Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was/am concerned that the dealer that I arranged to have my first edition EV shipped to might mark up the vehicle beyond MSRP. I talked to the sales manager and he had the courtesy to at least send me an email promising not to mark it up. Think that will do the trick? I'm all in the the EV6 as long as the dealer doesn't try and rip me off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was/am concerned that the dealer that I arranged to have my first edition EV shipped to might mark up the vehicle beyond MSRP. I talked to the sales manager and he had the courtesy to at least send me an email promising not to mark it up. Think that will do the trick? I'm all in the the EV6 as long as the dealer doesn't try and rip me off.
we're lucky in the UK as this would be against the law but I know it happens in the USA. I would suggest seeking assurances from Kia. They would hate the publicity if this started to happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MadMike,
I'm in the same spot...I don't want to get ripped off with post 1 Sept "we need to market adjust up $2000". My suggestion is to visit dealer with a " I'll sign a msrp -$500 deal right now...and put some $$ down now" if you have multiple KIA dealers...try "I'm bringing you a deal...the car is attached to my reservation....if I leave another dealer gets the $$s" .
My next thought is if we have three or four of us, hit the same dealer at same time...
Best....DKR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MadMike,
I'm in the same spot...I don't want to get ripped off with post 1 Sept "we need to market adjust up $2000". My suggestion is to visit dealer with a " I'll sign a msrp -$500 deal right now...and put some $$ down now" if you have multiple KIA dealers...try "I'm bringing you a deal...the car is attached to my reservation....if I leave another dealer gets the $$s" .
My next thought is if we have three or four of us, hit the same dealer at same time...
Best....DKR
My dealer said they could not 100% confirm MSRP with KIA for the moment at least....I think we are stuck with whatever dealer we picked after early September.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer said they could not 100% confirm MSRP with KIA for the moment at least....I think we are stuck with whatever dealer we picked after early September.
Madmike....agree that msrp is a $58500 guess at present. My strategy is approach dealer with a msrp minus $500 or $1000 deal. Even at $57500 dealer still scores a $2500 ( dealer holdback is probably $1200) payday. Or we can focus on one dealer with a 3 or 4 car sale...
Either way....after 1 Sept, absent a written deal, we are open to a later date screw job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know if it works! I'm prepared to walk, loose my $100 and end up with another EV if the dealer plays games.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts