SEs and SELs on dealer lots.

Used Mach-Es fetch almost MSRP because Ford is massively production constrained and there are barely any on dealer lots. What is available is marked up $5-10K.

I owned an ID.4 and broke even (after tax credit) trading it in. Not a high demand EV and I wanted to dump it. I got offers from all the online vendors and they were all about the same range.

If I were in your shoes, I’d take the Rivian. No other EV like it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Matte Grey FE is a collectors item so don't be bashful. Fair price is if they stop complaining long enough to write the check. Test the waters and get some quotes from folks like Carmax, Varoom, and Driveway. Then you can avoid the hassle of selling it yourself.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks @voxel, @Say Watt.

I did check Carvana and Carmax so far they haven’t been able to give me an offer, I guess the EV6 is too new.

I also looked at sites like AutoTrader and Cars.com. Dealers of course are asking crazy prices for even used EV6 models. For example I found one that is identical to mine with 475 miles and the dealer in Florida is asking $72k which would be 12k over list for a used one 😲

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts

I did check Carvana and Carmax so far they haven’t been able to give me an offer, I guess the EV6 is too new.

I also looked at sites like AutoTrader and Cars.com. Dealers of course are asking crazy prices for even used EV6 models. For example I found one that is identical to mine with 475 miles and the dealer in Florida is asking $72k which would be 12k over list for a used one 😲
I just sold my 2021 Kia Forte in prep of my EV6 arriving. Carvana and Vroom offered me $15.5. Carmax wouldn’t give me an online quote, I had to take it in to them. Glad I did, they gave me $18.5 for it. I bought it in June for $17

·
Registered
280 Posts

Ahhh Florida... where I live... the land of $25K markups (but really you "negotiate down" to "only $10K" to make you feel you've won). Last fall, I saw $20K over MSRP for used Mach-E GTs... sell them while they are hot off the oven!

I suggest you list privately to attract dealership interest.

CarMax and Carvana making no offers might be a good thing. A friend received a $37K offer on a new Ioniq 5 SEL RWD ($48K MSRP) which is major loss even after the $7500 tax credit. There were too many Ioniq 5 SELs on the lot at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts