Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh! You and I had the same thought..., :) I'll delete my post...

It won't let me delete it... sorry for the duplicate .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Considering that the design was probably in the making a long time before I honestly doubt they have taken anything from the ev6.

It's just a concept car, and if you observe the rear I doubt any adult can fit in the back seats. So for practicality reasons this design won't fully make it to production, just like the case of most of these concept cars.

The thing that gives me hope for the future of evs is that small battery size and that its 30% lighter than the existing battery. Also no coolant needed is another win from a maintenance point of view. Once we get the ev weight down to similar weights of ice cars that's when we will start seeing a big jump in ranges removing the range anxiety that most to be ev adopters have.

If only this tech becomes the norm in the next 5 years at reasonable prices then that would make most happily switch to evs.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
627 Posts
Considering that the design was probably in the making a long time before I honestly doubt they have taken anything from the ev6.

It's just a concept car, and if you observe the rear I doubt any adult can fit in the back seats. So for practicality reasons this design won't fully make it to production, just like the case of most of these concept cars.

The thing that gives me hope for the future of evs is that small battery size and that its 30% lighter than the existing battery. Also no coolant needed is another win from a maintenance point of view. Once we get the ev weight down to similar weights of ice cars that's when we will start seeing a big jump in ranges removing the range anxiety that most to be ev adopters have.

If only this tech becomes the norm in the next 5 years at reasonable prices then that would make most happily switch to evs.
With 90% of the guests that I talk to about EV's, their anxiety has nothing to do with range. it is mostly connected to the charging infrastructure and not having access to rapid charging.

150 miles of range is not a concern when I can stop and fill it up in 5 minutes wherever I'm at. Can't charge that fast at most places and can't find chargers in lots of areas. This is most peoples fears based on my experience.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
I think most modern cars are looking like others as once you hit a design that has low aero drag then others will follow.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Take a look at the Lightyear which is almost ready to hit the road sometime soon. It's body is similarly shaped to the MB above.... I just don't know if I can trust startups.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always thought the EV6 rear lights took something from the AM Vantage. I very much doubt MB was looking at Kia for design ques for a concept😉

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Dodge have been doing rear light bars that go across the car for years so not anything new there for sure, they all just tweak the design to suit them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts