Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got lucky a found a Matte Grey First Edition at a local dealership here on Oahu one month ago today. We went in to see if they had any info on when they were getting in the EV6, and it just so happened they had gotten the first three in Hawaii in the day before. Bought the FE on the spot.

Had to pay a 5K dealer mark-up for it, but that is pretty standard here in Hawaii, at least on Oahu. All the dealerships are owned by a few families and many are in cahoots with each other and charge a mark-up on every vehicle, some charge as much as 15% above MSRP.

I've read there is a choice of a free gift with the purchase of a First Edition, but that it may have only been for those that reserved one? Can anyone clarify? Either the local dealership here reserved 5+ First Editions or everyone who reserved one canceled their order because they have had at least 5 to either arrive in the state or are on the way and they haven't been reserved for anyone. I guess they get the free gifts...

Also, the free 1000 kWh charging with Electrify America, does that offer expire 3 years after purchase of the vehicle or 3 years after redeeming the offer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had reserved an EV6 but couldn’t wait any longer so I went in and bought one off the lot. No mark up since I had a reservation. My free gift was the at home charger. Corporate didn’t want to give it to me since I didn’t buy my “Reservation” vehicle. The dealer broke down and gave it to me since they said they would. I would make the dealer give you one since they did charge 5K over sticker.
My dealer had some bogus anti theft device had to buy to buy for $1500 or else I couldn’t buy the car. I think that’s BS

im in Southern California.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts