Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a grand total of 33 miles under my belt (plus lots of beer), I can report:

1. This is even more fun to drive than expected - just terrific. I'm not talking torque, but overall road feel and sense of high quality build.

2. I was worried about 20" tires causing a harsh ride, but it's quite comfortable/civilized -- actually better over city streets than my Volvo V60.

3. I can lower the driver's seat enough to allow plenty of headroom for my 6'2".

4. I've tried voice recognition for nav searches -- worked well both times.

5. Kia Access has worked flawlessly so far. It reminds me when I forget to lock car. I have successfully started remote climate (but haven't tried to schedule yet).

6. The Meridian sound system is quite pleasing to my ears (clearly subjective). Perhaps a little less warm and full than the Harman Kardons on the Volvo, but with a little breaking in and EQ tweaks, I'll be very happy with it.

7. Am planning two coats of CQuartz UK for a bit of paint protection. Then off to mountains!

8. Thanks to our UK/EU friends for working out the bugs before we got these in North America ;)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
5. Kia Access has worked flawlessly so far. It reminds me when I forget to lock car. I have successfully started remote climate (but haven't tried to schedule yet).
Question I've been meaning to ask: Are you able to remotely activate the heated/cooled seats from the app?

Also, I hope the 33 miles and the beers were two separate occasions, lmao 😅

·
Registered
2013 Boxster, 2017 Mercedes GLC 43AMG
23 Posts
Just took my GT Line AWD for a 100 mile country road tour today and here are my impressions:

• the car exceeded my expectations with the ride and handling, and I also drive a Boxster and GLC AMG
  • handling is refinded and manages transitions in windling road quite smoothly, seems very composed, good steering wheel feel
  • acceleration is instantaneous and braking modulation is quite good, but regen eliminates need for turn in braking; great acceleration at 65 for passing
  • when switching to Econ mode, it uses 1 motor vs 2 and acceleration is still adequate, saving on range
  • very quiet in the cabin, good noise isolation

My wife commented that you usually drive faster, yet I was doing 75mph, well over speed limit; car gives sensation of going slower than actual; tribute to suspension and insulation

The technology is a bit overwhelming to take in, so many adjustments. Not keen on having to toggle between HVAC and functions (Car Play, radio, Nav, etc) on same screen.
Apple Car Play not wireless, but bought a Vrriis Plug & Play automatic connection on Amazon and now it activates each time I start the car. Cost $125 It plugs into the USB
near the floor in front of the console and it is tucked away and not seen.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I’m genuinely excited to drive one (still waiting for our launch in Canada) as the most consistent review both by owners and journalists is the ride and handling and how well it is.

How’s the steering ratio and weight?

·
Registered
2013 Boxster, 2017 Mercedes GLC 43AMG
23 Posts
Kudos to the steering, nicely weighted and crisp turn in even with the all season tires. The turning radius is decent also. I'm sure the motor and regen contribute to the feel, not jerky, but this is my 1st ev.

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The technology is a bit overwhelming to take in, so many adjustments.
That's for sure, although I suspect that many of the option adjustments will be pretty much one time or rare. I can't help but fiddle with them tho...

Apple Car Play not wireless, but bought a Vrriis Plug & Play automatic connection on Amazon and now it activates each time I start the car. Cost $125 It plugs into the USB
near the floor in front of the console and it is tucked away and not seen.
Looking forward to checking that out, thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Question: I notice there is no spare tire, only an emergency kit which I am guessing has a tool to remove the tire valve, some run flat slime and then an air pump to re-inflate and get you going temporarily. So, can you please post the size of your tires and specs. I am considering replacing the factory tires with run flat tires to avoid getting stuck on a road and towed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts