Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does any know the minimum amperage/watts that is needed for charging? I'm asking since when I'm using solar energy only in my wallbox, I need to have 5 amps at 220/230v for the wallbox to start, and I was wondering if this is a limitation of the wallbox or is a limitation from Kia ev6.

·
Registered
22 EV6, Wind AWD/Tech Gray/Gray
46 Posts
Hi,
Does any know the minimum amperage/watts that is needed for charging? I'm asking since when I'm using solar energy only in my wallbox, I need to have 5 amps at 220/230v for the wallbox to start, and I was wondering if this is a limitation of the wallbox or is a limitation from Kia ev6.
I think the EV6 will pull what it can up to 48A.

I've tested my level 2 (hardwired 60A breaker) the minimum setting (based on the EV6 setting) pulled 6.9Kw and the max pulled 11.6Kw

That sounds like a wallbox "need"

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
63 Posts
Hi,
The SAE J1772 protocol doesn't support anything lower than 6 amps so I doubt it is a WallBox problem as I'm sure it and the onboard charger are designed to stay within the protocol standards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts