Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
Gee, apparently all car dealerships have been loosing money all these these years they've been selling cars for MSRP and below. Thank god for all these supply chain issues, if it weren't for the current inflated values, they were probably all on the verge of bankruptcy. 馃檮
Truth be told, after the invent of the ability to shop cars across the state with the click of your cell phone, profit margins on car sales have dwindled lower and lower with everyone trying to buy new cars for invoice. Businesses have to find ways to offer additional services for additional profit potential. Your bank will offer you car insurance. Your car insurance will offer you life insurance. Your barber will offer you a shampoo. LOL

Guests want a professional experience with a professional sales consultant in a professional building with a professional lounge that has professional coffee and a professional service department but wants it all for a cut-rate price.

All of that said; he's an idiot to say that he's not going to wash or charge your EV6. shrugs

Exactly the way I鈥檇 prefer it. Don鈥檛 even wash it or take the protective plastic of.
Duly noted! Don't take your stickers off of your EV6! ;-)

Registered
... profit margins on car sales have dwindled lower and lower with everyone trying to buy new cars for invoice....
And I would have to assume that these dwindled profit margins are due to cars being sold well below MSRP. Cars have been sold below MSRP for eons. In fact, until these past couple of years, paying MSRP or above would be the exception rather than the norm. For that dealer to suggest that selling a car at "only" MSRP is such a hardship that they can't afford to do all the typical things that are done when a car arrives is, frankly, insulting.

Registered
Guests want a professional experience with a professional sales consultant in a professional building with a professional lounge that has professional coffee and a professional service department but wants it all for a cut-rate price.
Guests also want to be treated with respect and courtesy and not feel like a target, lied to, played games with, etc.

I understand the need to make $ and I know a lot of that is with service, parts, warranties, add-ons, etc. Don鈥檛 be a lying, pushy, disrespectful jerk and I鈥檇 be happy to deal and spend my money with you and make a deal that鈥檚 fair to both of us and happy to return and make referrals.

Registered
I, only one person of course, am losing interest in the Kia EV6 or in any Kia. I watched earlier with the Kia eNiro that when motor problems started showing up, Kia took forever to help customers get a new motor and they never really solved the problem or even admitted that it was a widespread problem. Now, we have multiple little bugs showing up, no OTA update capability etc. and where the heck is Kia with some rapid responses indicating they will fix everything and be a responsive and responsible company? Now this new price-gouging dealer situation is really nearing the end of Kia EV6 or any future Kia for me...

Registered
I just spoke to them too. I could tell by the guys voice that they want nothing to do with this. Nothing!

He said basically the same thing. I asked him that if I cancel, what happens to the car? He said that he wasn't sure. Also he said that I'd have to cancel through the dealership and not the website.
I asked him why was there a "Cancel" button then? He wasn't sure he said.

Registered
This is the response from Kia America鈥
...The Kia dealerships are independently owned and operated, so they are able to set their own pricing on each vehicle as they see fit...
Perhaps Kia America should have thought that through before they accepted reservation deposits directly from customers, based on MSRP pricing listed right on the promotion. 馃槒

Registered
Perhaps Kia America should have thought that through before they accepted reservation deposits directly from customers, based on MSRP pricing listed right on the promotion. 馃槒
I believe that statement is 100% correct
Kia US Screwed up.
In bold print next to the price they should add some type of disclaimer letting potential Kia customers know that the dealer dose not have to honor the advertised price ($58.500) Even though you鈥檙e ordering /reservation the car directly through the manufacturer

Registered
Yes I agree with this100%. They're using the dealers are independent excuse but there are ways for Kia corporate to influence their behavior. I'll bet very few if any customers were thinking about dealer markup when they reserved their EV6 to go ask their local dealer about it before September 1st. Also, if the original buyer turns it down after the car is at the dealership then there's no way for Kia corporate to get the car to someone on the waiting list once the dealer posseses the car. I wish we get a list of the people on the waiting list to tell them that they're not going to get a car even if some reservations are canceled because Kia has no way to enforce it.

Registered
Yes I agree with this100%. They're using the dealers are independent excuse but there are ways for Kia corporate to influence their behavior. I'll bet very few if any customers were thinking about dealer markup when they reserved their EV6 to go ask their local dealer about it before September 1st. Also, if the original buyer turns it down after the car is at the dealership then there's no way for Kia corporate to get the car to someone on the waiting list once the dealer posseses the car. I wish we get a list of the people on the waiting list to tell them that they're not going to get a car even if some reservations are canceled because Kia has no way to enforce it.
Ironic thing is that the salesman that called me is on the waiting list for one. Funny how he may end up with one after all thanks to me鈥.If I cancel over the $3000-$5000-$7000 dollar markup that is.

He couldn鈥檛 believe that I had an actual reservation for one, including the $100 deposit.

I wonder if he鈥檒l get it at MSRP

Registered
Decided to drop by the dealership. They wouldnt let me speak to the sales director. Some guy named Robert said he was a sales manager, but unlikely. He didn鈥檛 seem to know anything and wouldn鈥檛 discuss anything, refused to talk any numbers on a vehicle they didnt have or even have a VIN on and wouldn鈥檛 do any sales order or anything in writing agreeing to MSRP.

Registered
Here is a letter from KUS to the dealer network. It's supposed to be internal so don't get me crucified.

I want you guys to see that corporate wants dealers to sell at MSRP for the FE's. If your dealership is being difficult, print this off and take it in to the sales manager.

Attachments

Registered
Here is a letter from KUS to the dealer network. It's supposed to be internal so don't get me crucified.

I want you guys to see that corporate wants dealers to sell at MSRP for the FE's. If your dealership is being difficult, print this off and take it in to the sales manager.
This is great - thanks so much for sharing! Great to hear about the MSRP... But wow! Delivery Feb-May 2022!! The wait is killing me!

Registered
And I would have to assume that these dwindled profit margins are due to cars being sold well below MSRP. Cars have been sold below MSRP for eons. In fact, until these past couple of years, paying MSRP or above would be the exception rather than the norm. For that dealer to suggest that selling a car at "only" MSRP is such a hardship that they can't afford to do all the typical things that are done when a car arrives is, frankly, insulting.
@dc30307, no one is trying to insult you that I'm aware of. I, for one, am not. But, when a man owns a business that sells shoes and it's how he supports his family, what he charges for those shoes is DIRECTLY connected to his ability to get shoes. If he's got 100 pairs like normal, then his prices remain normal. If his supply of shoes dwindles to 5 pairs of shoes, you can be guaranteed that those last 5 pairs will go for a premium.

Guests also want to be treated with respect and courtesy and not feel like a target, lied to, played games with, etc.

I understand the need to make $ and I know a lot of that is with service, parts, warranties, add-ons, etc. Don鈥檛 be a lying, pushy, disrespectful jerk and I鈥檇 be happy to deal and spend my money with you and make a deal that鈥檚 fair to both of us and happy to return and make referrals.
@Cnsheets, this is the highest priority and most sales people miss it. Treat a guest like they want to be treated... like human beings... and the world becomes a different place!

I, only one person of course, am losing interest in the Kia EV6 or in any Kia. I watched earlier with the Kia eNiro that when motor problems started showing up, Kia took forever to help customers get a new motor and they never really solved the problem or even admitted that it was a widespread problem. Now, we have multiple little bugs showing up, no OTA update capability etc. and where the heck is Kia with some rapid responses indicating they will fix everything and be a responsive and responsible company? Now this new price-gouging dealer situation is really nearing the end of Kia EV6 or any future Kia for me...
@ColoradoKia, it's not Kia price gouging. Every dealership. Every manufacturer. We are ALL out of inventory. It's sucks for US just as much as it does for you. We are all 100% commission. We only get paid when we sell a car. It's hard to feed our families when there's no cars to sell.

Registered
@dc30307, no one is trying to insult you that I'm aware of. I, for one, am not. But, when a man owns a business that sells shoes and it's how he supports his family, what he charges for those shoes is DIRECTLY connected to his ability to get shoes...
My comment had nothing to with someone's need to make a profit, and everything to do with the justification for it. The mark-ups over MSRP that some of these dealers are suggesting might represent 5x the profit per car, or more, than they made a couple years ago when they were selling cars below MSRP. For a dealer to say "if I'm "only" going to charge you MSRP, then I can't afford to have Billy in back wash your car" is equivalent to saying "I believe you're stupid enough to believe this ridiculous justification for my prices". And THAT is insulting. If it's supply and demand, then just man up and say "it's the market right now, if you don't buy it at this price, someone else will". The story that the other poster was given about not getting a car wash if he "only" paid MSRP and didn't buy any of their high-profit add-ons is ridiculous and petty.

Registered

WOW THANKS Aka Kia-Dork
Love all the information in the release
loved knowing February -May is a target dates Any real Info is greatly appreciated.
Also I love the fact Kia is aware how excited we are about their new car And that were ambassadors for them and would be very proud to be one of the first owners of the FE Kia EV6 .Thanks again

81 - 100 of 135 Posts