Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Kia/Hyundai product, so I'm curious if I'm just missing something, or if this is universally How It Is in this brand:

I'm cruising along listening to music at a gentle, tinny volume:30. Navigation instructions come through loud and clear (without "priority over media" set, which I think is annoying when it dims the media just for an instruction).

The next day, I'm absolutely rocking out at 60 with all the windows down. Navigation prompts completely disappear.

I know I can adjust basically every prompt/chime/alert volume in the car, but I think they're all static volumes, as if I only ever listen to the radio at one precise volume?

Is there no option for "make all the noises at the same volume as my media"?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more gripes: why does every audio mode necessarily have its own volume? I HATE listening to radio at 50, then switching to an XM station only for it to suddenly be 20 because I happened to turn it down once last time I was in the car. Whyyyyyyyyy is that not a setting?!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I actually like that the volume levels for each mode can be adjusted independently; the volume output at 40 when on FM may not be the same as the volume output at 40 when on SXM or CarPlay. Also don't care or need to have nav voice volume be as loud as whatever music source I may be listening to at the moment either--i.e., I don't need/want nav voice (and/or any of the other non-music alerts) to be at the same volume as my media.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually like that the volume levels for each mode can be adjusted independently; the volume output at 40 when on FM may not be the same as the volume output at 40 when on SXM or CarPlay. Also don't care or need to have nav voice volume be as loud as whatever music source I may be listening to at the moment either--i.e., I don't need/want nav voice (and/or any of the other non-music alerts) to be at the same volume as my media.
I certainly understand the use case, but why in the WORLD is it not a setting? Some people don’t drive or listen the same way every drive. Having nav completely inaudible with the windows down yet overbearing when you’ve got no media playing is a very silly state of affairs.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I certainly understand the use case, but why in the WORLD is it not a setting? Some people don’t drive or listen the same way every drive. Having nav completely inaudible with the windows down yet overbearing when you’ve got no media playing is a very silly state of affairs.
Not unreasonable a wish to ask--a simple setting checkbox to enable/disable audio output normalization across all sources would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts