Kia EV Forum banner

Maximum power output mode (GT)

20K views 122 replies 25 participants last post by  JJL 
Just picked mine up this evening. (traded in a 22 Wind AWD). Ambient temps here are in the 30s (F). Battery was charged to 97+ %. No warnings going into GT mode. Road conditions didn't allow me to get a real sense of the power, but there were no warnings about battery temp. The car seemed more than willing to dole out more power than was prudent. (for context, I've owned several cars with more than 500hp through two wheels without traction control).

Yes you can put it into GT mode but you’re only (!) getting around 460 Hp unless you click that macimum output button and heat the battery first.
Thank you! I need to find that option. From the videos and articles they make it seem like GT Mode is all that is necessary. Based on the photo shared above, perhaps the Maximum Output selection shows up as part of the EV screen?. The manual just says 'on the split screen' which to me means any time you have two items open. For example, radio on the left and map on the right. With enough clicking, I'm sure I'll find it. I also haven't found where I can set the parameters for My Drive Mode.