Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't understand why the memory set position wasn't keeping the seat settings and then realized the car needs to be on. Does anyone else think that defeats the purpose of this feature. Every car that I owned that had feature, you press the button (or FOB) and the seats moves into position before you get into the vehicle. Am I missing something here?

Excerpt from Manual

"The vehicle should be in the ON position to use this function."

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
28 Posts
EV6 DRIVER you are correct. However the memory position the seat moves to is NOT based on the Key Fob. The seat moves to the position recorded for the last profile that was active when the car was last shut off. -or- If the KIA Connect App was accessed since the last time the car was shut off -AND- some action, like locking the doors, was taken, the profile associated with the KIA Connect App will determine the seat memory position that is used the next time the car is turned “ON”.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Still waiting for my EV6 to arrive..
The big question is how to switch between profiles. I understand it uses the previous setting. The Extended easy exit,entry is the cause for the driver seat to move backwards during exit, entry.
How to you switch from passenger A/B. I would indeed have hoped the FOB would be used for this to identify between different users..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Whenever you turn on the car the Infotainment screen should greet you with the option to select one of the two driver profiles (or Guest) to the left of the Safety Warning message that also always appears upon turning on the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
On my GT-Line the seat pushes back when powered off. When started, it reverts to last profile.

There are two buttons (1 and 2) on the door. Tap to select a profile. Press/hold to update a profile. Not super hard.
(y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
EV6 DRIVER you are correct. However the memory position the seat moves to is NOT based on the Key Fob. The seat moves to the position recorded for the last profile that was active when the car was last shut off. -or- If the KIA Connect App was accessed since the last time the car was shut off -AND- some action, like locking the doors, was taken, the profile associated with the KIA Connect App will determine the seat memory position that is used the next time the car is turned “ON”.
All correct my friend, that’s why nobody else is allowed to drive my EV6!! So no issue 😆

·
Registered
287 Posts
On my GT-Line the seat pushes back when powered off. When started, it reverts to last profile.

There are two buttons (1 and 2) on the door. Tap to select a profile. Press/hold to update a profile. Not super hard.
The two memory buttons have nothing to do with changing of profiles. They are both stored in the same profile.

EDIT: When I say “profile“ I’m referring to “user profiles”. Is that what you mean? I sense a possible misunderstanding here :unsure:.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wish the seat memory buttons in fact was profile chooser and seat setting. Would be a lot easier to change between profiles and also move seat before entering the car.

But seat being too far forward on entering can be handled by the "seat extender"? or whatever the option is called in the vehicle settings. But when powering the car up it starts moving again and if you aren't quick on profile change you will end up cramped if it was a smaller persons profile set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish the seat memory buttons in fact was profile chooser and seat setting. Would be a lot easier to change between profiles and also move seat before entering the car.

But seat being too far forward on entering can be handled by the "seat extender"? or whatever the option is called in the vehicle settings. But when powering the car up it starts moving again and if you aren't quick on profile change you will end up cramped if it was a smaller persons profile set.
That’s exactly what happens after my wife drives! It seems like I need to race to confirm I’m the alternate driver or I get crushed!

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
46 Posts
What I have noticed is when my wife has last used the car, she has selected the seating position (#1) on the door and then selects her profile in the multimedia interface. This works great for her as she is much shorter than I am. The "easy entry/exit" function is enabled. Now I come by later and use the car, I push the seating position (#2) on the door, seat moves back so that I can actually get in it. I power on the car, and select my profile in the multimedia interface. The strange thing that happens next after selecting my profile is that my seat position moves again. This necessitates selecting the #2 seating position button on the door. Why does selecting the multimedia profile start moving the seating position around if the multimedia profile isn't tide to seating position memory?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tought the conclusion was that the multimedia profile controlled both the seats (good thing) and the two presets on the door (bad thing. The two door buttons should control both seat positions and which profile to use.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
The seat memory cock-up from Kia is starting to annoy me furiously.

The buttons has settings per user profile which is just immensly stupid. If there is two drivers of the car, one short and one long they have to set an extra seat memory position on the other profile to be able to even get in if you are the long one.

This is a flaw I do believe is a "design choice" it will be hard to make Kia understand. I wonder if a youtube video making fun of it would help.

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
The seat memory cock-up from Kia is starting to annoy me furiously.

The buttons has settings per user profile which is just immensly stupid. If there is two drivers of the car, one short and one long they have to set an extra seat memory position on the other profile to be able to even get in if you are the long one.

This is a flaw I do believe is a "design choice" it will be hard to make Kia understand. I wonder if a youtube video making fun of it would help.
Can you not set your car to move the drivers seat right back so you can get in and out of the car, you can on mine, when i open the car door the drivers seat moves all the way back allowing easy exit and easy to get into the car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is the "Extended seat position" (or something similar) setting and this pulls the seat backward relative to the driving position. Alas when the driver is short the seat may be further towards the steering wheel than a higher driver wants even when it's pulled back to the max, which is not the max at all.

Say the seat is 50cm from the wheel. Turning off it would pull back to 60cm from the wheel. If the other driver has 70 cm from the wheel as a profile setting it's still 60cm short. But when that driver turn the car off the seat goes back to 80cm from the wheel.

Utterly stupid. It should of course at least pull the seat back to behind the longest position of any seat memory setting. 80 cm would be the answer in my example. (I've not measured anything here, it's just relative numbers.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
BTW, it's even worse!

My sister drove the car yesterday and she used the Guest profile and the seat almost as much forward as possible.

I couldn't even get into the car!

The "pull the seat back" setting and position is yet another setting that should be for the car and not the user profile as the clock (with DST) and charging schedule. Probably a few others I¨ve forgotten aswell.

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
That is the "Extended seat position" (or something similar) setting and this pulls the seat backward relative to the driving position. Alas when the driver is short the seat may be further towards the steering wheel than a higher driver wants even when it's pulled back to the max, which is not the max at all.

Say the seat is 50cm from the wheel. Turning off it would pull back to 60cm from the wheel. If the other driver has 70 cm from the wheel as a profile setting it's still 60cm short. But when that driver turn the car off the seat goes back to 80cm from the wheel.

Utterly stupid. It should of course at least pull the seat back to behind the longest position of any seat memory setting. 80 cm would be the answer in my example. (I've not measured anything here, it's just relative numbers.)
When I open the door the seat goes as far back as it can, i am over 6 foot and i can not reach to drive, when my wife gets in she's only 5 foot 6 inches and when she opens the door it goes all the way back to the same position as for me so i can get in and out without any issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts