Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Glacier White
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting a little late as I picked up by FE on Friday.

My car was at Covina Valley Kia in Covina, California. I brought the dealer letter, window sticker, and a printout of the program. So first was the test drive, I immediately fell in love! The car is fast, handling on turns is great and there is little to none road noise. Love the parking features, automatic door handles, and spacious interior. UI is quick and responsive just looks a little plain. I mean I'm coming from a Rav4 Hybrid, it's like night and day... Odometer was at 12 miles

A couple of other people were also picking up their FE's. There was no markup but had a protection package. I showed them the letter, they basically said take it or leave it as they could sell it for a markup if I chose not to take it. So when they were typing the paperwork I had to remind them about the $100 deposit. Then the California Clean Fuel Reward gives you $750 off at purchase. They thought it was a year end tax thing so I had to show them the printout that I brought. They put the $850 towards my down, not sure if that was correct. So all including tax and fees came out to around 68,700. I've driven it for around 140 miles so far and have no regrets whatsoever.

I financed through Logix Banking as they had the lowest rate, thanks @jamisonl
The best rates & best service. That's smarter banking. | Logix Smarter Banking

I've applied for the CA HOV decal using the temp license plate which I've read on other forums it has worked for some people and others not.
Carpool Stickers | California Air Resources Board

I also qualify for $2000 rebate from the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project which you can check:
Savings Calculator | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

Not sure if there are more incentives besides the 7500 fed tax.

We're supposed to get 1,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) from Electrify America, but I can't seem to get the promo code working.

How many different charging station companies are there? Is there an app for all of them together?

I've purchased a few things that I'm waiting on:

1. The UX-999 Pro, thanks @Cnsheets
UX-999 Pro

2. The center console organizer tray, thanks @smokymtnengineer
Ruiya Organizer

Patiently waiting on more accessories to become available..

Since I have to wait around 45 days for my Level 2 Charger gift, I went ahead and bought a Lectron Level 1 Charger off of Amazon for $199. It's been working, just slow as hell....I started at 5:25pm it was at 65%, then a little over 15 hours later at 9:02 am it was at 93%....
Lectron Level 1

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Sky Font Screenshot Gadget Electronic device

Font Gadget Screenshot Communication Device Technology

Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
That’s awesome. Congrats. I’m going to end up passing on my Urban Yellow FE and purchasing a GT-Line AWD out of state.

Ive never applied for credit for this large of a purchase. I’m scared and nervous. Should I be? I have a score over 800 and make over 120k. But do have two current auto loans. One would go away with the purchase of the EV6.

Does Logix fund out of state purchases? I do live in California. It would have to become a member. Also looking at PenFed.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
C

My car was at Covina Valley Kia in Covina, California. I brought the dealer letter, window sticker, and a printout of the program. So first was the test drive, I immediately fell in love! The car is fast, handling on turns is great and there is little to none road noise. Love the parking features, automatic door handles, and spacious interior. UI is quick and responsive just looks a little plain. I mean I'm coming from a Rav4 Hybrid, it's like night and day... Odometer was at 12 miles

A couple of other people were also picking up their FE's. There was no markup but had a protection package. I showed them the letter, they basically said take it or leave it as they could sell it for a markup if I chose not to take it. So when they were typing the paperwork I had to remind them about the $100 deposit. Then the California Clean Fuel Reward gives you $750 off at purchase. They thought it was a year end tax thing so I had to show them the printout that I brought. They put the $850 towards my down, not sure if that was correct. So all including tax and fees came out to around 68,700. I've driven it for around 140 miles so far and have no regrets whatsoever.

I've applied for the CA HOV decal using the temp license plate which I've read on other forums it has worked for some people and others not.

I also qualify for $2000 rebate from the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project which you can check:

We're supposed to get 1,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) from Electrify America, but I can't seem to get the promo code working.

How many different charging station companies are there? Is there an app for all of them together?

UX-999 Pro

Ruiya Organizer

Since I have to wait around 45 days for my Level 2 Charger gift, I went ahead and bought a Lectron Level 1 Charger off of Amazon for $199. It's been working, just slow as hell....I started at 5:25pm it was at 65%, then a little over 15 hours later at 9:02 am it was at 93%....
Lectron Level 1

View attachment 2351

View attachment 2353

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2355

View attachment 2356

View attachment 2357

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360

View attachment 2361
Congratulations! Glad you went with Logix! When you applied for the CA HOV did you print and mail the form with a bank check? I couldn’t find a way to apply online.

·
Registered
306 Posts
In terms of the promo code, EA support today told me the program won’t be live till the 17th. There’re some members here who were able to enroll in EA. I was enrolled on Tuesday but now it’s not even in my app. 😢 the WiFi service, by verizon will be activated once the dealership submits the registration w/ version. Then it’s a 3 months 3GB trial plan whichever comes first from what KIA support has mentioned when I submitted a ticket two days ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts

UX-999 Pro

Ruiya Organizer

Lectron Level 1

View attachment 2351

View attachment 2353

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2355

View attachment 2356

View attachment 2357

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360

View attachment 2361
In terms of the promo code, EA support today told me the program won’t be live till the 17th. There’re some members here who were able to enroll in EA. I was enrolled on Tuesday but now it’s not even in my app. 😢 the WiFi service, by verizon will be activated once the dealership submits the registration w/ version. Then it’s a 3 months 3GB trial plan whichever comes first from what KIA support has mentioned when I submitted a ticket two days ago.
We picked up our FE on Saturday. We were told that the level 2 charger would arrive in 3-4 business days. We were also told that the reason that the car doesn't come with a level one charger is that it would take forever to charger the car. I have a lot of questions about on-the road charging. I'm hoping that at some point there will be no need to subscribe to a charging service and just swipe a credit card to charge, much like at gas stations. Way too complicated. We love the car.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Telluride and 2022 KIA EV6 GT-Line First Edition
64 Posts
That’s awesome. Congrats. I’m going to end up passing on my Urban Yellow FE and purchasing a GT-Line AWD out of state.

Ive never applied for credit for this large of a purchase. I’m scared and nervous. Should I be? I have a score over 800 and make over 120k. But do have two current auto loans. One would go away with the purchase of the EV6.

Does Logix fund out of state purchases? I do live in California. It would have to become a member. Also looking at PenFed.
For what it is worth, the dealership offered me 2.49% up to 60 months through KIA. We are picking it up today.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We picked up our FE on Saturday. We were told that the level 2 charger would arrive in 3-4 business days. We were also told that the reason that the car doesn't come with a level one charger is that it would take forever to charger the car. I have a lot of questions about on-the road charging. I'm hoping that at some point there will be no need to subscribe to a charging service and just swipe a credit card to charge, much like at gas stations. Way too complicated. We love the car.
Lucky, I won’t get my charger till 45 days. That’s what my dealer told me since it’s coming directly from corporate. So far the chargers I’ve visited, you can use your credit card. I just download the app since it’s easier for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lucky, I won’t get my charger till 45 days. That’s what my dealer told me since it’s coming directly from corporate. So far the chargers I’ve visited, you can use your credit card. I just download the app since it’s easier for me.
Thanks for the news about paying at a charger. That is my first choice. As for the 45 days thing, I was initially told two to three weeks, Then I had a serious chat with someone who cared and had that changed. You might try that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks! With your credit score and income you shouldn't be worried, I also had two current auto loans. Logix doesn't do out of state purchase, you would have to finance at the dealer and the refinance with them. Hopefully you can get your car soon, you've been one of the most active members on here!

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Logix doesn't do out of state purchase, you would have to finance at the dealer and the refinance with them.
Thanks. Thats a bummer. Maybe go with PenFed then. I doubt the dealership will be able to offer me any lenders with the same rates. I know Kia is higher for sure. I just hate to have to go through the process multiple times to refinance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the WiFi service worth it after that? What can you do with the WiFi? Is it only with Verizon?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! Wow let me know if you do get your level 2 charger that quickly that would be awesome. The level 1 does take forever but a little charge is better than no charge right now. The outside charging stations are easy after you setup account and pay information. Just bring out your phone wallet to the machine and it should be automatic. What color is your FE?

·
Registered
1 Posts

UX-999 Pro

Ruiya Organizer

Lectron Level 1

View attachment 2351

View attachment 2353

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2355

View attachment 2356

View attachment 2357

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360

View attachment 2361
How did the dealership contact you? I am waiting on my Urban Yellow FE here in Utah.

·
Registered
4 Posts

UX-999 Pro

Ruiya Organizer

Lectron Level 1

View attachment 2351

View attachment 2353

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2355

View attachment 2356

View attachment 2357

View attachment 2358

View attachment 2359

View attachment 2360

View attachment 2361
We also picked ours up on Friday and love it. We posted a walk-around video for anyone interested and will have more content soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts