Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 AWD Wind w/ Tech package
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my ev6 in mid-February. Did a long road trip to get it home, which can be found on Out Of Spec Motoring YT channel.

Then I did a range test with Out Of Spec Reviews

Then I have started the quest to make this EV6 my own. It's a Wind AWD with Tech Package, in glacier white.I will update this thread as I move forward, but you can also see my stuff here:
Instagram: @sedan_roadster_ewagon (I also own a Stinger and a 2013 Supercharged Miata)
YouTube: Stinger_miata_ev6 (work in progress) https://youtube.com/channel/UCCMtkZDWf6pjaNkP9luOzgw

Thought I would share some of my modifications or add-ons after 4 weeks of ownership.

Universal side splitters
Universal rear small diffuser add-on
Universal mud guards/flaps
Window tint
Avid 20x9 +35 wheels
Footwell lighting addedd
Dashcam with tucked wires
Euro-spec rubber floormats
Kumho Crugen 20" tires (my car came with the 19s, so I had to buy new tires)
Blue brake caliper paint
Blacked out emblems (ev6 emblem delete)

Next up:
Attempting roof wrap tomorrow (gloss black)
Lowering springs (Eibach or Gia Cuzzo)
Roof spoiler extension (Gia Cuzzo)
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not bad! Got a good start on the mods! The black wheel arch is a strange look, in one of the shots, it makes the car look like it has a large wheel gap. Did you lose any range with the bigger wheel and tire?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not bad! Got a good start on the mods! The black wheel arch is a strange look, in one of the shots, it makes the car look like it has a large wheel gap. Did you lose any range with the bigger wheel and tire?
It's funny you say that. I sometimes have to edit the images quite a bit around the wheel arches to make it not look like there's a giant opening between the car and the wheel because of the arches, ha ha !

I mostly driving the city and I don't drive much during the week so I haven't really noticed much of a difference. I'll also just been driving in sport mode the whole time

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
That's was my first thought on looking at the images.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
Thanks for the road trip videos! I watched them the day before I bought mine a couple weeks ago; they were really the tipping point to take the plunge for me and haven't regretted it.

Random question, how do you get away without having a front license plate? They're required in Texas. I don't want to put a plate on the front of mine, so if you found a loophole I wanna hear! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the road trip videos! I watched them the day before I bought mine a couple weeks ago; they were really the tipping point to take the plunge for me and haven't regretted it.

Random question, how do you get away without having a front license plate? They're required in Texas. I don't want to put a plate on the front of mine, so if you found a loophole I wanna hear! :D
No loophole. Since I'm still on temp tags, nobody has bothered me. That being said I haven't had front plates on my stinger for the 9 months I've been here and haven't been pulled over yet haha

If I do put a front plate on this I'm going to get one of those mounts that goes under the car that I can pull out when I want. I do not want to drill into my bumper

Appreciate the nice words on the video. It was an adventure and I look back at it now a month later and I know so much more about the infrastructure and this car, makes me realize how Petty some of the things that bothered me were. But I was just very nervous and had some anxiety since it was my first time ever driving an EV and I was doing it across the country

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm curious what your range is like if you are not using the climate control. Do you see a noticeable increase? I have a Crosstrek plug-in hybrid and I rarely use my climate control and am able to get up to 8 additional miles of range locally (car is rated for 17 miles).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious what your range is like if you are not using the climate control. Do you see a noticeable increase? I have a Crosstrek plug-in hybrid and I rarely use my climate control and am able to get up to 8 additional miles of range locally (car is rated for 17 miles).
About the same. Heater and ac impact anywhere from 5-20 miles in range

·
Registered
160 Posts
If I do put a front plate on this I'm going to get one of those mounts that goes under the car that I can pull out when I want. I do not want to drill into my bumper
Thanks for the reply! I don't want to drill into my bumper either. Thanks for the heads up about mounting under the car. I didn't know that was a thing. Looks simple enough to install too.

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
47 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I don't want to drill into my bumper either. Thanks for the heads up about mounting under the car. I didn't know that was a thing. Looks simple enough to install too.
I'm ordering this today. Won't need to drill holes in the bumper as there is one already there for the tow hook!!

Xotic Tech Tow Hook License Plate Screw On Mount Bracket Compatible with Kia Stinger 2018-up (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSMGJW...t_i_GTEEBS4HB5H9F6J03H91?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like I can hopefully move the plate down enough to clear the front sensors. I'll post up the results after getting it. Should be here Sunday Tuesday.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm ordering this today. Won't need to drill holes in the bumper as there is one already there for the tow hook!!

Xotic Tech Tow Hook License Plate Screw On Mount Bracket Compatible with Kia Stinger 2018-up (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSMGJW...t_i_GTEEBS4HB5H9F6J03H91?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like I can hopefully move the plate down enough to clear the front sensors. I'll post up the results after getting it. Should be here Sunday Tuesday.
That's interesting too. I'd be concerned about it blocking the sensor, and I'm not sure my OCD can handle it being off-center, but that is an alternative to drilling holes!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sad to see that you didn't keep the DIY bra from the delivery video :). Do you have a close up of the blacked-out logo? Curious to see how it looks.

Where did you get the mud guards? I definitely need those.
View attachment 3760
Love the snow white.

I got the mudflaps here... Trimmed em slightly.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts