Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to get feedbacks from the lucky GT owners (the 576 hp version).I activated on several occasions the option "maximum power output mode" to get the battery to optimal temperature for max performance( SOC needs to be above 70 %)
The issue is that the process never seems to complete, even after more than 2 hours, it is stil optimising temperature. Anybody has the same issue ? Thanks !
Font Gadget Astronomical object Operating system Electric blue

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT 2023
36 Posts
I've tried it and it worked, took about 15 minutes IIRC, Have you got enough charge? I think you need at least 70%, maybe that's 70% when you've finished prepping the battery not just at the beginning.)

Honestly I think the 585hp is a bit of a party trick, the main thing about the GT is the additive dampers, e-diff and the more advanced motors and inverters plus brakes and regeneration system. That works all the time. (oh and the interior)

· Registered
6 Posts
Just picked mine up this evening. (traded in a 22 Wind AWD). Ambient temps here are in the 30s (F). Battery was charged to 97+ %. No warnings going into GT mode. Road conditions didn't allow me to get a real sense of the power, but there were no warnings about battery temp. The car seemed more than willing to dole out more power than was prudent. (for context, I've owned several cars with more than 500hp through two wheels without traction control).

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
Yes you can put it into GT mode but you’re only (!) getting around 460 Hp unless you click that macimum output button and heat the battery first.
Where are you getting that figure? I had not heard any sort of artificial cap unless using the max output. Only that it helps ensure you get it all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
So how does on place the vehicle in Max Performance mode?
Hello, I am trying to get feedbacks from the lucky GT owners (the 576 hp version).I activated on several occasions the option "maximum power output mode" to get the battery to optimal temperature for max performance( SOC needs to be above 70 %)
The issue is that the process never seems to complete, even after more than 2 hours, it is stil optimising temperature. Anybody has the same issue ? Thanks !
View attachment 11433
doe

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT 2023
36 Posts
I’m not sure

I definitely read it somewhere , I’ll try to remember.

It makes sense though that you would need to pre heat the battery for max power like a Tesla

incidentally it’s cool that you can see the power split on the display. In eco it starts in AWD then switches to RWD, normal is AWD evenly balanced while Sports and GT are progressively more rear balanced from what I can see

· Registered
6 Posts
Maximum Power Output Mode (For GT)
Maximum Power Output Mode optimizes temperature of power electric systems including high voltage battery to provide high acceleration performance of the GT. Available power output will be displayed on the split screen when this mode is activated.

To Activate Maximum Power Output Mode
With the vehicle on, select Maximum Power Output Mode in the split screen from the infotainment system. Maximum Power Output Mode can be turned on and off with the activation button on the screen. It will be automatically turned off when EV ready is turned off.

Maximum Power Output Mode will not be activated when one of the following conditions are not satisfied. In this case, Maximum Power Output Mode button will be inactivated.

EV Ready

70% or more of SOC

Power electric system status is in normal

Maximum Power Output Mode deactivation
Maximum Power Output Mode can be automatically turned off when one of the following conditions are not met.

EV Ready

70% or more of SOC

Power electric system status is in normal

WARNING
When Maximum Power Output Mode is turned on, additional power could be consumed by thermal optimization of power electric system by which the driving range of electric vehicle could be reduced.

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
I’m not sure

I definitely read it somewhere , I’ll try to remember.

It makes sense though that you would need to pre heat the battery for max power like a Tesla

incidentally it’s cool that you can see the power split on the display. In eco it starts in AWD then switches to RWD, normal is AWD evenly balanced while Sports and GT are progressively more rear balanced from what I can see
Actually normal mode drops to rwd as well once you stop accel and are not in Ipedal.

Sport and gt def rear biased.

· Registered
6 Posts
Yes you can put it into GT mode but you’re only (!) getting around 460 Hp unless you click that macimum output button and heat the battery first.
Thank you! I need to find that option. From the videos and articles they make it seem like GT Mode is all that is necessary. Based on the photo shared above, perhaps the Maximum Output selection shows up as part of the EV screen?. The manual just says 'on the split screen' which to me means any time you have two items open. For example, radio on the left and map on the right. With enough clicking, I'm sure I'll find it. I also haven't found where I can set the parameters for My Drive Mode.

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT 2023
36 Posts
It's on the split screen provided that it is configured in the display setup page. You just need to scroll through the available pages (radio, time,, compass etc) and you will get to it. It seems to take about 10-15 minutes. I've tried it and it definitely makes a big difference, I could easily imagine the difference is 100hp. I'll keep trying to find the reference. I wonder if all the magazines that have drag tested the GT know about this?

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
It's on the split screen provided that it is configured in the display setup page. You just need to scroll through the available pages (radio, time,, compass etc) and you will get to it. It seems to take about 10-15 minutes. I've tried it and it definitely makes a big difference, I could easily imagine the difference is 100hp. I'll keep trying to find the reference. I wonder if all the magazines that have drag tested the GT know about this?
Extremely doubtful, all the magazine/blog/online reviewers bother to do is spew out the same data published by Kia for the event. None of them dig any further than what they were spoon fed. Plus most of them only had the car for very limited timeframe at a press event. They need to get the car and live with it for at least a week tinkering to get into this sort of detail.

A True test would be to put on of these on a AWD dyno in controlled environment and run it with and without.

· Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if all the magazines that have drag tested the GT know about this?
I very much doubt it - I say that on the basis I have watched literally every GT video on youtube (checking the new ones every 24 hours :) ) and this setting is complete news to me.
I guess in some cases the car will have been prepared for them (the track sessions) but in others, where they have it for 24 hours to do what they want with it, who knows.

I did see a reference on youtube where one guy claimed there were other videos showing 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, and that the secret to that was actually to launch in drift mode. I cannot find any such other videos, so can't corroborate that, but am intrigued by the idea that 0-60 might be even quicker if all the right conditions are met. (You'd think kia would quote the absolute fastest time though)

· Registered
346 Posts
I very much doubt it - I say that on the basis I have watched literally every GT video on youtube (checking the new ones every 24 hours :) ) and this setting is complete news to me.
I guess in some cases the car will have been prepared for them (the track sessions) but in others, where they have it for 24 hours to do what they want with it, who knows.

I did see a reference on youtube where one guy claimed there were other videos showing 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, and that the secret to that was actually to launch in drift mode. I cannot find any such other videos, so can't corroborate that, but am intrigued by the idea that 0-60 might be even quicker if all the right conditions are met. (You'd think kia would quote the absolute fastest time though)
Actually, people have run faster times than manufacturer times with many cars. Teslas (Model 3 Performance) have done 2.9x seconds to 60 and 11.3s in the quarter by pre-heating their battery (validated with timeslips and draggys). They get faster times than the popular Youtube sites because they just don't know about the battery heating feature. I'm sure the GT is the same way. I bet personal timeslips will yield faster times.

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts

Drift mode would not help 0-60. The car will smoke the rear tires, fun and attention grabbing, but not fast. Ask me how I know.

· Registered
322 Posts
Drift mode would not help 0-60. The car will smoke the rear tires, fun and attention grabbing, but not fast. Ask me how I know.

I won't argue the point, but I saw the video and he did make the claim. However, the man making the claim was NOT the man who did the deed, allegedly. Maybe he misunderstood what occurred and misquoted?

· Registered
2023 EV6 GT Yacht Blue
425 Posts
Probably. The 255 rear tires simply do not have the grip needed to launch a 4900# car that fast, let alone losing the added power of front motor that is required to have enough power to reach 2.9 given vehicles weight..

· Registered
MSG EV6 GT
120 Posts
Actually, people have run faster times than manufacturer times with many cars. Teslas (Model 3 Performance) have done 2.9x seconds to 60 and 11.3s in the quarter by pre-heating their battery (validated with timeslips and draggys). They get faster times than the popular Youtube sites because they just don't know about the battery heating feature. I'm sure the GT is the same way. I bet personal timeslips will yield faster times.
Where is the battery heating feature on a Tesla M3P? I had one for 3 years and never saw that option! (Other then setting a supercharger as a destination)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts